Dell

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.9

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in December 2008.

The first contact was a phone screen by an internal recuriter. After passing the phone screen, I was scheduled for a series of interviews that lasted 4 hours. Dell parades in one manager after another for about 3 -4 hours. You are completely exhausted by the end of the day.

The company uses behavior questions i.e. desribe a time when you worked with a dificult co-worker and how you resolved the issue. There is no faking the answers, so, go in prepared with lots of examples of your prior work - especially the challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked with a difficult customer and how you resolved the issue?   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you solved a difficult business problem. What was the problem and how did you fix it?   View Answer

B2B Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in May 2007.

Someone from HR CALLED ME and told me I was a great candidate for B2B Sales. She found my resume and heard I did good B2B sales somewhere. I did not give them resume. I took off work from existing job to do their grudging interview process. They gave me the most difficult retarded test I ever saw in my life. The lady said, don't worry, most everyone has to come back. I was like WTF, and never came back.....

Senior Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in March 2010.

The hiring manager did a good job of administering a verbal quiz of "What If's". For example, "if Exchange 2010 does (whatever) what is causing that to happen?" I didn't know, but I am a ridiculously quick study; he 'there is no runway,' so that ended it the interview

Interview Questions
    • if Exchange 2010 does (whatever), what is causing it?   View Answer

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in January 2012.

It started by simple conversation about the weekend plan. Then the manager started to talk about Dell Service, and what the opportunities are. Then we started to go over my resume, and I realized that he started to get distracted. As I went over my resume, I would stop and see if he would add some comments, and he didn't add anything and that became a dead silence. Because it was a phone interview, I almost thought I got disconnected, but he was still listening. Even until the end of the interview, when I was asking questions, his answer would not be more than 1 sentence. It wasn't that pleasant of an experience.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell in September 2008.

Short and Precise. Pretty good and very professional. Dell is great employer from Interview to Exit!! :-)

Interview Questions
    • How would you add value to bottom line business goals?   Answer Question
    Role and growth needs to be sure of or negotiated, which determines everything else. Growth of self and company.

Graduate Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2011.

The hiring and interview process was very exhaustive , professional and rigorous. The selection was based on two rounds of interviews comprising behavioral part and a case study discussion. The amazing part is that the recruitment team continously comforts the candidates to make the entire process less stressful.

The interview process included information session, a c round table with a senior executive, an evening reception and a case study

Interview Questions
    • What would be your decision ? Would you like to recall or just dispatch the parts?   View Answer
    The process was very professional.

Project Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

4 level Interview Process - Recruiter, Telephone Interview, Employee Recommendation and Face to Face Interview with AVP

Yes, they offered me 75,000.00 K, negotiated to 76 K plus quarterly bonuses

Continual Service Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in January 2010.

The interviews are hard. All of the interview questions are situational questions (Tell me about a time when). I recommend having 6 or 7 different examples of situations where you demonstrated ability to prioritize your work, engage others, innovate, adapt, drive strategy, etc. Example of question: Tell me about a time when you were assigned numerous priorities by multiple leaders, who all stressed the importance of their own projects. How did you prioritize your assignments? What steps did you take to inform the leaders of their individual project updates?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had negative input from your stakeholders as a result of a decision you made. How did you manage this situation?   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate. I feel the offer was very fair so I accepted.

Inside Sales Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell in June 2014.

The first half of the interview was amazing. Very easy, they got to know me as a person. The second half of the interview was not what I had expected. My recruiter told me to have an understanding of one of the products I would be generating leads for but when I got into the interview they wanted me to give a thorough explanation of all of the products, draw a diagram explaining their functions, then sell it to them. I don't see how that is possible if a person doesn't have the proper training.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dell in July 2014.

I was contacted by email from a guy from Dell to set up a phone call. After the initial phone call he set up a call with the project manager from the US. I've got an email with the argument of the call, mainly background and motivational, insted it was full of very technical and specific questions.
    I received no feedback after this call, just an email for 2 more calls, this time tecnical (they wrote), they already sent me the dates, without asking if I were free. very roude. The first call was with a guy with a very strong indian accent and It was very difficoult to understand, at the second call, nobody showed up and I listened the waiting music for half an hour.
    In the mean time, another recruiter from Dell, send me an email for scheduling a call for the same position, very organized company.
    They rescedule the last call, blaming a problem with the phone, but I think they simple do not care of the people.

At the end of the process (2 week later the last call), I receive a call telling me they decided not to proced in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is your opinion about multicast delegate?   View Answer