Dell

3.2

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Dev Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Dell in August 2014.

2 Interview Rounds.

1 is technical and 1 is Managerial level.

Simple and easy interview process.

Common interview question - Why should we hire you ?

Unexpected interview question is - what are the db2 error codes we get in Db2.

Software Development Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in May 2014.

Hiring Process was very good. It have been hired in a walkin process. I have been given a call from a consultancy Perot System
    But they have taken a lot of time to give an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I have been hired on AS400 profile. Unexpected question asked which include the position of Column A and Column B in COBOL 400   View Answer

Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I was contacted by the staffing member who took initial details like current designation, experience etc. At a fixed time, the interviewing manager called me and started with basic questions on past experience. Then asked me more pointed questions on project management, conflict resolutions, test management and methodologies. Later I was called for a face to face discussion with a senior manager. This round was very formal and it seemed that senior manager did not have much to ask.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make sure that user stories are in the best shape in the product backlog?   View Answer

Client Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell.

1)hr round: self introduction, previous job experience
    2)ops round: whole lot of technical questions mostly related to networking and operating system and harware /software issues.
    3)voice and accent test

Interview Questions
    • classification of channels on a router, how to restore system just by using command prompt, what is incastellation??   Answer Question
    quite pleasent...dint have to bargain as they offered me a good package according to my experience

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in December 2012.

Hiring and interview process had 2 rounds. One with the Operations Manager and the other with HR. Operations round was a basic chk on Tecnical acumen and sustainability.

Tech Analysis Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell in October 2012.

There were a total of three rounds:-
    1. Written Test
    2. Technial Interview
    3. HR Interview

The written test was of the following pattern:-
    1. Aptitude and Reasoning - 20 Questions (1 mark each)
    2. English - 15 Questions (1 mark each)
    3. C Programming - 10 Questions (1 mark each)

After the results were declared 44 candidates out of 170 were shortlisted for technical interview. The technical interview was focused on basic programming knowledge which went on for 15-20 mins per candidate.

The candidates qualifying the technical interview were sent for HR interview which was only a general talk to check the candidates communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • A situation was given to me:-
      There are 3 bulbs on three different floors. There are three switches for the corresponding bulbs on the ground floor. You can go up to check the bulbs only once. How to find out which switch corresponds to which bulb?
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell in September 2012.

First round was aptitude. 3 sections quant, verbal, programming aptitude. each section has separate cutoff. Very few ppl could clear apti round due to sectional cutoff. verbal was easy. quant and prog moderate difficulty.
    Second round was technical 2:1 interview. Took an hour. Questions picked from technologies and skills mentioned in resume. General awareness questions (eg. on god particle, father of computer etc.). Asked to write program on fibbonacci series, quick sort. Asked various questions on project undertaken and to write few lines of code of the project.
    Final HR round had typical HR questions plus few puzzles. Be confident.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in August 2012.

It was a campus recruitment drive. First round was aptitude test including questions from c/c++ , logical and analutical questions. Next was Technical Interview in which interviewer asked me about the various projects i had undertaken and what else i have done except the normal college curriculum.

CSG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in March 2012.

It was a good experience and was like a dream come true when i got selected for dell

Resolution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in May 2011.

The first round includes just a general phone call to check if you can speak the language of the process being hired for, You can give as many interviews if you do not clear the first time, feedback is given, the second round is a computer monitored round checking to see if your able to listen,understand and replicate,The Last round depending on your process is as average if in a tech process than in a care process, Office life is made worth living as it has Calling however to break that floor activities, interacting with managers and other seniors serves as a boon and the diffrent sessions with people at way higher posts to understand what they started from and how to progress as well as feedback is really considered important and people really take it seriously