Dell

Dell Sales Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Engineer Interview

Referred by a job hunt. First interview by hiring manager through the phone, question focused on previous cases and customer handle skills etc. Second interview by the director through the phone too, not too much question. The whole process lasted about 2 month, finally got the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell.

Very simple. Mostly Enterprise sales questions.

Interview Questions
    No real options. take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2011.

Referred by a friend, got an initial request for phone screen the same day I filled out the app. Had two phone screens, an in person interview with peers, then a follow-up call with manager. Got the offer a day or two later and didn't actually meet my manager until the week before I started.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing terribly difficult if you know what you're doing already.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. It was way more than what I had been making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dell in May 2010.

A former coworker had recommended this opportunity to me, and based on his enthusiasm for Dell, I opted to pursue it. After submitting my resume, the hiring manager contacted me by phone and we subsequently also had a face-to-face interview. With the mutual interest that meeting resulted in, I proceeded to then meet with several other peers, managers and HR representatives to this role (approx 6 total). I learned later that there had been 30+ applicants, and that I was one of three selected for this 2nd round of interviews.

After the offer had been made and accepted, there was an additional process of background check and drug test as part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be the biggest challenge in this role?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in August 2009.

The hiring, interviewing and on-boarding process for me was excellent.

it was easy, I asked for a signing bonus and got one, $10,000.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

the whole process took 3 weeks. Had 3 interviews: hiring manager, manager-of-hiring-manager and other business unit manager. Employer moved very fast: after last inteview I received an offer. Salary negotiations went smoothly and 3 weeks later I had a new job.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult to answer (as a principle, clichee): what do you do in five years time?   Answer Question
    I was able to negitiate. It is worth the effort of negotiating: Dell is a sales organization, also to its new hires(!). Also keep in mind that at a later stage during your career it is difficult to get a raise.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Internal referral, meeting with manager, call with SE peer, HR

Interview Questions
    • Can you work with several different sales teams that don't have an interest in all products   Answer Question

Looking for more BI focused

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Aggressive, smart, and ethical straight forward candidates are appreciated in Dell. The other attributes like hardworking etc are also necessary. Interview is 3 stage, Hiring Manager, business unit head and HR.

Interview Questions
    Dell offers industry standard Salary. Exceptional candidates get the best offer