Dell Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015
1,025 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dell.

Interview

The hiring is based solely on politics. In this position alone, four Dell employees applied, but no one had an interview. The position was given to someone who didn't earned the opportunity.

Inside Sales Account Management I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

There will usually be 2 Sales Managers in the room with you conducting the interview. They will ask you basic questions and have you walk through your resume. Primarily, for sales, they will be seeking a personality and attitude match that will fit into the high-pace, highly competitive atmosphere. They may also try to dissuade you from the job to gauge your response and commitment to the opportunity.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter asking me if I was still interested. She schedule for several interviews to take place on a Friday starting at 9:30am. I showed up at 8:30am and registered with the front desk attendant at 9:00am. Around 9:20, the replacement front desk attendant informed me that no interviews had been booked for me. I decided to reach out to call the recruiter from my cell phone (since Dell does not provide you with contact information for people you are about to meet with) and, after a while, the hiring manager showed up (instead of the first person I was supposed to interview with). The interview went quickly by (30 minutes per interview except for the hiring manager with whom I unfortunately spent less time). The Dell employee interviewers working in security were interesting as they all have diversified background (finance, legal, aeronautical engineering, etc.). All confirmed that I would be a great addition to the team. I completed another interview over the phone late at night and spent a lot more time with that Dell employee from India. He confirmed that he would recommend my employment. I followed-up with the recruiter but did not hear back until 2 weeks later that they had decided to hire someone internally.

Interview Questions

• Where your professional information security certifications politically given to you?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in May 2015.

Interview

Was an interview over the phone more so on the screening side of rather then full interview. Have a follow up interview in a week can supply more information then. The also asked information about my experiences giving from my resume. Also was a panel of interviewers about 3 were asking me questions.

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ireland, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Ireland, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Contatced by HR, had a follow up telephone interview, lovely interviewer, very pleasant. Talked extensively abut the company and the role. Overall this was a pleasant and good interview, if I got the chance I would love to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about particular modules you did in college?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

Got a call for an interview in the afternoon, after submitting CV in the morning. Interviewee was nice, went for about 30 minutes. General background of what the role was, and what functions you needed to perform, and then some questions about why Dell, and what its competitive advantage was. What direction you wanted to head in (general fit questions)

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jun 1, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and those that visit our page to learn more about interviewing with Dell. We wish you the very best.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

Its very technical and to the point. They will ask alt about the company . and also about there latest products, You should know what there latest products are and what new products are they planning to launch in the market

Interview Questions

• best dell laptop u have used . What to do if laptop does not boot   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

2 Rounds of Behavioral Interviews. The process went very smoothly. This is an awesome company and everyone I met with was pleasant. My interviews went well and were made up of stereotypical behavioral questions. I would recommend Dell for an internship. We also got the opportunity to learn about many of the different products that Dell offers.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jun 1, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Best of luck to you.

Validation Team Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Interview at Round Rock office. First got an email about the schedule. And later got the date and time at which I should be there. Had to figure out how to get there because there wasn't resource they sent me. I got entrance permission at the desk, and then there were two interviewers each in charge of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about advanced concepts like "what a state machine is" as well as conventional ones like "the difference between inheritence and abstract classes". Then behavioral, and then gave a case where there's a problem in a database where it has a lot of data and I want to make specific query fast.   Answer Question

Jun 1, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Welcome to the Dell team! Thank you for sharing your experience with our readers. I am sure the interview questions in particular will be helpful to others as they prepare for their interviews with ... More

Information Security Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They set up a screening interview with an HR representative, followed by a 1:1 telephone interview with hiring manager. After that, I went through an on-site panel interview with three prospective peers.

Interview Questions

• How I have managed conflicting demands for resources in a prior role.   Answer Question