Dell Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dell.

Interview was relatively simple. First Interview was by hiring manager and a second interview was conducted by four team members. Hiring process included offer and required drug test. Questions mainly covered experience and personal future goals.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not really difficult, but typical questions to get an understanding of how a person would work in their environment. I asked a question about a software shown in the job duties and hiring manager was not familiar with the software.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Asked to fix some code that they intentionally broke and was asked to fix it.
    Very straight forward regular questions. Nothing difficult. Had some phone interviews first and then asked to come into Dell for face to face.

Was able to negotiate.

Inside Sales Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell in June 2014.

The first half of the interview was amazing. Very easy, they got to know me as a person. The second half of the interview was not what I had expected. My recruiter told me to have an understanding of one of the products I would be generating leads for but when I got into the interview they wanted me to give a thorough explanation of all of the products, draw a diagram explaining their functions, then sell it to them. I don't see how that is possible if a person doesn't have the proper training.

Campus Ambassador Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Mosaic reached out to me for this position because I had recently applied for a different position so they had my resume. Then I had one interview with the Mosaic recruiter, followed by an interview with my now-manager. I also had to use HireVue to answer questions online, which is really awkward because you just have to talk to your own face.

Interview Questions
    • Very general questions - why do you want this job? What will you bring to this role? Etc.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Jul 14, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Hi! Thank you for your interview review. We are glad to hear you accepted the offer to be a campus ambassador! Virtual interviewing can be awkward at first, but hopefully you felt more comfortable ... More

Inside Sales Representative IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2014.

I was referred by an employee of Dell. I believe that is how most people are hired. I had phone interview, I believe it was mostly to see how I could communicate. After phone interview, I was immediately asked to come in for a face-to-face. I interviewed with three managers and a trainer. After that, I had to do some online training and fill out a personality test. Then do a drug test. Finally, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    They do not negotiate salary

Consumer Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Recruiter contacted me after finding my resume online and then set up the interview for me at Dell. After a brief tour of the building, especially the sales floor, there was a short, very basic interview that was mostly just discussing the position and if I thought I could do what would be asked of me, and I walked out of the building with the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a story that reflects a time you were in a competitive situation.   Answer Question

Web Content Editor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2014.

The interview was somewhat stiff and brief; definitely corporatey feel to it. Remote dialed in participants didn't participate, just listened, which was odd to me but that's probably just part of their HR protocol. Overall though, nice people, straightforward process.

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Completed the Dell online employee form
    Contacted by Talent Acquisition team and reviewed resume; high level summary of role and I agreed it was a fit.
    Phone screened with 2 current Technical Account Managers. Asked technical questions regarding my experience with:
    - Storage - Isci and FC and the benefits of each
    - Server - Models I've worked with, current Dell servers or IBM/HP that I've wok
    - Networking knowledge - light stuff like ICMP, SNMP, IP
    - Presentation skills
    - Leadership roles
    - Sales ability

Lasts about 30 minutes. Pass and you're recommended to TAM Manager interview.

I was light in my presentation and went blank on server models I've worked with. Know the job description and apply your background to it and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't very difficult, I just drew a blank when they asked me about my past server experience. It's not a hands-on role so I was not prepared. I did not know the model of servers I worked with because there were so many and I didn't think it would matter. Also, my past experience had no public speaking involvement. I never presented to C levels, only other technical people.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

long process and very unorganized. they just have random managers complete the process who have no business conducting an interview. Once you do have an interview, you then have to hope that they don't loose your info in a folder. They never know when they are even able to hire because of their "head count" Changes day to day

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell.

Met with two recruiters in calm setting. Asked questions about my resume and how they were similar to the job requirements. Come prepared with questions to ask, and since it's a sales job try to pitch a product.