Dell

Dell Marketing Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Dell in February 2011.

The process was a bit long and taxing. The person who initially interviewed me was a little like someone I knew before who seemed fickle and not meant to be in a position of managing people.

I interviewed on the phone. The person appeared to be star-struck. The interviewer immediately wanted me to go to the site and interview in person. So I made arrangements and made the interview happen.

After a week, the interview was to be had. I conducted it with 3 people, whom were to be met in person. The first was more of a bitter-sweet interview where the interviewer was complaining about the company and how it did not allow for their growth. The second interview was over the phone and appeared to be more of a tell me about yourself interview. Mind you, this second interview was to be in person but just did not happen. The third interview was with the hiring manager who was gaga over all the experience I had. It was interesting because I was told at the end of the interview that this interviewer thought I was too perfect until that person met me. (what ever that meant) The third interviewer was determined to get a copy of all my materials including some of my own IP where I told them initially no. It came to a point where this interviewer was taking me to show me their overall strategic plan and even handed me a copy of something confidential, which I immediately shredded when I got home -- you just dont do that to potential candidates especially in an interview. Interviewers create a moral and ethical dilemma when they do this and as a direct result, put the candidate in a really bad position.

Things just seemed to be too fishy. The hiring manager reminded me of a person I once worked with whom liked to drop problems in someone's lap and live in the limelight. Right out of the gate, the hiring manager was determined to get a confidential IP document I had presented as an example and not as a give away.

After 3 weeks, I received an email stating that their was a better candidate after receiving an email a week before stating that they were heavily considering me and I should consider them as a company too. What a waste of time. If there's anything I can tell you to better assist you, then here it is: When a company is asking you to consider them make sure they are not posting the job in the same place after they state they are no longer taking applications for a role. Its really demoralizing to candidates really.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in May 2010.

I obtained an interview through an employee referral. They seemed very disorganized. I interviewed with four people and I had to remind each one why I was there and what I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you had to influence others.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a conflict at work and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in January 2012.

It was supposed to be a 30min interview, but only ended up being around 20min. The interviewer asked about basic marketing concepts and where I thought the most growth would be and why. Pretty straightforward marketing interview. However, never got a response from the interviewer, which I thought was odd because the interviewer was incredibly friendly.