Dell

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through a referral. Interview is mostly basic stuff including asking what I knew about the company in general. Two people interviewed me, one asked most of the questions while another took notes. It lasted a total of about 20 minutes. I received an email a week later stating that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – What is the current stock price?   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – They interviewed a fairly large amount of people for a "sales class" and settled on about 8. The interview was performed by 2 men, in a small room with no desk or table. It felt quite oppressive, but the interviewers were good-natured. They seemed to go down a list of the basic questions you would expect for a sales type job, asking about experience, and they had me do a "role playing" session wherein I was to sell them a product. Overall the interview was swift and brutal if you aren't already a salesperson, otherwise it wasn't too bad.

Interview Question – Was asked to sell them an electronic device about which I had almost no knowledge. I felt very stupid trying to sell this person a device with no idea of its features, why someone would want it, or any technical information   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews with Dell are often based on a format of finding out how you handle situations in the work place. I was asked to address a situation, what was the task taken to deal with that situation, what was the action taken and what was the ultimate result of the action taken. Be prepared to address how you have dealt with situations relevant to the job you are applying for and what you did to create the desired result.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to grow acquisition business. What methods did you use to grow that business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated very close to the salary I wanted. I would advise to find out what the position you are considering pays in the job market you are considering. You will likely be offered slightly less than what the market is averaging for the position, but it is negotiable.

Round Rock, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in March 2010.

Interview Details – Too many questions and went on to long.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult client to deal with and how did I resolve i?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Interview Details – Sat down with 2 managers but did not know the exact position I was being talked to about since I put my resume in with a lot of sales positions. Have not heard from them yet and it has been over a week.

Interview Question – What happens when you are being rejected multiple of times, what does it do to you?   View Answer

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – I applied via company website and did not receive a response for several weeks. I then applied via an online job board and received a phone call within 3 hours. First step was a brief phone interview that lasted perhaps 10 minutes, second step was an on site interview a week later. I was from out of town and they arranged a hotel for me, a flight was optional but not necessary. Onsite interview lasted most of the day and there were perhaps 30 people interviewing that day. First was a presentation to the group then we were taken to a room to take a computerized skills test. After this we shadowed employees for a couple hours. during this time we were taken away individually twice for interviews with sales managers. after all were completed we were escorted from the building and told to expect to hear something within a week. This was on a Friday and I received an offer the following Monday.

Interview Question – The interview questions were very standard behavior based.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only negotiations involved was my start date.

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – I received a interview with Dell through an application on my college career website. It seemed to have gone okay, they are looking for someone to make about 100+ calls a day and it did not feel like a good fit. After the interview, I sent a thank you email. Have not heard back from the company at all. No reply to email either.

Interview Question – Basic Behavioral. What sales experience did you have?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dell in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two managers and had to role play

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you? Do you mind having your sales posted in front of a sales team?   View Answer
  • Can you work weekends?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation....if offered position...run the other way

Sales Representative

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dell in July 2010.

Interview Details – Easy. Hiring manager contacted me.

Interview Question – Tell be about a situation that was a crisis and was not completed. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative
San Salvador (El Salvador)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in May 2007.

Interview Details – The whole process was very efficient and fast. The interview was 1x1 and was very dinamic and focused on a work-life balance, so I consider that to be very good. The only thing is that I had originally dropped in my resume to get an interview for whatever position they had available but I didn't know what position they had selected me for until I was hired, and was only given the job title - which was not listed specifically as "sales representative" by the way but "Superqueue representative"- and was not actually explained that my job was going to be to sell until I started training. So that was very disorienting.

Interview Question – What were my hobbies? or what did I do for fun?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate, it was my first job, and they told me on the spot what my earnings would be, but did not see the option open to negotiate

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!