Dell

719 candidate interviews

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Round Rock, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in December 2008.

Interview Details – The first contact was a phone screen by an internal recuriter. After passing the phone screen, I was scheduled for a series of interviews that lasted 4 hours. Dell parades in one manager after another for about 3 -4 hours. You are completely exhausted by the end of the day.

The company uses behavior questions i.e. desribe a time when you worked with a dificult co-worker and how you resolved the issue. There is no faking the answers, so, go in prepared with lots of examples of your prior work - especially the challenges.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with a difficult customer and how you resolved the issue?   View Answer
  • Describe a time when you solved a difficult business problem. What was the problem and how did you fix it?   View Answer

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Peoria, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in January 2012.

Interview Details – It started by simple conversation about the weekend plan. Then the manager started to talk about Dell Service, and what the opportunities are. Then we started to go over my resume, and I realized that he started to get distracted. As I went over my resume, I would stop and see if he would add some comments, and he didn't add anything and that became a dead silence. Because it was a phone interview, I almost thought I got disconnected, but he was still listening. Even until the end of the interview, when I was asking questions, his answer would not be more than 1 sentence. It wasn't that pleasant of an experience.

Senior Pre-sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manager did a good job of administering a verbal quiz of "What If's". For example, "if Exchange 2010 does (whatever) what is causing that to happen?" I didn't know, but I am a ridiculously quick study; he 'there is no runway,' so that ended it the interview

Interview Question – if Exchange 2010 does (whatever), what is causing it?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

B2B Sales Interview

Nashville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in May 2007.

Interview Details – Someone from HR CALLED ME and told me I was a great candidate for B2B Sales. She found my resume and heard I did good B2B sales somewhere. I did not give them resume. I took off work from existing job to do their grudging interview process. They gave me the most difficult retarded test I ever saw in my life. The lady said, don't worry, most everyone has to come back. I was like WTF, and never came back.....

Continual Service Improvement Manager Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interviews are hard. All of the interview questions are situational questions (Tell me about a time when). I recommend having 6 or 7 different examples of situations where you demonstrated ability to prioritize your work, engage others, innovate, adapt, drive strategy, etc. Example of question: Tell me about a time when you were assigned numerous priorities by multiple leaders, who all stressed the importance of their own projects. How did you prioritize your assignments? What steps did you take to inform the leaders of their individual project updates?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had negative input from your stakeholders as a result of a decision you made. How did you manage this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate. I feel the offer was very fair so I accepted.

Project Leader Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – 4 level Interview Process - Recruiter, Telephone Interview, Employee Recommendation and Face to Face Interview with AVP

Negotiation Details – Yes, they offered me 75,000.00 K, negotiated to 76 K plus quarterly bonuses

Graduate Senior Advisor Interview

Round Rock, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dell in September 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very exhaustive , professional and rigorous. The selection was based on two rounds of interviews comprising behavioral part and a case study discussion. The amazing part is that the recruitment team continously comforts the candidates to make the entire process less stressful.

The interview process included information session, a c round table with a senior executive, an evening reception and a case study

Interview Question – What would be your decision ? Would you like to recall or just dispatch the parts?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The process was very professional.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Chandigarh (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in September 2008.

Interview Details – Short and Precise. Pretty good and very professional. Dell is great employer from Interview to Exit!! :-)

Interview Question – How would you add value to bottom line business goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Role and growth needs to be sure of or negotiated, which determines everything else. Growth of self and company.

Testing Engineer Interview

Testing Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was good and i already work for DELL as contractor, so interview process took little more time due to some dependency

Interview Question – How you will install hard disk driver when server OS installation is going on   Answer Question

CSG Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a good experience and was like a dream come true when i got selected for dell

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell interview questions and advice. All 719 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.