Dell

Dell Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dell.

Slow

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in April 2012.

Very good experience through the interview process. The talent acquisition team is very professional and were very diligent in their follow ups.

I did not negotiate, they offered within the range I was considering.

Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in April 2011.

Hiring interviews were quite grueling, they asked me some tough DS questions and then some onsite stuff

Interview Questions
    • What is the best data structure for representing a telephone directory.   Answer Question

Account Executiv E Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2009.

I applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiter who was very professional. We talked for about 20 minutes providing her with details of my background. A couple of days later she called me and scheduled a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. He asked about my background and what I knew about the company products and focus. The recruiter then set up another phone interview with the Regional Director which went extremely well. Two days later, the recruiter called me again and I was offered the position. I was an exception more than likely in this case as I now know that each manager has their own process. Many will have you talk with peers, various managers and support resources and will base their decision upon feedback from each. The onboarding is not the best and it takes a fair amount of time to work your way through the who is who and where to get answers but all internal personnel are very willing to assist. Good group of people who work very hard.

Interview Questions
    • Describe our product line and postiion in the Marketplace.   View Answer
    • What would you do in the first 30 days on board.   View Answer
    The sales positions variable pay structure is based upon level of rep. I don't believe that there is any negotiations relative to pay structure with the exception of negotiating a higher level sales position. I II III or IV.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in August 2009.

The hiring, interviewing and on-boarding process for me was excellent.

it was easy, I asked for a signing bonus and got one, $10,000.

Storage Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in March 2009.

The recruiter was one of the most professional that I've had the experience of working with ever. In an economy where there are few jobs, I was found, screened and taken through a very thorough process in a small amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • Can't thing of anything that was unexpected?   View Answer
    What negotiating? Many companies are now "low balling" on offers, and this offer surpassed my expectations.