Dell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Pro Support Technicianq Interview

Client Pro Support Technicianq
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in October 2011.

Interview Details – A friend told me to come to a job fair at the location. I came to the fair. I interviewed with 2-3 people. 1 at a time. They asked me some very good questions pertaining to doing the job everyday. I went on a wednesday night and had an offer by next friday.

Interview Question – There was a bunch of BBI (behavior based interview) questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, after they tell you you have been accepted for the position, they will tell you what it pays, then you have the option to accept or decline.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – They interviewed a fairly large amount of people for a "sales class" and settled on about 8. The interview was performed by 2 men, in a small room with no desk or table. It felt quite oppressive, but the interviewers were good-natured. They seemed to go down a list of the basic questions you would expect for a sales type job, asking about experience, and they had me do a "role playing" session wherein I was to sell them a product. Overall the interview was swift and brutal if you aren't already a salesperson, otherwise it wasn't too bad.

Interview Question – Was asked to sell them an electronic device about which I had almost no knowledge. I felt very stupid trying to sell this person a device with no idea of its features, why someone would want it, or any technical information   Answer Question

FDI (Fix Difficult Issues) Consumer Technical Support - Tier III Interview

FDI (Fix Difficult Issues) Consumer Technical Support - Tier III
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dell in May 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online, via email, and most correspondence was via email. When they wanted me to come in for an interview, they called me and set up the appointment.
Interview was actually the best and most seamless I had ever had. Dell must have sent in some "pros" for helping to find the right employees for this new department.
There were multiple interview offices, each neat and organized. You were met by 2 employees to be interviewed by. One seemed to ask all of the questions, the other knew what they meant and what the answers were, as well as took the notes (in other words, the geek among them). Both very well-spoken, mannered, and dressed/groomed.
The experience was flawless and I was quickly in and out and had a good idea of how the interview went.

Interview Question – Sorry, but I find this question irrelevant as none of my interview questions had anything to do with what I actually ended up doing in my position. Not a fault of the interviewers, at all, more-so on Dell's behalf too quickly jumping into a "guinea pig department" that even corporate didn't know what to expect of and was without clear concept, focus, and delivery.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received my call-back informing me of being accepted for the job, merely the next day after my interview. The "recruiter" on the phone was actually able to make some decisions on Dell's behalf, able to adjust starting pay and relocation benefits. I knew they wanted me badly, as they offered me a starting wage of $3/h higher than their "advertised" minimum, and only $1 less than advertised maximum.
I was actually able to negotiate, a bit, on my starting wages, getting them to go up $0.50/h. Could have gotten maximum, easily, had I not had to relocate over 2 hours away to be able to work for them. They covered some of my relocation expenses. Nothing so extravagant as paying for my apartment, but they did help with the actual travel and relocation expenses.

Enterprise Technical Support Senior Analyst Interview

Enterprise Technical Support Senior Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – I initially applied online and did not hear anything back until 6 months later I got a phone call to setup an interview. Their interviews typically consist of the direct manager you would be working under along with their technical team lead. They'll ask you a series of situational questions ("Give me and example of when..."), so be sure to have plenty of good examples thought of beforehand. The more specific you are about your story, the better. In your answers, they're looking for the Issue, what actions you took and your thought process for those actions along with what the resolution was. Then the team lead will ask you a series of technical questions relating to your position.

Interview Question – Why are manhole covers round?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate, I was happy with the offer.

Very Easy Interview

Server Help Desk Support Technician Interview

Server Help Desk Support Technician
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in March 2008.

Interview Details – I met with two interviewers visiting from Austin, TX. They asked detailed questions about servers, including RAID questions, which I answered easily. The interview was not difficult, as I was overqualified for the job. They didn't offer much money, but I had been out of work for 6 months and was in no position to dicker. I should have anyway, I suppose.

Interview Question – What constitutes RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I failed to negotiate a better wage, like an idiot.

Client Tech Support Specialist Interview

Client Tech Support Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2012.

Interview Details – Put in my resume after the job was recommended by one of my professors. Got a call asking for an interview. Because I was in College at the time, I did a phone interview.

After the phone interview took a week or two to get the answer

Interview Question – There was a specific troubleshooting question.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dell in January 2008.

Interview Details – The process and Dell is straightforward and slow.

Interview Question – I had no unexpected questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty straightforward

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in August 2008.

Interview Details – 2 interviews conducted. they will ask you several questions. Dell at the end is not the company that you need to work with. They will seem professional but inside you sometime feel that you have managers that don't wont you to grow also your numbers are being over achieved just becouse they favour some on on the team or becouse they want you to stay so you can keep making the manager numbers. Over all experience is very stress full working for dell, One example on how professional they are one the economy hits hard they layed out a whole floor and started firing people for redicuoles reasons.

Interview Question – give me an example when you exceed customer excpectations, or a time when you had a bad customer experience and how did you over come the outcome .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negitiate your base.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!