Dell Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.9

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

I found out about this position through a posting online and was particularly interested in it because it was based in France. The online application was slightly confusing and ended up submitting my application before I actually finished. I tried to reach out to the Montpellier office (which was where I applied) but it was almost invisible. What's worse is that they when I looked up the same position in the USA, the responsibilities were more technical and refined vs the france one which seemed like any jane doe with some computer skills could do.

Oct 29, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are working diligently on improving our job descriptions worldwide. Our objective is to ensure that the responsibilities are clearly understood and an accurate ... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell.

It was a campus interview. I submitted my application through campus recruiting and was invited to a 30-minute interview a few days later. They did a tag-team interview with two recruiters. They will respond within a few weeks about whether or not I'll have a second email.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you did not agree with someone with whom you were working. How did you handle the situation and what were the results?   Answer Question

Nov 19, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience interviewing with Dell. Your feedback will help our Recruiting team improve as well as provide insight to future candidates.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in October 2014.

It was a day of interview with multiple 45 minute sessions. Interview went very well and both parties appeared very interested. Looks like they ran into some hiring freeze issue later on and hence asked me to wait some more time. In the mean while I found some other opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are related to my resume and the target job.
      A storage related job interview.

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in October 2014.

He asked me all behavorial question. He asked me everything about my resume which involved talking about where I am from, where i went to high school, road blocks in life and how i overcame them and if I got bad partner in a project, how would I approach them?

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in October 2014.

The whole process takes an awful lot of time! 5 weeks and then a generic message saying it will take longer. Interview questions are easy. 2:1 for full time positions. There was a networking event the night before the interview was scheduled. Felt good to meet with the recruiters and talk to them about their experience working at Dell.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. The technical questions were related to data structures   Answer Question

Supply Chain Development Program Interview

interviewed at Dell in October 2014.

Applied through university recruiting and was contacted by HR. I interviewed on campus by two recruiters at once, and was asked mostly behavioral questions. Second round of interviews took place in Austin with two 1:1 sessions. The visit also included a meet and greet with current SCDPs, and a tour of the facility and Austin area.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take a firm stand against others.   Answer Question

Personal reasons, specific to personal circumstances.

BA Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Hired over the phone/Skype. I made it abundantly clear that I prefer the work of a business analyst over project management work. I then found myself doing nothing but project management work. PMs have a tendency to abandon projects and related groups are forced to assume this responsibility.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation and settled for a low compensation because I thought I would enjoy the work.

Dell Computers Sales Interview

I have wanted to work for Dell for a long time, so when I finally got a chance to interview I was most excited. However despite not getting an offer, I do not think that this is the type of place I would want to work anyway. Upon entering the room with the interviewer, I was simply asked in a rude tone "why would I hire you"

Oct 6, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your candid review on your interview experience with us. We are constantly monitoring the reviews on Glassdoor and sharing with our recruiting team, HR leaders and hiring managers. We ... More

Senior Analyst Interview

There were 2 rounds of Interview. One technical and another HR. The technical interview went really well. But the HR interview went little uncomfortable as the offer was too low. But, there were no much options, I had to accept the offer.

I couldn't manage to get what I have demanded but accepted whichever they offered.

Oct 6, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review of your offer experience. At Dell, it is important to us to offer pay to our candidates that is based on in depth analysis of the role in the marketplace. A lot of data is ... More

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

Process was a 6 week process from applying to offer. Interview was fairly standard. They were many unexpected questions but I answered according to my experience. Typical interview questions ranging from behavioral and prior experience.