Dell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in October 2013.

Interview Details – smooth and rather easy, but you never think it is too easy. They are looking for smart people to change the peace. I definitely enjoyed the interview process. Quick process overall and without any big surprise

Interview Question – be creative and think ahead   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – smooth and very well handled

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Cork (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in January 2013.

Interview Details – This took two interviews and a screening process that asked more questions than when applying for a Visa. The people who interviews me were in the process of leaving anyways. The typical sales questions, why do you like sales, where do you see yourself in a few weeks. Etc etc

Negotiation Details – 70k OTE

Finance Graduate Interview

Finance Graduate
Cork (Ireland)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – First round interview - friendly and nothing too technical
Second round - same but tougher questions

Interview Question – When you gone above and beyond for a team. Simple question but mind went blank   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dell in February 2010.

Interview Details – Internal Interview, promotion within, proven track record, ability to do the job before started

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in September 2013.

Interview Details – I've found a job ad on openstack.org/jobs, I've contacted HR, and offered my services. I had a first introduction call with HR, and then we organized an interview with a manager. There been a lot of questions regarding my background. Next interview involved team leader and some developer from US. There been quite a hardcore test regarding python programming language. Later I've been sent an offer to join a company, they even give a bonus payment. I had to relocate my self from Lithuania to Dublin.

Interview Question – How do you do multi-threading in Python?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I've tried to put a salary for senior developers which according by glassdoor would be around 80-100k. They just strictly said, they can't go above 65k.

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – Very clear, thorough and respectful process. Telephone interview with HR, Two interviews with teams of leaders,and follow-up HR Interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Senior Support Analyst Interview

Senior Support Analyst
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was recommended by an employee. I had one phone interview that took approximately one hour. It wasn't difficult. The following day I received a phone call and I was informed that I was successful and also I was informed what salary I was offered. I accepted the offer.The hiring process took approximately two weeks.

Interview Question – What are your weak points?
What risk did you take in your previous jobs?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. I was offered a salary and accepted it.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in March 2010.

Interview Details – Went through a recruiter and went straight to a face to face interview with Dell. I was interviewed by two managers. The interview was a half hour which part of it I had to do a role play. Fairly straight forward interview and I was told I had the job the next day. i recieved my contract a week later.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as I was happy with the salary they offered

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Senior Data Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – HR will contact will through mail/phone, then there will be 2 interview rounds.
Salary will be good, you need to negotiate.

Negotiation Details – At HR round.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dell in September 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with HR/Manager/Senior Manager all very well done and up front from the start.

Interview Question – at 50 years of ages the question from the young HR girl? where do you see yourself in 20 years???   View Answer

Negotiation Details – direct as always HR try to drive down the initial offer that was discussed with the manager. however keep a note of the discussions that you have with the internal managers

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell Videos

Dell – Why Work for Us?

With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell interview questions and advice in Ireland. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.