Dell

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – My resume was referred by an employee within the company. I was contacted by the recruiter a week later, who scheduled an interview with three people on the team, including the hiring manager. All initial communications were made via e-mail.

Interview Question – Give us a situation where you deal with ambiguity and what was the outcome. "Dealing with ambiguity" is a staple at Dell.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate a higher salary over the phone, but the recruiter basically told me that was as high as they were willing to go.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Interview Details – Apply through Dell.com
Both people skills and technical skills test
Relationship oriented culture

Interview Question – Conceptual questions e.g. what/if market continue to decline, how do you keep growing   View Answer

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – After applying for multiple positions at Dell and feeling like my resume was going into a black hole, I was finally contacted and from there things moved very quickly from interview to hiring.

Interview Question – The interview was casual and good; the HR vetting process was more of a nuisance, though; they require a LOT of paperwork, verification of tax returns, etc.   Answer Question

Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2011.

Interview Details – Usually consists of 3 face to face interviews after an initial phone screening. Typically each interviewer has a different theme. Problem solving, technical knowledge, difficult roles in the past.

Interview Question – Usual questions, no surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Your current salary is the greatest indicator of your salary in the door.

Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Interview Details – A preliminary phone interview with Staff Management to review your qualifications, if you pass that, move to a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Questions are direct but fair and you are giving opportunity to expound on your answers, minimal time to ask questions of your own. Very difficult to decipher the hiring process, but it is a coveted company to work for.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation that occurred on your last job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very organized and communicated with me well. They seem to have a need to make interviews 30 minutes each which I find strange but efficient. Not a problem for me but hard for the hiring managers.

Interview Question – Give me an example of...   Answer Question

Program Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – 30 mins phone interview to screen your experiences and resume details.
follow by an onsite 20 mins presentation about yourself and what you can contribute to the company, another half hour Q&A of behavioral interview questions, like "give me an example how you deal with ambiguity?" They also spent some time to discuss with you to dig into details about your job details and achievements in your presentation. You need to be well prepared and recall details about all items you put in the presentation slides.

Interview Question – Don't you think you are over qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interview Process is slow and need to chase to get a status/feedback

Interview Question – What if you have to report to a Manager with less experience   Answer Question

Program Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview..manager, HR and then some senior management team

Interview Question – Nothing as such techincal   Answer Question

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – a. 3 rounds of interview
 - 1st technical from USA
 - 2nd managerial from USA
 - 3rd HR round over video conference

Interview Question – All were okay   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell Program Manager interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.