Dell

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in April 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter via linked in and was asked to do an interview with a Sr. Data Analyst. The sr analyst went on vacation and never got back to me. Eventually I emailed the recruiter who looked at the interview notes and invited me into an in-person interview with the AppAssure managers. The interview was very pleasant and the two people I interviewed were very helpful and honest.

Very low salary offer and I was told the offer was non-negotiable. $57K & 2.5% bonus.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2012.

Heavily recruited by Dell Headquarters via Linked In Profile for an inside sales manager role. They reached out via phone and I had 2 phone interviews before meeting with the District Sales Manager - who was cocky and talking about how quiclkly he made 250 K in the company and was promoted etc. Very simple and small setting in a hectic, boiler room atmosphere - Each team uses a round table of 5-7 dialers who make 250 calls per day plus. Resembled a modern day sweat shop in terms hours and number of calls per day expected - in a crowded open room atmosphere. I was in a full suit - in contrast to the college dorm like surroundings.

Interview went well, but I did not hear from them - they seemed to be super competitive with me in the interview, perhaps intimidated by my MBA

Interview Questions
    • When I divulged what I thought the meetings per week expectation would be, the answer came back doubled. This was completely unrealistic in terms of work hours in a day. 10-12 hour days regularly expected   Answer Question

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!