Dell

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – I went through 4 interviews with individuals around the globe. Make sure when answering questions you speak slowly and clearly as English may be their second language and you want to ensure they fully understand your responses.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult, just don't be afraid to say when you don't know something.   Answer Question

Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Interview involved talking to several people from different departments to assess your communication and skill level. Most interviewers had a series of questions on a sheet that they asked you.

Interview Question – The only hard question was a question about SEM because it wasn't my specialty, but it basically asked what I would if X situation happened.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2008.

Interview Details – several phone screens before the hiring req was actually opened. took so long that i told them i wasn't interested. they called back to say they were opening a req and could i come onsite? people were nice, happy to have someone join the team and helpful.

Interview Question – business case development for new product planning   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated for higher RSU

Marketing Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was organized and lasted a few days. Candidates should be prepared to provide example scenarios for management.

Interview Question – Why do you want to come to Dell?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in September 2010.

Interview Details – 1. HR phone screen
2. Phone interview with hiring manager, two week lapsed, called back for
3. 1:1 interviews with hiring manager and staff

Interview Question – What type of marketing tactics are used to develop channel partners.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Culturally not the right fit.

Marketing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in May 2009.

Interview Details – Very long process mainly due to some changes in management over the course of the process

Interview Question – experience relevant to the job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation as salary brackets ar efairly fixed to level

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!