Dell

Updated May 14, 2014

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell.

My resume was referred by an employee within the company. I was contacted by the recruiter a week later, who scheduled an interview with three people on the team, including the hiring manager. All initial communications were made via e-mail.

Interview Questions
  • Give us a situation where you deal with ambiguity and what was the outcome. "Dealing with ambiguity" is a staple at Dell.   Answer Question
I tried to negotiate a higher salary over the phone, but the recruiter basically told me that was as high as they were willing to go.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Apply through Dell.com
    Both people skills and technical skills test
    Relationship oriented culture

Interview Questions
    • Conceptual questions e.g. what/if market continue to decline, how do you keep growing   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

After applying for multiple positions at Dell and feeling like my resume was going into a black hole, I was finally contacted and from there things moved very quickly from interview to hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was casual and good; the HR vetting process was more of a nuisance, though; they require a LOT of paperwork, verification of tax returns, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2011.

Usually consists of 3 face to face interviews after an initial phone screening. Typically each interviewer has a different theme. Problem solving, technical knowledge, difficult roles in the past.

Interview Questions
    Your current salary is the greatest indicator of your salary in the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

A preliminary phone interview with Staff Management to review your qualifications, if you pass that, move to a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Questions are direct but fair and you are giving opportunity to expound on your answers, minimal time to ask questions of your own. Very difficult to decipher the hiring process, but it is a coveted company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation that occurred on your last job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2010.

Very organized and communicated with me well. They seem to have a need to make interviews 30 minutes each which I find strange but efficient. Not a problem for me but hard for the hiring managers.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

The first round was a Telephonic round with Functional Manager in US which was more about past profile and what I would bring to table.
    It was then followed by an F2F with the Hiring Manager, which was more behavioural and expectations related.
    The final one was with HRG.
    It was a pleasant experience and quick!

No, It wasnt open for negotiation

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

30 mins phone interview to screen your experiences and resume details.
    follow by an onsite 20 mins presentation about yourself and what you can contribute to the company, another half hour Q&A of behavioral interview questions, like "give me an example how you deal with ambiguity?" They also spent some time to discuss with you to dig into details about your job details and achievements in your presentation. You need to be well prepared and recall details about all items you put in the presentation slides.

Interview Questions
    • Don't you think you are over qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2012.

Interview Process is slow and need to chase to get a status/feedback

Interview Questions
    • What if you have to report to a Manager with less experience   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

3 rounds of interview..manager, HR and then some senior management team

Interview Questions

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!