Dell

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in October 2014.

The whole process takes an awful lot of time! 5 weeks and then a generic message saying it will take longer. Interview questions are easy. 2:1 for full time positions. There was a networking event the night before the interview was scheduled. Felt good to meet with the recruiters and talk to them about their experience working at Dell.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. The technical questions were related to data structures   Answer Question

BA Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Hired over the phone/Skype. I made it abundantly clear that I prefer the work of a business analyst over project management work. I then found myself doing nothing but project management work. PMs have a tendency to abandon projects and related groups are forced to assume this responsibility.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation and settled for a low compensation because I thought I would enjoy the work.

Dell Computers Sales Interview

I have wanted to work for Dell for a long time, so when I finally got a chance to interview I was most excited. However despite not getting an offer, I do not think that this is the type of place I would want to work anyway. Upon entering the room with the interviewer, I was simply asked in a rude tone "why would I hire you"

Oct 6, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your candid review on your interview experience with us. We are constantly monitoring the reviews on Glassdoor and sharing with our recruiting team, HR leaders and hiring managers. We ... More

Senior Analyst Interview

There were 2 rounds of Interview. One technical and another HR. The technical interview went really well. But the HR interview went little uncomfortable as the offer was too low. But, there were no much options, I had to accept the offer.

I couldn't manage to get what I have demanded but accepted whichever they offered.

Oct 6, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review of your offer experience. At Dell, it is important to us to offer pay to our candidates that is based on in depth analysis of the role in the marketplace. A lot of data is ... More

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

Process was a 6 week process from applying to offer. Interview was fairly standard. They were many unexpected questions but I answered according to my experience. Typical interview questions ranging from behavioral and prior experience.

Client Technical Support Senior Associate Interview

HR round -> Versent -> Technical Round. Technical round is also Ops round. Ops manager is a floor manager. They are very good and very friendly. They are straight forward and ask technical questions.

Supply Chain Interview

There was an online application process with the option to upload a resume. The interview was done in person on my campus. It was a very routine interview lasting about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to go outside your job description to perform a task?   Answer Question

Mechanical Associate Engineer I Interview

The interview process started after I submitted my resume with with a 45-minute phone interview, then an in-person interview at an off-site location. Interviews were mostly informal and conversational. The interviewer was friendly and genuinely interested in me.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience dealing with non-engineering customers?   Answer Question

Aug 19, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience. We will share your feedback with our Recruiting leaders and appreciate the time you took share your thoughts. Congratulations on your offer ... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

The onsite interview consisted of 4 (1 of them being with HR) 1:1 interviews, each interview being around 30 mins. each, and they covered both technical/problem-solving and behavioral questions. The sessions were pretty laid-back and informal and started off with some bit of chit-chatting followed by an understanding of what was expected from the role, what I had done previously of the same nature, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The "Three Light Switches" riddle, which one can answer (and I could fortunately) on the spot one thinking through but it was a bit unexpected but a good way of testing problem solving in my opinion.   Answer Question

GSD TAM Services Senior Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dell.

You must prepare for this interview. Though the first round is basic. Such questions as how many people have you managed. The how many within Dell. Problem solving is a part of this interview. You will be asked to submit at lease two problems and how you would solve them. People conflicts within your team and solving them. Management conflicts and solving them.

Interview Questions
    • What do I see as somthing that lacks value in my current position?   View Answer