Dell

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.9

Client Technical Support Senior Associate Interview

HR round -> Versent -> Technical Round. Technical round is also Ops round. Ops manager is a floor manager. They are very good and very friendly. They are straight forward and ask technical questions.

Supply Chain Interview

There was an online application process with the option to upload a resume. The interview was done in person on my campus. It was a very routine interview lasting about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to go outside your job description to perform a task?   Answer Question

Mechanical Associate Engineer I Interview

The interview process started after I submitted my resume with with a 45-minute phone interview, then an in-person interview at an off-site location. Interviews were mostly informal and conversational. The interviewer was friendly and genuinely interested in me.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience dealing with non-engineering customers?   Answer Question

Dell Response

Aug 19, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience. We will share your feedback with our Recruiting leaders and appreciate the time you took share your thoughts. Congratulations on your offer ... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

The onsite interview consisted of 4 (1 of them being with HR) 1:1 interviews, each interview being around 30 mins. each, and they covered both technical/problem-solving and behavioral questions. The sessions were pretty laid-back and informal and started off with some bit of chit-chatting followed by an understanding of what was expected from the role, what I had done previously of the same nature, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The "Three Light Switches" riddle, which one can answer (and I could fortunately) on the spot one thinking through but it was a bit unexpected but a good way of testing problem solving in my opinion.   Answer Question

GSD TAM Services Senior Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dell.

You must prepare for this interview. Though the first round is basic. Such questions as how many people have you managed. The how many within Dell. Problem solving is a part of this interview. You will be asked to submit at lease two problems and how you would solve them. People conflicts within your team and solving them. Management conflicts and solving them.

Interview Questions
    • What do I see as somthing that lacks value in my current position?   View Answer

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dell in August 2014.

I had two interviews - one with HR and the second with the hiring manager. The phone interview was very positive and well structured. The interview with the hiring manager was poor - he never looked at my resume and asked odd questions.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe Dell's acquisition of Compellent storage and how it affected the company.   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

I was referred by a friend and Dell reached out to me that week. I interviewed with two managers, the questions were difficult but they just wanted to see how you think.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you a book of business, how would you start to reach out to those clients and how would you determine who was first?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Software Developer Interview

phone than real than go to the place and talked to the branch manager, got in in no time only took about twenty miutes to interview. after waited about three weeks to get a respond.

Client Support Specialist/Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

After applying to Dell Federal Services online I received a phone call in about two weeks. This initial call's purpose was to set up a phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Specialist who calls you at the time of your choosing. The interview is fairly quick. They ask you to give them details of IT experience and also ask you to tell them a bit about Active Directory.
    Shortly afterwards they talk about salary and compensation.

Interview Questions
    There was only one offer made

Software Developer Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell in July 2014.

Had a phone round with the hiring manager and then onsite.
    The phone screen was going over my background and asked a few core Java questions.
    It took them about 3 weeks to get back to me after the phone screen
    The onsite interview was 4 rounds 30-45 mins each. Couple of whiteboard coding and design questions.
    The people seemed friendly and passonate about their work.
    Got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. the design question probably was the hardest.   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate. Was offered more that I expected with bonus and relocation.