Dell Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Too many questions and went on to long.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult client to deal with and how did I resolve i?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

They interviewed a fairly large amount of people for a "sales class" and settled on about 8. The interview was performed by 2 men, in a small room with no desk or table. It felt quite oppressive, but the interviewers were good-natured. They seemed to go down a list of the basic questions you would expect for a sales type job, asking about experience, and they had me do a "role playing" session wherein I was to sell them a product. Overall the interview was swift and brutal if you aren't already a salesperson, otherwise it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to sell them an electronic device about which I had almost no knowledge. I felt very stupid trying to sell this person a device with no idea of its features, why someone would want it, or any technical information   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online through a referral. Interview is mostly basic stuff including asking what I knew about the company in general. Two people interviewed me, one asked most of the questions while another took notes. It lasted a total of about 20 minutes. I received an email a week later stating that I did not get the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dell in April 2014.

Interview

Very quick. Was contacted by phone, some simple questions to answer on phone. A one to one interview was arranged. All very normal and business like. Nothing out of the ordinary to report.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

After you apply, you're contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. This is a quick call with the recruiter before your formal onsite interview. There will then be one of more onsite interviews before you receive an offer.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell in July 2010.

Interview

Easy. Hiring manager contacted me.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about a situation that was a crisis and was not completed. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviews with Dell are often based on a format of finding out how you handle situations in the work place. I was asked to address a situation, what was the task taken to deal with that situation, what was the action taken and what was the ultimate result of the action taken. Be prepared to address how you have dealt with situations relevant to the job you are applying for and what you did to create the desired result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to grow acquisition business. What methods did you use to grow that business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated very close to the salary I wanted. I would advise to find out what the position you are considering pays in the job market you are considering. You will likely be offered slightly less than what the market is averaging for the position, but it is negotiable.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

I applied via company website and did not receive a response for several weeks. I then applied via an online job board and received a phone call within 3 hours. First step was a brief phone interview that lasted perhaps 10 minutes, second step was an on site interview a week later. I was from out of town and they arranged a hotel for me, a flight was optional but not necessary. Onsite interview lasted most of the day and there were perhaps 30 people interviewing that day. First was a presentation to the group then we were taken to a room to take a computerized skills test. After this we shadowed employees for a couple hours. during this time we were taken away individually twice for interviews with sales managers. after all were completed we were escorted from the building and told to expect to hear something within a week. This was on a Friday and I received an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very standard behavior based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiations involved was my start date.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

I received a interview with Dell through an application on my college career website. It seemed to have gone okay, they are looking for someone to make about 100+ calls a day and it did not feel like a good fit. After the interview, I sent a thank you email. Have not heard back from the company at all. No reply to email either.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Sat down with 2 managers but did not know the exact position I was being talked to about since I put my resume in with a lot of sales positions. Have not heard from them yet and it has been over a week.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you are being rejected multiple of times, what does it do to you?   1 Answer