Dell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in March 2012.

Interview Details – After applying on a school career website, I got scheduled for an hour in-person interview with the hiring manager. It was mostly behavioral questions and questions about my resume.
After that they called me back in 2 days and scheduled a phone interview with the future mentor. It was a technical interview, and included a lot of questions about the actual supply chain subject.
I got the offer in the next 3 days.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time you had a lot on your plate and how you handled it?

Tell me about the analytical process you took when you did a project on your resume.
  Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2012.

Interview Details – I started the interview process around 4 days after applying and it was pretty straight forward. I had an interview with a recruiter then had a technical interview around 5 days later which was faily easy, around 15 questions about using servers. 3 weeks later I had another interview with a panel of 2 people for behavior analysis and I still have not heard back yet.

Interview Question – Please describe a time were you were put in a difficult situation and how did you get out of it?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for position in September. Finally heard back in November. Had the initial HR/recruiter pre-screening first. About a week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then had a panel interview with several managers face to face. This was around Thanksgiving and I never heard anything back good or bad, but assumed it could be the holidays. I reached back out to the Recruiter at the first of the year to see the status, as the job was still posted on Dell's website. She was unable to give any feedback and said that she would reach out to her manager. It is now March and I have never heard back. I do not mind not getting the position, but having invested 3+ months from application to last interview the least they could have done is sent me a simple denial email. I have never experienced anything like this when interviewing for a mid level position for a reputable company.

Interview Questions

Systems Consultant Interview

Systems Consultant
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2011.

Interview Details – Met with a local sales rep - who would be a peer - and spoke with 3-4 other people via telephone.

Interview Question – how many years have you worked in storage?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple - they offered a great compensation package

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!