Dell

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Human Resources Ops Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in September 2014.

I submitted my resume through an internal contact, and I was called within a week to arrange a time for an in person, one on one interview at the office in Frenchs Forest (so no phone interview screening). They emailed me all the details I required in advance - address, map, phone numbers, name of the interviewer, how to enter the office.

I arrived on the arranged day and time and was greeted by the interviewer. He had a generic question and answer sheet, but thankfully did not use it other than to jot down notes in the relevant sections - the first question I was able to read on the page was, 'Why do you want to work for Dell?'.

He was an experienced interviewer; and asked more general questions pertaining to my previous experience, knowledge of the role and the company, which gave me more freedom to answer questions without being stilted. Given that I am a recent graduate, he focused more on how my previous experience could relate to required competencies of the offered position, as opposed to the actual technical skills required. Having worked in the position being offered, he had comprehensive knowledge about the job and was able to answer and succinctly explain all the details I required.

A few days after the interview, he called to say they were not continuing with my application, having other candidates with more relevant experience as one reason, also saying that the manager who was offshore would most likely not be able to provide the hand holding I would have required (basically, I was under-qualified for this role). He provided feedback, which was also greatly appreciated.

In terms of culture, Dell in Australia is not considered a 'corporate' culture firm in which everyone wears a suit to work every day. I was overdressed in a black blazer, button down and a skirt - but it does help to make a 'professional' impression. Being a MNC, the interviewer did also say that the position would mean collaborating with people across the Asia-Pacific and Japan region, including India, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia - so time differences would affect how early or late you would start and finish.

Interview Questions
    • Given your previous experience, what skills have you picked up that are most relevant to this job?
      While on exchange overseas, what difficulties did you face while dealing with the local culture?
        View Answer

Brand Manager Desktops Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Dell.

The process started in March and now In September I have just received an offer. Many interviews and HR did not do a very good job of keeping me updated with the status.

Currently negotiating

Dell Computers Sales Interview

I have wanted to work for Dell for a long time, so when I finally got a chance to interview I was most excited. However despite not getting an offer, I do not think that this is the type of place I would want to work anyway. Upon entering the room with the interviewer, I was simply asked in a rude tone "why would I hire you"

Senior Analyst Interview

There were 2 rounds of Interview. One technical and another HR. The technical interview went really well. But the HR interview went little uncomfortable as the offer was too low. But, there were no much options, I had to accept the offer.

I couldn't manage to get what I have demanded but accepted whichever they offered.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2014.

Applied through campus jobs portal and got called for an on-campus interview. Interview was pretty laid-back, mostly asked me my career prospects and how I liked my major. Nothing nerve wrecking. The interviewer was not looking for anything in specific skills-wise but mostly if your personality would fit the company and if you would be a proactive employee.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not technical so no questions were actually difficult.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Sep 18, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your interview. We are glad you had a positive experience and are joining Dell!

Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dell.

Process was a 6 week process from applying to offer. Interview was fairly standard. They were many unexpected questions but I answered according to my experience. Typical interview questions ranging from behavioral and prior experience.

Client Technical Support Senior Associate Interview

HR round -> Versent -> Technical Round. Technical round is also Ops round. Ops manager is a floor manager. They are very good and very friendly. They are straight forward and ask technical questions.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Dell in May 2014.

First round interviews was a panel of 3. Was not intense but validating whats on your resume and experience to do the job. My recommendation would be to be confident and don't lie on your resume because they will expose you. Be prepared for the panel type interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are things that are deal breakers in the role for you?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in May 2013.

Applied by sending my resume to HR. They called 4 days later and did a phone screening. Then I went to the company and had an interview with the people I would work with, really smooth interview talking about my experience and why joining the company. They asked me if I was willing to travel to the office (because I live far away) and what where the most important things I learnt in my previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to make a pivot table in Excel and explain the report, not very difficult   Answer Question

Financial Analysis Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

The hiring process is very professional despite some small internal coordination problems. Three to four interviews before hiring including one phone interview . Interviews are the most important step in the selection process. Usual questions are asked, and quick responses whiting 48 hours.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!