Dell Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Gardener Interview

Interview

digging and soils planting trees, then actually pruning the stuff back. Its like crazy that anyone would water and fertilize plants and then cut them back. Then they asked me more about gardening and I told them I was a pool boy by trade.

IT Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through on-campus career fair. One of the team members called me after a month and talked about what the team does. After 2 weeks, the HR scheduled a onsite interview. There were 6 interviews spanned across 6hrs. The recruiter responded after a couple of weeks with a fat offer. Negotiated a bit and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about SAN, Database configuration, VLANs, Shell scripting and Linux administration basics   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

It was a quite simple process. 4 rounds. JAM, HR, Vercent and Operations. But the interview process is ultra slow which took 13 hours for 3 rounds. Overall a great interview experience and what seems to be an awesome work environment.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Email request for portfolio examples. They liked those and it was followed by a phone call with Senior Management. They said I had everything they were looking for and moved me to a second interview with colleagues and hiring manager. It went well. Then I didn't hear anything for 3 weeks until they sent a standard rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something didn't go as you expected and describe how you handled it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

2 Rounds of Behavioral Interviews. The process went very smoothly. This is an awesome company and everyone I met with was pleasant. My interviews went well and were made up of stereotypical behavioral questions. I would recommend Dell for an internship. We also got the opportunity to learn about many of the different products that Dell offers.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Vienna (Austria)) in August 2014.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone, a very friendly recruiter had a long conversation with me and i was being very positive about the interview.
    The secondary interview was in person at the twin towers business center in vienna, the interviewer was a dutch expat which seemed to have a lot of problems reading my cv, for instance, he didn´t understand how my studies and work experiences were overlapping. so apparently he got his studies payed by his family and didn´t know what it means to work to live.
    I have nothing against the company, i was just startled by how they can make such a person an interviewer for possible candidates.

Interview Questions

• your CV says you were working in this period, but also that you were studying, is that a mistake?   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

You sit in a room and meet with approximately 7 individuals one at a time. This takes four to five hours and is very exhausting. There is no break and you aren't offered any water or coffee. It's very professional but the people interviewing you are very busy and don't have a lot of time. After the last interviewer left I was left to find my way out of the building. I was stopped by a security guard who called back the last interviewer to escort me to the exit. Needless to say the interviewer was annoyed by the inconvenience and I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember the questions. They we pretty standard. The marathon interview session is designed to break down your defenses.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell in March 2015.

Interview

I had telephonic interview for internship. Panel of 3 had taken my interview. They asked everything from resume, no questions were asked which were outside of topic which i might not be able to answer. They explained me initially about whats the current technology in dell and then started with asking me about my previous job experience. Then they started with projets I had done and skill sets mentioned.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I knew data structures   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2011.

Interview

Very detailed and long process, took 4 weeks, 4 stages, they asked plenty of job-related questions and also extra ones, such as tell us about your hobbies, what you enjoy to do most of all etc.

Software Development Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell (Hyderābād (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview is good and not a traditional way of asking "what is the difference between..", "What is.." kind of questions. Had a telephonic round of interview and F2F interview. Initially they had offered me one role next to the one i had applied for, given two days of time to think.

When i had contacted them back, HR was saying there is no position now. I am not happy with this company.

Interview Questions

• 1. If you have to create a framework, what are all the things you take in to consideration?   Answer Question