Dell

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dell in June 2009.

2 Case Studies not related to work provided.

Interview Questions
  • Given a scenario on personal life and home and how you negotiate in such a scenario   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in February 2009.

It took about 3 months to get an interview sorted because the hiring manager kept changing the date.

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with leadership when you want to push your own agenda...   Answer Question
    yes, i was able to negotiate because i was taking a risk leaving a very secure job to go to a company that had let 1000 staff go in limerick the year before...they understood this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell.

My resume was referred by an employee within the company. I was contacted by the recruiter a week later, who scheduled an interview with three people on the team, including the hiring manager. All initial communications were made via e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a situation where you deal with ambiguity and what was the outcome. "Dealing with ambiguity" is a staple at Dell.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate a higher salary over the phone, but the recruiter basically told me that was as high as they were willing to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Apply through Dell.com
    Both people skills and technical skills test
    Relationship oriented culture

Interview Questions
    • Conceptual questions e.g. what/if market continue to decline, how do you keep growing   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dell in December 2010.

Good process and feedback and a continuous loop back. Management involvement was good and involved. Pertinent questions and multiple interviews which gave a good understanding of the overall company

Easy but no negotiation.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

a. 3 rounds of interview
     - 1st technical from USA
     - 2nd managerial from USA
     - 3rd HR round over video conference

No room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell in February 2012.

A preliminary phone interview with Staff Management to review your qualifications, if you pass that, move to a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Questions are direct but fair and you are giving opportunity to expound on your answers, minimal time to ask questions of your own. Very difficult to decipher the hiring process, but it is a coveted company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation that occurred on your last job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in July 2010.

Very organized and communicated with me well. They seem to have a need to make interviews 30 minutes each which I find strange but efficient. Not a problem for me but hard for the hiring managers.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in January 2008.

My frined help to do employee referral (directly to hiring manager), and them HR gave me one phone interview to ask some screen questions, and then hiring manager 1on1 interview for details, i.e my working experience, my skills. The next is one Dell people(same position with the opening) ask the technical question mostly. At last ,HR phoned me again to tell me the position pay.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation item. Dell located PM position to B3/C1 level, the pay were always fixed.

Program Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in March 2011.

After a chatting w/ the initial recruiter I was then contacted by a Dell HR person who asked a series of high-level questions. Then the hiring manager contacted me followed by an IV w/ his manager. These were all done via phone. Then five in-person IVs in Round Rock.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a program you managed in which the wheels fell off?   View Answer
    Yes. Explored clever ways to boost the net, but the base was the only area negotiable. Be confident and understand your market value.