Dell

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

Applications Management Analyst L2 Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

After application on Dell Job board was excited that after Morgan Stanley this was supposed my second big Break Through. Recruiter Contacted me and scheduled a time for telephonic talk. After she was satisfied She setup an interview with onsite Lead Analyst. He was really good and experienced he asked me each and every details and i answered it at a point he was 99% satisfied.

Then he asked me about what i want and why Dell ? and i answered.

Then i was told that i will give my feedback to my manager and may be he or some one else from my team will take your interview if they are further interested.

My interview was on Friday and Monday was president day so i mailed her Tuesday ...asking if she have feedback for me ? Didn't received her response on 3rd day too. I guess she was not provided feedback from Nashville. I called off all other interviews with a hope of getting this job where i can do something.

All i want is they be clear . If YES then say yes if NO then say no and if she didn't got feedback then at least say that. As a professional I have also taken interview and sometimes i also waited for week and after taking interview i give feedback selecting the best person. Its totally fine and acceptable but Giving NO RESPONSE makes a negative thought of loosing hope of getting that Job.

Plus i never blame any company employees as they take interview they are doing their job and duty. If they rejects me then also i will accept it as my fault or somewhere i might be lacking . I will groom my self with required technical skills , Improve my self and then will appear for interview for some other company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have ITIL certification ?   View Answer
    • Are you ready to work on Weekends ? as we have lot weekend activities.   View Answer
    • I was asked basic unix & oracle commands.   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2014.

I was referred by an employee of Dell. I believe that is how most people are hired. I had phone interview, I believe it was mostly to see how I could communicate. After phone interview, I was immediately asked to come in for a face-to-face. I interviewed with three managers and a trainer. After that, I had to do some online training and fill out a personality test. Then do a drug test. Finally, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    They do not negotiate salary

Help Desk I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell.

I got interviewed by 2 people. They meet you in special meeting rooms in the lobby because of how secured the place is, that way you also don't get to see the sad faces in cubicleland that will soon be your neighbors.

Interview Questions
    • Not too difficult of an interview. Just tell them you love saying the same 3 minute speech 150 times a day and they'll probably hire you.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate for this position. They have a standard wage dictated by a government contract.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Varies greatly by manager. Some managers will want to do a mock customer meeting. Some will simply be similar to most companies about you and your past and how it fits the current role. Most interviews are one interview/meeting only when you are an external candidate. Internal interviews can go several rounds depending on the role.

Interview Questions
    Dell will negotiate depending on experience / previous pay at similar company. Always ask for more money from Dell. They will pay for about 50% of the time.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

A recruiter who works for Dell calls you for the interview, but you never meet this person. You have to get signed in at security to interview, then 2-3 people interview you and run you through a mock sales presentation where you have to overcome the objection and close the deal.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to pitch a product they will give you at random, and be prepared to make them say yes to whatever you are selling. they will tell you no, and you have to find a way to overcome their objection   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate, an offer letter comes in the mail and you can only accept or reject.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in May 2013.

A lot of people said they had to go through a series of courses/interviews. I only had one interview and this included strengths and weaknesses. The HR people are nice but just coming out of college, I was a little nervous about the job so I am unsure on whether I get it. However, people say if you make the interview, then you are in good shape. We will see about this. I didn't negotiate or anything because I have not received information on the job. It is nice that they call you and tell you whether or not you received the job because I do not like waiting for ever for an answer.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to dealing with customers over the phone.   Answer Question

Product Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in May 2013.

I had eight formal interviews and two informal. The technical questions were too easy. They were so easy I figured the person doing the interview didn't understand what she was asking.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to go into detail about my non-technical past. Mentoring, education, personal life, etc.   Answer Question
    I was offered a good amount and was told that was going to be a take it or leave it offer. I declined and had another offer within 24 hours that increased 15%. I took the second offer.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in April 2013.

Applied online through a referral. Interview is mostly basic stuff including asking what I knew about the company in general. Two people interviewed me, one asked most of the questions while another took notes. It lasted a total of about 20 minutes. I received an email a week later stating that I did not get the job.

Dell Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

• Role: Commercial accounts and Enterprise accounts inside sales position.
    • Format: Three to four hiring managers and an HR representative all asking questions on past sales experience; selling them on your resume and general questions that follow a tell me about a time format.
    • Preparation: Applicants are best prepared when they have some knowledge of Dell’s core business offerings and product lines. Applicants do not have to have a deep technical knowledge as much as a well-articulated Dell value proposition understanding.

Interview Questions
    Salary offer, start date offer--they have Sales Rep Level system SR1, SR2, SR3 negotiate to come in as high as you can. In rep level and pay--they have room and will entertain a counter.

Inside Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2012.

Initially contacted by HR recruiter, setting up interview. Went in for interview with a few guys. They asked 15 minutes worth of questions, then asked me to try to sell them something. A few days after the interview, the HR recruiter called me and extended the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The "Pitch" - try to sell them something, a random object in the room. They may tell you to pick something, or they may ask for an object in particular. Or it may even be something that's not in the room, such as one of their products. Be familiar with the product line for the position you are interviewing for.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. Offer was decent.