Dell Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at Dell (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

First round interviews was a panel of 3. Was not intense but validating whats on your resume and experience to do the job. My recommendation would be to be confident and don't lie on your resume because they will expose you. Be prepared for the panel type interview.

Interview Questions

• What are things that are deal breakers in the role for you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quick and very professional. You will hear back pretty quickly after the panel interview regarding the offer. I advice you be very prepared for the interviews. They are in depth regarding your knowledge of product marketing, processes, cross functional teams, engineering (agile vs waterfall), and technologies. If you know your field and have the appropriate experience, you should be fine, but brush up on your product management/marketing training.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were doing go to market planning and you had to quickly make a change. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Dell has an aggressive salary proposal out of the gate. I was honest about the current positions I was interviewing for and their salary range, which I believe helped me to receive the appropriate salary on the first offer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Had a phone pre-screen with a very polished internal talent acquisition person, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager (most notable question - "Why do you think you're suited for this position?") within the same week. Dell flew me out to Austin for interviews. I met with three in person and had phone interviews with an exec. director and another consultant over a period of 3 hrs.: - very technical, in-depth (protocol level) questions - product marketing techniques They were very professional, but in the end - there was a company-wide hiring freeze (for most positions).

Interview Questions

• (The position was for the group responsible for Dell's vStart CI stack). "Why do you want to hitch your success to the Converged Infrastructure strategy?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell (Nashua, NH) in September 2011.

Interview

interview process was well organized and well defined. I had a phone and then 3 face to face interviews. The first step was applying on line, then a phone interview with HR, then phone interview with senior manager and finally a group interview with the team.

Interview Questions

• What value I could bring to the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

Very structured and professional. They were friendly and very intelligent. They ask good questions around my previous employers including why I left each. They also wanted to know why I wanted to work for Dell. During my day I met with five people for an hour each. The ranged in disciplines. I was prepared to discuss engineering, process, and marketing. I recommend the same for anyone else.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach project management.   1 Answer

Other offer.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

The first contact was a phone screen by an internal recuriter. After passing the phone screen, I was scheduled for a series of interviews that lasted 4 hours. Dell parades in one manager after another for about 3 -4 hours. You are completely exhausted by the end of the day. The company uses behavior questions i.e. desribe a time when you worked with a dificult co-worker and how you resolved the issue. There is no faking the answers, so, go in prepared with lots of examples of your prior work - especially the challenges.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with a difficult customer and how you resolved the issue?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you solved a difficult business problem. What was the problem and how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in July 2011.

Interview

? Negotiation needs as much preparation as the job interview in itself. ? Negotiation scorecard/Planning document is essential to think on the fly during talks with HR ? Always get the Offer in writing even if the HR verbally assures the job. ? Avoid talking about numbers early On and talk more about the job and the responsibilities ? Building a rapport with the Hiring Manager and the HR helps in the negotiation process ? There needs to be a checkpoint when the negotiation needs to stop lest it being considered aggressive ? Understanding the exact job position considered during interview and finally offered is critical ? Unless asked, HR won’t offer perks such as relocation, Sign-on bonus ? Base salary decides what level one would end up after 4 or 5 years. It needs to be negotiated clearly.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dell in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is spread across different rounds of interviews that are conducted by the Group that you will be joining in followed by HR and then the final round will be a Video conferencing round if you are a outstation candidate. In my case there were a total of 7 rounds of interview followed by a video conferencing round. Stick to your basics and your previous company's experiene and it is easy to get through.

Marketing Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in October 2009.

Interview

Good communication and process, interviews with many different team members