Dell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Varies greatly by manager. Some managers will want to do a mock customer meeting. Some will simply be similar to most companies about you and your past and how it fits the current role. Most interviews are one interview/meeting only when you are an external candidate. Internal interviews can go several rounds depending on the role.

Interview Question – How do you deal with ambiguity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Dell will negotiate depending on experience / previous pay at similar company. Always ask for more money from Dell. They will pay for about 50% of the time.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – 8 hour interview with 4 to 6 senior employees.

Interview Question – Provide specific details of how you will add value to Dell.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to bring up initial salary offered by almost 23%, plus additional moving expense reimbursements.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – individual and group interview formats

Interview Question – What specifically would you do with this business scenario?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in September 2011.

Interview Details – 7 interviews

Interview Question – How would you sell enterprise, mobility, software, and services to customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2013.

Interview Details – Timeline for initial communications, scheduling interviews, and getting application feedback were good. Timeline for screening, interviewing, and offer/no offer made was in line with expectations. Expectations from a job scheduling stand point were not always made clear.

Interview Question – the question was regards to a very specific technical specification regarding Dell equipment that is not one an interviewee would typically expect. Typically industry hardware and software topics would be expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation room on compensation based on experience and skills. Industry standards are typically adhered to fairy strictly.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in November 2013.

Interview Details – request initial phone interview, hiring manager phone interview, and finally f2f interview. It may takes some time to align with all people's schedule.

Interview Question – Ask me to prepare an business proposal under an set situation. The porposal should be 2-3 pages long and certain straggic and tactical details. This is unexpected because this may be a part of the work when you get into the position and business environment.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Dell in June 2011.

Interview Details – Year long process. Flown to Round Rock twice with team interviews and one on one

Negotiation Details – Quick. Accurate. Reasonable

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Round Rock, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Onsite interview with manager. Group interview as third/ final interview.

Interview Question – Lots of personality questions. More interest in my personality than knowledge of technology. Asked me "why do you want to work here?" and "What do you know about Dell."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. Just given base salary and told that a commission structure existed.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Remote Interview process. Didn't have to fly to Round Rock.

Interview Question – more technical quest then anything.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Sales Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – The interview process is very straight forward. I met with two levels of management as well as the team. Everyone was very friendly and forthcoming about what they liked and disliked about the job.

Interview Question – What was the worst experience you ever went through at any job?   Answer Question