Dell

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell.

Oct - Dec so about 2-3 months process. Long periods of silence. Interview was pretty standard questions. More of a chance for me to interview the company. My situation was different since I was a targeted candidate being recruited.

None needed, offer was very reasonable. Mgmt supported my personal trip 3 months after I started.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in July 2013.

5 interviews total from would-be peers, hiring mgr Exec Director, VP and HR lead. Took 4 weeks total and that was a fast-track. Very conversational and focused on what I had done in past more than hypotheticals. Very rigorous; must do your homework about role, how adjacent teams collaborate with the role and how you will succeed in that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you decided to defer action on your part and why. How did you handle that and work through the process.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in July 2010.

Internal hire... I have been with Dell since 2004...

Marketing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

Regular process, starting with talent acquisition team and then with the business heads; interview focused on competencies and experience; no personal information was asked

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dell in January 2012.

I had a series of 30min phone interviews. All interviewers were extremely professional, well prepared and switched on. Previous to Dell i had worked at a company where everything took at least an hour. Hence i was quite surprised to see how efficient one can be if all meetings and even interviews are done in 30mins. The interview method was pretty much following the behavioral interview style. In total I had four interviews of which one was face to face the others were over the phone.

I was able to negotiate the annunal salary - My general advice to anyone would be to not accept the first offer. Once you get offered a job by a company you can be assured that they really want you. Hence you have a lot of negotiation power, ... use it.