Dell Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2015

3.2

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in April 2014.

Interview

I had two separate interviews with Directors. They were both extremely knowledgeable and direct, but they made me feel comfortable. Questions ranged from simple work style/ethic, to more complicated scenarios about solving marketing issues. I was asked to list all the different marketing programs and applications I had experience with.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I felt I could thrive in an environment that offered little to no guidance on how the job was to be performed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am a contractor, so my agency did the negotiating for me.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

I went through 4 interviews with individuals around the globe. Make sure when answering questions you speak slowly and clearly as English may be their second language and you want to ensure they fully understand your responses.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult, just don't be afraid to say when you don't know something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Interview involved talking to several people from different departments to assess your communication and skill level. Most interviewers had a series of questions on a sheet that they asked you.

Interview Questions

• The only hard question was a question about SEM because it wasn't my specialty, but it basically asked what I would if X situation happened.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

several phone screens before the hiring req was actually opened. took so long that i told them i wasn't interested. they called back to say they were opening a req and could i come onsite? people were nice, happy to have someone join the team and helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiated for higher RSU

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

Just the basic interview questions regarding my previous education and work experience. Interview was over the phone. There was no specific questions regarding the work position - just the basics of your background.
    It was a junior (entry level) position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging moment in my career or education?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2010.

Interview

1. HR phone screen
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager, two week lapsed, called back for
    3. 1:1 interviews with hiring manager and staff

Interview Questions

• What type of marketing tactics are used to develop channel partners.   Answer Question

Culturally not the right fit.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dell in July 2009.

Interview

Interview process was organized and lasted a few days. Candidates should be prepared to provide example scenarios for management.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in May 2009.

Interview

Very long process mainly due to some changes in management over the course of the process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation as salary brackets ar efairly fixed to level