Dell

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2013.

Phone screen and interview. Background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Work through everything that could prohibit one host from reaching another.   Answer Question
    Back and forth with HR

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell in December 2012.

I had a phone interview within a few hour of submitting my Resume via a friend who was already employed there. I came in the next day for a face to face interview with three employees and the Manager. I got a job offer in less than a week and it was on!

Not bad at all...

Senior Adviser Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dell in October 2012.

Recruitment guy called from Dell, discussed basic salary stuff, benefits. Then he setup the interview with technical team. After cancelling 2 times finally the technical interview happned. There were 4 technical guys on the telephone who took the Phone interview, They asked good technical questions, i could able to answer 95% correctly. Once that was over, the very next day got a call from recruitment guys that Technical round is trhough. Then he set up an one o one interview with with hiring manager within a week. once that was over, i got a call from the recruitment guys saying they would like to offer and they offered me. I tried to negotiate however didn't work out, also asked about joining bonus but didn't get that too. Then had to go thru the background check which took two weeks and finally i was able to join after 3 weeks.

no negotiation.

Software Development Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2012.

I had to do White board Questions. Several meetings with management. Phone call interview. Then I had to solve some difficult problems. Afterwards I had to meet with a group of people and answer some personality questions.

Pretty unmoving.

Network Security Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dell in August 2012.

Telephone screen only via a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were specific to my experience as detailed on the resume.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Network Engineering Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in June 2012.

I worked for Dell 5 years, It was really easy for me to return, The difficult part was the approval of my position.

Interview Questions
    • It was a easy interview, I knew the team that I will be working with and they knew me.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary and my benefits

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in April 2012.

The interview process took a couple of months. The hiring process was actually fairly efficient, once I was in the system and being considered for the job. The hiring team was thorough, had its act together and was prepared to negotiate. It wasn't the hiring process that concerned me; it was what happened after. Once I was hired, the other HR people I dealt with were rude, unhelpful and behaved as if they were doing a huge favor by simply DOING THEIR JOBS. Worst new -hire orientation experience ever, by the way. Leader was not from the business. She was disinterested and looked at her phone while showing us boring videos. Didn't have new welcome gifts for everyone; only some people. Paperwork was out of date and confusing. WORST EVER.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a $15K signing bonus and additional time off. Also a flexible work schedule (but lots of people at Dell have that)

Accounting Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

interviewed at Dell in April 2012.

I was actually contacted by a recruiter, I was called for a phone interview, then I was scheduled for a face to face interview. The interview was focus on my software experience, specifically PeopleSoft, I was asked specifically how do I drill down in PeopleSoft. I was also asked how was my excel skill. I was interviewed by two ladies, who were very nice.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Two phone calls with a Dell recruiter, and one in-person interview with the hiring manager and senior level associate. The recruiter described the position in great detail and even provided insight into current projects associated with the role. Unfortunately, what the recruiter related in terms of salary and job duties was not offered by the company or team itself. The role was drastically overstated, and what was agreed upon in terms of salary in the initial interviews between recruiter and hiring manager was not offered with no option of negotiation. Basically, the salary range initially offered was 10 to 15 percent higher than what was given. Leadership's explanation, talent is often acquired under market value during a strained economy. The is the company's mentality on the whole.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. No unexpected or technical questions were asked. Questions mainly had to due with culture and seemed scripted.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

View Answer
    There was an offer letter, and the offer was not open to negotiation.

Dell Healthcare Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in November 2011.

I applied to the Academy online and a few weeks later I recieved an invitation from the recruiter to do a telephone screening. The screening included a description of the program and questions about my background. A couple of weeks after the screening they put the start date on hold, and was told that they would update me on the status at a later date. Periodically I recieved emails from the recruiter letting me know the status of the program, and asking me if I was still interested.

Three months after I applied, I was told that they were going ahead with the in-person interviews and they were going to fly me down and back the same day, and I had to call and set up my travel through their travel agent (which the promts were unclear). I had to submit verfications for all previous employment as well as references through an online process. I eventually got down there and they had a car pick me up from the airport. Once I arrived on campus, I was given a tour while the other candidates completed their interviews. Since my interview was at the end of the day, they combined the interviewers for one panel interview. They asked me the following questions: Describe your experiences/ Tell us about yourself. What are you passionate about? What would be your perfect job? If you were a shoe, what kind of shoe would you be? Does that shoe describe your personality? Why did you choose your current job, which you are overqualified for?

All of the people I talked to and interacted with before the actual interview was nice, and friendly. But once the interview actually started, it wasn't good. One of my interviewers was really rude and pulled out his phone and texted the entire time. I know that is to show disinterest, but I couldn't get over that. About a month later, I recieved a phone call from the recruiter letting my know that I hadn't recieved an offer and why.

The reason I said the interview was difficult is because I didn't know what position I was interviewing for, since the participants in the academy are to fill several different positions. It was just a general interview about me. And I said my interview experience was negative because of the length of time between my initial application and my rejection. Also because of the rude interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experiences/ Tell us about yourself. What would be your perfect job?   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • If you were a shoe, what kind of shoe would you be? Does that shoe describe your personality?   Answer Question
    • You are overqualified for your current job because of your education and achievements, why are you employed there?   View Answer