Dell

Updated May 14, 2014

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Program Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dell in June 2009.

Interview Details – 2 Case Studies not related to work provided.

Interview Question – Given a scenario on personal life and home and how you negotiate in such a scenario   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dell in February 2009.

Interview Details – It took about 3 months to get an interview sorted because the hiring manager kept changing the date.

Interview Question – how do you deal with leadership when you want to push your own agenda...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes, i was able to negotiate because i was taking a risk leaving a very secure job to go to a company that had let 1000 staff go in limerick the year before...they understood this.

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – My resume was referred by an employee within the company. I was contacted by the recruiter a week later, who scheduled an interview with three people on the team, including the hiring manager. All initial communications were made via e-mail.

Interview Question – Give us a situation where you deal with ambiguity and what was the outcome. "Dealing with ambiguity" is a staple at Dell.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate a higher salary over the phone, but the recruiter basically told me that was as high as they were willing to go.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Interview Details – Apply through Dell.com
Both people skills and technical skills test
Relationship oriented culture

Interview Question – Conceptual questions e.g. what/if market continue to decline, how do you keep growing   View Answer

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – a. 3 rounds of interview
 - 1st technical from USA
 - 2nd managerial from USA
 - 3rd HR round over video conference

Interview Question – All were okay   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Interview Details – A preliminary phone interview with Staff Management to review your qualifications, if you pass that, move to a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Questions are direct but fair and you are giving opportunity to expound on your answers, minimal time to ask questions of your own. Very difficult to decipher the hiring process, but it is a coveted company to work for.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation that occurred on your last job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very organized and communicated with me well. They seem to have a need to make interviews 30 minutes each which I find strange but efficient. Not a problem for me but hard for the hiring managers.

Interview Question – Give me an example of...   Answer Question

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2008.

Interview Details – My frined help to do employee referral (directly to hiring manager), and them HR gave me one phone interview to ask some screen questions, and then hiring manager 1on1 interview for details, i.e my working experience, my skills. The next is one Dell people(same position with the opening) ask the technical question mostly. At last ,HR phoned me again to tell me the position pay.

Interview Question – How did you deal with the urgent stop ship issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation item. Dell located PM position to B3/C1 level, the pay were always fixed.

Program Manager

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in March 2011.

Interview Details – After a chatting w/ the initial recruiter I was then contacted by a Dell HR person who asked a series of high-level questions. Then the hiring manager contacted me followed by an IV w/ his manager. These were all done via phone. Then five in-person IVs in Round Rock.

Interview Question – Tell me about a program you managed in which the wheels fell off?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes. Explored clever ways to boost the net, but the base was the only area negotiable. Be confident and understand your market value.

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interview Process is slow and need to chase to get a status/feedback

Interview Question – What if you have to report to a Manager with less experience   Answer Question

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!