Dell

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.9

Account Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell.

There were 3 people and recruiter at a table, I was called same day they said if hired I would not stay. So asically for the salry they wanted to offer the comany did not expect me to stay and it was a contract [position.

Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

go straightly apply online and go through standard procedure and steps to submit the application package, the first round of interview is more about personal background check, nothing much technical

Interview Questions
    • the biggest difficulty you might come up with when working for the firm   Answer Question

Consumer Sales Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dell.

First process is through staff management if you pass them then second is through Dell managers who ask a round of questions who qualify you for the posititon tha needs to be filled

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you what could this company benefit by including you as a memeber of our team   Answer Question
    very pleasant

Tech Support Interview

I had to go through 3rd party hiring company. Looked promising until the hours of availability were discussed. I wasn't available freely for the time commitment. Questions weren't difficult

Inside Sales Representative II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

1 in-person interview with 2 sales managers. Very relaxed process and it lasted about 10 minutes. We went over my resume and elaborated on previous work experience etc

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example when you solved a customer problem. How did you handle things if the customer was irate?   Answer Question
    • Why should dell hire you?   Answer Question

Feb 9, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review. We rely on our team members referrals for great hires a lot - almost 40% of our hires come through referrals! Congratulations on your offer and welcome to the team.

Marketing Analyst for DFS Interview

I got the interview through my Universities Job board. I submitted my resume and had an on campus interview. I was interviewed by two people and was asked basic behavioral questions. About a week later I was informed I had made the cut for the 2nd and final interview. For the second interview they invited all the candidates to the dell campus where we learned more about dell and the campus. At the end of the day I had two interviews 15min interviews back to back.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unusual or technical questions and it was a completely behavioral/leadership based question.   Answer Question

Feb 9, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review. I am sure many of our candidates also interviewing from University would find the details you shared helpful. Best of luck to you!

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

For an engineer support role you would think it would be done by someone with some background on the tech your applying for. a good number of people are only interviewed by a manager with no work in the field your applying for.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dell.

7 hours, 9 people, all very smart, knew the Dell model and were keen to add good talent
    fast paced, intense, gave you a sense for what the pace was going to be like

not able to negotiate

Feb 9, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for the review! Thrilled to hear that although your interview process was a bit hectic you were able to meet some great people. Congratulations on your offer and welcome to Dell!

Brand Operations Analyst Interview

Many of these positions are through contractors, so you have an informal interview with the contractor first to see if they think you are a good fit. The good thing is they give a quick run down of the people you will be interviewing with so it's not a total surprise.

Interview Questions
    • I was able to answer all of the questions without difficulty   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation since it was through a contractor - which can make it difficult when wanting an increase.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in January 2015.

Campus interview, applied through university career center.
    The interviewer was kind and patient. We talked about my past projects and he also asked some design pattern question. I think I did a good job but no response after the interview even though I emailed the recruiter twice. After 2 months, I received a short email saying they would not move forward my candidacy.