Dell Interview Questions in Plano, TX

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.9

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone screen and interview. Background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Work through everything that could prohibit one host from reaching another.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Back and forth with HR

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter, then phone interview with the team leader. We walked through the job description and organization. Then the recruiter passed along my info to the team lead who then took me through the team org and more detailed job description. Once that was complete, the interview questions began.

Interview Questions

• How my background aligned with the job description.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Why did I want to return to Dell?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview within a few hour of submitting my Resume via a friend who was already employed there. I came in the next day for a face to face interview with three employees and the Manager. I got a job offer in less than a week and it was on!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not bad at all...

Senior Adviser Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Recruitment guy called from Dell, discussed basic salary stuff, benefits. Then he setup the interview with technical team. After cancelling 2 times finally the technical interview happned. There were 4 technical guys on the telephone who took the Phone interview, They asked good technical questions, i could able to answer 95% correctly. Once that was over, the very next day got a call from recruitment guys that Technical round is trhough. Then he set up an one o one interview with with hiring manager within a week. once that was over, i got a call from the recruitment guys saying they would like to offer and they offered me. I tried to negotiate however didn't work out, also asked about joining bonus but didn't get that too. Then had to go thru the background check which took two weeks and finally i was able to join after 3 weeks.

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Software Development Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I had to do White board Questions. Several meetings with management. Phone call interview. Then I had to solve some difficult problems. Afterwards I had to meet with a group of people and answer some personality questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty unmoving.

Network Security Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Telephone screen only via a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Questions were specific to my experience as detailed on the resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Network Engineering Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I worked for Dell 5 years, It was really easy for me to return, The difficult part was the approval of my position.

Interview Questions

• It was a easy interview, I knew the team that I will be working with and they knew me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary and my benefits

Accounting Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I was actually contacted by a recruiter, I was called for a phone interview, then I was scheduled for a face to face interview. The interview was focus on my software experience, specifically PeopleSoft, I was asked specifically how do I drill down in PeopleSoft. I was also asked how was my excel skill. I was interviewed by two ladies, who were very nice.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process took a couple of months. The hiring process was actually fairly efficient, once I was in the system and being considered for the job. The hiring team was thorough, had its act together and was prepared to negotiate. It wasn't the hiring process that concerned me; it was what happened after. Once I was hired, the other HR people I dealt with were rude, unhelpful and behaved as if they were doing a huge favor by simply DOING THEIR JOBS. Worst new -hire orientation experience ever, by the way. Leader was not from the business. She was disinterested and looked at her phone while showing us boring videos. Didn't have new welcome gifts for everyone; only some people. Paperwork was out of date and confusing. WORST EVER.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a $15K signing bonus and additional time off. Also a flexible work schedule (but lots of people at Dell have that)

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Two phone calls with a Dell recruiter, and one in-person interview with the hiring manager and senior level associate. The recruiter described the position in great detail and even provided insight into current projects associated with the role. Unfortunately, what the recruiter related in terms of salary and job duties was not offered by the company or team itself. The role was drastically overstated, and what was agreed upon in terms of salary in the initial interviews between recruiter and hiring manager was not offered with no option of negotiation. Basically, the salary range initially offered was 10 to 15 percent higher than what was given. Leadership's explanation, talent is often acquired under market value during a strained economy. The is the company's mentality on the whole.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. No unexpected or technical questions were asked. Questions mainly had to due with culture and seemed scripted. Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was an offer letter, and the offer was not open to negotiation.