Dell

Getting the Interview

719 candidate interviews

Supply Chain Senior Advisor Interview

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – recruiters will ask you general question and then read your resume.

Interview Question – they made a meeting for some students who they interest, and you have to attend.   Answer Question

Director, Product Marketing Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – It was a rather simple and straightforward interview process, as these sorts of things go. I was offered the opportunity to meet with 1 Vice President and 2 Directors and 2 front-line product managers. I also had extensive discussions with HR about culture and work/life balance and the direction of the company.

Interview Question – Was asked what changes I would make at the company.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in November 2013.

Interview Details – Horrible experience - waited more than an hour, for the interviewer to turn up. The HR was clueless, was saying to wait 5 mins for the last 35 mins :)
#After starting pretty late, the interviewer looked as if he's extremely busy and running too short of time
#Interviewer seemed to be very prejudiced
#Did not give a chance to explain myself
#God knows what was he asking or meant to ask - kept saying in more details (though failed to explain what details he was looking for)
#Throughout the interview kept saying they perform extremely complex web service(or so) process-when I asked what is it-he said they extract some xml data and parse it!
#When asked to explain what was he looking for, was shooting the moon!

I am very disappointed, the HR does not know what people want, the interviewer seemed a brain-dead guy, wasted my Saturday morning sleep and some 5 hours. Please know exactly what they're looking for and what will be the interview subject. God help you Michael Dell.

Interview Question – Asking way off-topic question, gave a feeling that the interviewer was not sure he was doing or asking.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – This was an campus interview. The environment and interviewer were very laid back and informal. They asked me about my resume and several behavioral questions. Questions included such things as leadership experience and hypothetical situations. There were no analytical questions. The interview was with a financial manager and lasted half an hour.

Interview Question – Name a time you lead a group and how you reacted when there were difficulties?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Overall, it was okay.
They were accomodating on my time schedules.
The interviewers were on time and looked profesional.

Everybody looked so busy as I had to wait a week or more to be told that I am moving to the next interview. Also, they called most of the time on Friday late afternoon to ask for an interview schedule the week after.

Interview Question – All questions were normal (how will you make sure you reach the target, how wil you deal with non-performing employees, etc)   Answer Question

Channel Sales Interview

Interview Details – Informal interview

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 10 years?   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – Interview process is quite good , not so easy to get through.They have few policies strictly based on their requirements.

Interview Question – Role model   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – Intital communication was fair... all the requirements and expectation were made clear and i have been told about the company

Interview Question – Why do you want to join   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – A lot of behavioural questions and situational. Apply STAR method to each and ask questions about Dell in general

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Very professional and good follow up with the process for the onsite interviews with the members of the team. The recuriter phone interview was followed by onsite team interviews within a week timeframe..

Interview Question – How would you sell value?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell interview questions and advice. All 719 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.