Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell
- Inside Sales Representative (45)
- Software Engineer (37)
- Software Developer (21)
- Program Manager (16)
- Senior Software Engineer (14)
- Account Executive (13)
- Business Analyst (13)
- Sales Representative (12)
- Account Manager (11)
- Senior Analyst (10)
- Software Development Analyst (10)
- Software Development Advisor (9)
- Client Technical Support Associate (9)
- Product Marketing Manager (9)
- Financial Analyst (9)
- Project Manager (9)
- Technical Analyst (9)
- Sales Engineer (9)
- Marketing Manager (8)
- Senior Business Analyst (7)
- Customer Service Representative (7)
- Business Systems Analyst (6)
- Sales Associate (6)
- Consultant (6)
- Marketing Director (6)
- Senior Product Manager (6)
- Sales Manager (6)
- Software Development Senior Analyst (6)
- Software Development Senior Advisor (5)
- Tech Support (5)
Sales Support Analyst Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in November 2014.
Recruited from a university career fair. A few weeks later, received an email to set up an interview. Interviewed with three women--one in the role, her boss, and her boss. Very nice and the interview was pretty easy (behavioral questions). But never heard from Dell ever again, never was contacted after the interview.
- Describe a recent project you were proud of Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Dell
Sales Support Analyst InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in June 2012.
Initial call from recruiter. Asked to complete online application. Email from scheduler regarding interview.
- Most all questions are behavioral based. Make certain to be able to speak to many different situations from your work's past. Answer Question
Sales Support Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell in February 2009.
Interviewer consisted of two persons in face to face. Initially, started with a self-presentation about myself regarding what i have learnt on my academy background. and i was being asked about the actions of what i am going to take if i am facing a difficulty in collecting informations from work counterparts, work pressures,etc. Hence i was giving a skills test on Microsoft Excel, which i had never touched before. However, i found out that interviewers were actually trying to test my reaction in a problem-solving circumstance, the attitudes, behaviours, etc. Although i have zero knowledge on Excell. After all, having a right attitudes & behaviours are important in an interview.
- if u are hired. what are you going to persuade a customer to purchase more or extend their warranty services on Dell? Answer Question