Dell Interview Questions in Ireland

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Inside Sales Representative II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

The interview consisted of an assessment day. This was a 30 minute interview, 2 role plays (one sales, one customer care) Group Assessment ( Plane has crashed, prioritize items) It was half a day in all, I was then asked back for a second interview two days later and offered the job the following week.

Interview Questions

• They pushed me on what I would do if i was not going to hit target... and if that didnt work? and if that didnt work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate and regret it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email from a guy from Dell to set up a phone call. After the initial phone call he set up a call with the project manager from the US. I've got an email with the argument of the call, mainly background and motivational, insted it was full of very technical and specific questions.
    I received no feedback after this call, just an email for 2 more calls, this time tecnical (they wrote), they already sent me the dates, without asking if I were free. very roude. The first call was with a guy with a very strong indian accent and It was very difficoult to understand, at the second call, nobody showed up and I listened the waiting music for half an hour.
    In the mean time, another recruiter from Dell, send me an email for scheduling a call for the same position, very organized company.
    They rescedule the last call, blaming a problem with the phone, but I think they simple do not care of the people.

At the end of the process (2 week later the last call), I receive a call telling me they decided not to proced in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion about multicast delegate?   1 Answer

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

First round interview - friendly and nothing too technical
    Second round - same but tougher questions

Interview Questions

• When you gone above and beyond for a team. Simple question but mind went blank   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dell in April 2014.

Interview

Very quick. Was contacted by phone, some simple questions to answer on phone. A one to one interview was arranged. All very normal and business like. Nothing out of the ordinary to report.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Interview

Very clear, thorough and respectful process. Telephone interview with HR, Two interviews with teams of leaders,and follow-up HR Interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2013.

Interview

smooth and rather easy, but you never think it is too easy. They are looking for smart people to change the peace. I definitely enjoyed the interview process. Quick process overall and without any big surprise

Interview Questions

Negotiation

smooth and very well handled

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2013.

Interview

I've found a job ad on openstack.org/jobs, I've contacted HR, and offered my services. I had a first introduction call with HR, and then we organized an interview with a manager. There been a lot of questions regarding my background. Next interview involved team leader and some developer from US. There been quite a hardcore test regarding python programming language. Later I've been sent an offer to join a company, they even give a bonus payment. I had to relocate my self from Lithuania to Dublin.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I've tried to put a salary for senior developers which according by glassdoor would be around 80-100k. They just strictly said, they can't go above 65k.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

HR will contact will through mail/phone, then there will be 2 interview rounds.
    Salary will be good, you need to negotiate.

Negotiation

At HR round.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell (Cork (Ireland)) in January 2013.

Interview

This took two interviews and a screening process that asked more questions than when applying for a Visa. The people who interviews me were in the process of leaving anyways. The typical sales questions, why do you like sales, where do you see yourself in a few weeks. Etc etc

Negotiation

70k OTE

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online to careers page on dell.com, was contacted by hiring team , had interview via phone with hiring manager and his superior. Then got an offer

Interview Questions

• Describe the mistake from which you have learnt the most, and what did you learn   Answer Question

Had another offer from another company I wanted to join.