Dell Interview Questions

1,026 Interview Reviews

2.9

Applications Management Analyst L2 Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

After application on Dell Job board was excited that after Morgan Stanley this was supposed my second big Break Through. Recruiter Contacted me and scheduled a time for telephonic talk. After she was satisfied She setup an interview with onsite Lead Analyst. He was really good and experienced he asked me each and every details and i answered it at a point he was 99% satisfied.

Then he asked me about what i want and why Dell ? and i answered.

Then i was told that i will give my feedback to my manager and may be he or some one else from my team will take your interview if they are further interested.

My interview was on Friday and Monday was president day so i mailed her Tuesday ...asking if she have feedback for me ? Didn't received her response on 3rd day too. I guess she was not provided feedback from Nashville. I called off all other interviews with a hope of getting this job where i can do something.

All i want is they be clear . If YES then say yes if NO then say no and if she didn't got feedback then at least say that. As a professional I have also taken interview and sometimes i also waited for week and after taking interview i give feedback selecting the best person. Its totally fine and acceptable but Giving NO RESPONSE makes a negative thought of loosing hope of getting that Job.

Plus i never blame any company employees as they take interview they are doing their job and duty. If they rejects me then also i will accept it as my fault or somewhere i might be lacking . I will groom my self with required technical skills , Improve my self and then will appear for interview for some other company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have ITIL certification ?   1 Answer
    • Are you ready to work on Weekends ? as we have lot weekend activities.   1 Answer
    • I was asked basic unix & oracle commands.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

This candidate selection, interviewing, and hiring process is the most straight forward, no nonsense process I have been through. The online application portal's user interface is slick and the extraction process is productive. The recruiter is extremely talented and offers professional and timely communication on next steps. The hiring managers are talented and excited about the organization. I had one phone conversation with recruiter and two face to face interviews on site.

Interview Questions

• What artifacts are you familiar with?   Answer Question
    • What is your communication style?   Answer Question
    • What two courses in your college education prepared you for this opportunity?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience working with end users? What stakeholders did you manage?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with up to 10% travel?   Answer Question
    • Did you have direct management authority to those you previously managed? Are you comfortable with shared resources?   Answer Question
    • What is the size of projects you have experience managing in dollars, hours, or duration?   Answer Question
    • Whats your background and knowledge with using PMI's PM knowledge areas, processes and principles?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate since I negotiated upfront with recruiter. Their offer was fair and I didn't feel low balled on salary.

Dell Response

Feb 9, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Wow - this is a really detailed and likely helpful review for other candidates. Congratulations on your accepted offer and thank you for your review!

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Nashua, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and get back 2 weeks later. 20 minutes long at first talk.
    He talked about his team and what the project is, and I talked about what I have done previously. Relaxing and no technical questions.
    Days later they will have more members in a team to talk with me again.

B2B Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

Friendly and conversational. Asked questions about what sort of impact I would like to have on the company and how I would go about doing so. Very passionate about the company

Manager of Quality Leads Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 Managers. Questions were about past experiences and how to handle managing up and dealing with consent change. Each interview at Dell is different than the last, as there is no set structure in place that the interview team must follow.

Interview Questions

• Experiences on how to handles different direct report issues.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

On Campus MBA Intern Interview completed at the University of Texas at Austin. The position was to work out of Round Rock, TX for the summer and potentiallytransition into a full time opportunity

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Dell. The group seems a bit decentralized and disorganized. Was not overly impressed with the process.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted directly by team members that worked for the hiring manager. Phone interviews with 4 people and in person finals with 2 people. Never was contacted/screened by a Dell Recruiter throughout the entire process.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Received an email from recruiter to set up phone interview. Did phone interview and then set up interview at Dell site. When I was at the Dell site interview I had a panel of four. Each from different departments. Each asked a couple questions. The questions where a little difficult. I would definitely prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a list of businesses from A to Z. How would you determine who to start with?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

There wasn't a lot to it, I just submitted my resume and was selected for an interview. It was one on one, and a one time thing. All of the questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Pretty common questions; asked to describe myself, why I chose the university that I choose, and why I wanted to work for Dell.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

There were 3 people and recruiter at a table, I was called same day they said if hired I would not stay. So asically for the salry they wanted to offer the comany did not expect me to stay and it was a contract [position.