Dell

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Specialist Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly fundamental and effective as long as the applicant listens closely to the questions and follows the instructions. The key is to answer questions using real past experience. They are not trick questions, they are simply set up so the applicant can share historical facts instead of tomorrow's theory.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you had multiple high priority deadlines approaching and you realized you could not make them all nor make everyone happy. What did you do? How did it turn out?"   Answer Question

Help Desk I Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – I got interviewed by 2 people. They meet you in special meeting rooms in the lobby because of how secured the place is, that way you also don't get to see the sad faces in cubicleland that will soon be your neighbors.

Interview Question – Not too difficult of an interview. Just tell them you love saying the same 3 minute speech 150 times a day and they'll probably hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate for this position. They have a standard wage dictated by a government contract.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Varies greatly by manager. Some managers will want to do a mock customer meeting. Some will simply be similar to most companies about you and your past and how it fits the current role. Most interviews are one interview/meeting only when you are an external candidate. Internal interviews can go several rounds depending on the role.

Interview Question – How do you deal with ambiguity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Dell will negotiate depending on experience / previous pay at similar company. Always ask for more money from Dell. They will pay for about 50% of the time.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Continual Service Improvement Manager Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interviews are hard. All of the interview questions are situational questions (Tell me about a time when). I recommend having 6 or 7 different examples of situations where you demonstrated ability to prioritize your work, engage others, innovate, adapt, drive strategy, etc. Example of question: Tell me about a time when you were assigned numerous priorities by multiple leaders, who all stressed the importance of their own projects. How did you prioritize your assignments? What steps did you take to inform the leaders of their individual project updates?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had negative input from your stakeholders as a result of a decision you made. How did you manage this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate. I feel the offer was very fair so I accepted.

Inside Sales Representative II Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in August 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume via an employee friend. Filled out application online. Was called that week. Had 1 phone interview with hiring manager. Had a 2nd phone interview the next day with 6 people (they were all in the same room).

Interview Question – Std behavioral questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was not negotiable. Offer base was low compared to industry, but higher than my peers in my training class. Commission was draw-draw-settle, which I have always disliked.

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales II Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty simple process. Mostly standard interview questions. No curve balls. Started with a phone interview which lead to a 1-1 interview. At the time they seemed to hire quite a few people and weed out the ones that did not preform well. Now with the company going private and the company focus shifting I imagine the interview process will be a little bit more grueling.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time that you made an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base salary, commission and SPIFFS.

Inside Product Specialist Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by HR recruiter, setting up interview. Went in for interview with a few guys. They asked 15 minutes worth of questions, then asked me to try to sell them something. A few days after the interview, the HR recruiter called me and extended the offer.

Interview Question – The "Pitch" - try to sell them something, a random object in the room. They may tell you to pick something, or they may ask for an object in particular. Or it may even be something that's not in the room, such as one of their products. Be familiar with the product line for the position you are interviewing for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. Offer was decent.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through a referral. Interview is mostly basic stuff including asking what I knew about the company in general. Two people interviewed me, one asked most of the questions while another took notes. It lasted a total of about 20 minutes. I received an email a week later stating that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – What is the current stock price?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Nashville, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – A recruiter who works for Dell calls you for the interview, but you never meet this person. You have to get signed in at security to interview, then 2-3 people interview you and run you through a mock sales presentation where you have to overcome the objection and close the deal.

Interview Question – Be prepared to pitch a product they will give you at random, and be prepared to make them say yes to whatever you are selling. they will tell you no, and you have to find a way to overcome their objection   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate, an offer letter comes in the mail and you can only accept or reject.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2013.

Interview Details – A lot of people said they had to go through a series of courses/interviews. I only had one interview and this included strengths and weaknesses. The HR people are nice but just coming out of college, I was a little nervous about the job so I am unsure on whether I get it. However, people say if you make the interview, then you are in good shape. We will see about this. I didn't negotiate or anything because I have not received information on the job. It is nice that they call you and tell you whether or not you received the job because I do not like waiting for ever for an answer.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to dealing with customers over the phone.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell interview questions and advice in Nashville, TN. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.