Dell Program Manager Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

My resume was referred by an employee within the company. I was contacted by the recruiter a week later, who scheduled an interview with three people on the team, including the hiring manager. All initial communications were made via e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Give us a situation where you deal with ambiguity and what was the outcome. "Dealing with ambiguity" is a staple at Dell.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate a higher salary over the phone, but the recruiter basically told me that was as high as they were willing to go.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

After applying for multiple positions at Dell and feeling like my resume was going into a black hole, I was finally contacted and from there things moved very quickly from interview to hiring.

Interview Questions

• The interview was casual and good; the HR vetting process was more of a nuisance, though; they require a LOT of paperwork, verification of tax returns, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

A preliminary phone interview with Staff Management to review your qualifications, if you pass that, move to a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Questions are direct but fair and you are giving opportunity to expound on your answers, minimal time to ask questions of your own. Very difficult to decipher the hiring process, but it is a coveted company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that occurred on your last job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Usually consists of 3 face to face interviews after an initial phone screening. Typically each interviewer has a different theme. Problem solving, technical knowledge, difficult roles in the past.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Your current salary is the greatest indicator of your salary in the door.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Very organized and communicated with me well. They seem to have a need to make interviews 30 minutes each which I find strange but efficient. Not a problem for me but hard for the hiring managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Apply through Dell.com Both people skills and technical skills test Relationship oriented culture

Interview Questions

• Conceptual questions e.g. what/if market continue to decline, how do you keep growing   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

The first round was a Telephonic round with Functional Manager in US which was more about past profile and what I would bring to table. It was then followed by an F2F with the Hiring Manager, which was more behavioural and expectations related. The final one was with HRG. It was a pleasant experience and quick!

Negotiation

No, It wasnt open for negotiation

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

30 mins phone interview to screen your experiences and resume details. follow by an onsite 20 mins presentation about yourself and what you can contribute to the company, another half hour Q&A of behavioral interview questions, like "give me an example how you deal with ambiguity?" They also spent some time to discuss with you to dig into details about your job details and achievements in your presentation. You need to be well prepared and recall details about all items you put in the presentation slides.

Interview Questions

• Don't you think you are over qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

3 rounds of interview..manager, HR and then some senior management team

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

a. 3 rounds of interview - 1st technical from USA - 2nd managerial from USA - 3rd HR round over video conference

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation