Dell

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Dell in May 2014.

First round interviews was a panel of 3. Was not intense but validating whats on your resume and experience to do the job. My recommendation would be to be confident and don't lie on your resume because they will expose you. Be prepared for the panel type interview.

Interview Questions
  • What are things that are deal breakers in the role for you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2012.

The interview process was quick and very professional. You will hear back pretty quickly after the panel interview regarding the offer. I advice you be very prepared for the interviews. They are in depth regarding your knowledge of product marketing, processes, cross functional teams, engineering (agile vs waterfall), and technologies. If you know your field and have the appropriate experience, you should be fine, but brush up on your product management/marketing training.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were doing go to market planning and you had to quickly make a change. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question
    Dell has an aggressive salary proposal out of the gate. I was honest about the current positions I was interviewing for and their salary range, which I believe helped me to receive the appropriate salary on the first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2012.

Had a phone pre-screen with a very polished internal talent acquisition person, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager (most notable question - "Why do you think you're suited for this position?") within the same week.

Dell flew me out to Austin for interviews. I met with three in person and had phone interviews with an exec. director and another consultant over a period of 3 hrs.:

- very technical, in-depth (protocol level) questions
    - product marketing techniques

They were very professional, but in the end - there was a company-wide hiring freeze (for most positions).

Interview Questions
    • (The position was for the group responsible for Dell's vStart CI stack). "Why do you want to hitch your success to the Converged Infrastructure strategy?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in August 2009.

Very structured and professional. They were friendly and very intelligent. They ask good questions around my previous employers including why I left each. They also wanted to know why I wanted to work for Dell. During my day I met with five people for an hour each. The ranged in disciplines. I was prepared to discuss engineering, process, and marketing. I recommend the same for anyone else.

Interview Questions
    • How do you approach project management.   View Answer

Other offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in December 2008.

The first contact was a phone screen by an internal recuriter. After passing the phone screen, I was scheduled for a series of interviews that lasted 4 hours. Dell parades in one manager after another for about 3 -4 hours. You are completely exhausted by the end of the day.

The company uses behavior questions i.e. desribe a time when you worked with a dificult co-worker and how you resolved the issue. There is no faking the answers, so, go in prepared with lots of examples of your prior work - especially the challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked with a difficult customer and how you resolved the issue?   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you solved a difficult business problem. What was the problem and how did you fix it?   View Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in July 2011.

? Negotiation needs as much preparation as the job interview in itself.
    ? Negotiation scorecard/Planning document is essential to think on the fly during talks with HR
    ? Always get the Offer in writing even if the HR verbally assures the job.
    ? Avoid talking about numbers early On and talk more about the job and the responsibilities
    ? Building a rapport with the Hiring Manager and the HR helps in the negotiation process
    ? There needs to be a checkpoint when the negotiation needs to stop lest it being considered aggressive
    ? Understanding the exact job position considered during interview and finally offered is critical
    ? Unless asked, HR won’t offer perks such as relocation, Sign-on bonus
    ? Base salary decides what level one would end up after 4 or 5 years. It needs to be negotiated clearly.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dell in April 2010.

Hiring process is spread across different rounds of interviews that are conducted by the Group that you will be joining in followed by HR and then the final round will be a Video conferencing round if you are a outstation candidate.

In my case there were a total of 7 rounds of interview followed by a video conferencing round. Stick to your basics and your previous company's experiene and it is easy to get through.

Marketing Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in October 2009.

Good communication and process, interviews with many different team members