Dell Sales Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

For an engineer support role you would think it would be done by someone with some background on the tech your applying for. a good number of people are only interviewed by a manager with no work in the field your applying for.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

Referred by a job hunt. First interview by hiring manager through the phone, question focused on previous cases and customer handle skills etc. Second interview by the director through the phone too, not too much question. The whole process lasted about 2 month, finally got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very simple. Mostly Enterprise sales questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real options. take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Oshkosh, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

Referred by a friend, got an initial request for phone screen the same day I filled out the app. Had two phone screens, an in person interview with peers, then a follow-up call with manager. Got the offer a day or two later and didn't actually meet my manager until the week before I started.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terribly difficult if you know what you're doing already.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. It was way more than what I had been making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

A former coworker had recommended this opportunity to me, and based on his enthusiasm for Dell, I opted to pursue it. After submitting my resume, the hiring manager contacted me by phone and we subsequently also had a face-to-face interview. With the mutual interest that meeting resulted in, I proceeded to then meet with several other peers, managers and HR representatives to this role (approx 6 total). I learned later that there had been 30+ applicants, and that I was one of three selected for this 2nd round of interviews. After the offer had been made and accepted, there was an additional process of background check and drug test as part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the biggest challenge in this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

The hiring, interviewing and on-boarding process for me was excellent.

Negotiation

it was easy, I asked for a signing bonus and got one, $10,000.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

Hele proces duurde 3 weken. Had 3 interviews: inhuurmanager, manager van inhuurmanager en manager van andere businessafdeling. Werknemer werkte heel snel: na laatste interview kreeg ik aanbod. Salarisonderhandelingen gingen soepel en 3 weken later had ik een nieuwe baan.

the whole process took 3 weeks. Had 3 interviews: hiring manager, manager-of-hiring-manager and other business unit manager. Employer moved very fast: after last inteview I received an offer. Salary negotiations went smoothly and 3 weeks later I had a new job.

Interview Questions

• Moeilijk om te beantwoorden (als een principe, cliché): wat doe je binnen vijf jaar tijd?   Difficult to answer (as a principle, clichee): what do you do in five years time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ik kon onderhandelen. Het was het waard om te onderhandelen: Dell is een verkooporganisatie, ook voor zijn nieuwe aanwinsten(!) Hou in je gedachten dat tijdens een later stadium van je carriere het moeilijk is een hoger salaris te krijgen.

I was able to negitiate. It is worth the effort of negotiating: Dell is a sales organization, also to its new hires(!). Also keep in mind that at a later stage during your career it is difficult to get a raise.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

Internal referral, meeting with manager, call with SE peer, HR

Interview Questions

• Can you work with several different sales teams that don't have an interest in all products   Answer Question

Looking for more BI focused

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

Aggressive, smart, and ethical straight forward candidates are appreciated in Dell. The other attributes like hardworking etc are also necessary. Interview is 3 stage, Hiring Manager, business unit head and HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dell offers industry standard Salary. Exceptional candidates get the best offer