Dell Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

3.3

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2010.

Interview

.telephonic round -> 2-3 VC or F2F rounds -> last one with director

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

5 rounds of interview covering case studies, analytical skills, general aptitude, pricing experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiated much

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell (Mumbai (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

GD followed by interview in campus. Interview focussed on aptitude and selling skills. I was asked to do a role play with I playing the seller's role trying to convince my customer to buy.
    There were also aptitude questions including puzzles that compelled me to think of multiple option, were probably testing how can I handle pressure.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview went well, interview was taken by 4 members in same room, answered almost all technical and domain specific questions. I have cleared all the rounds of interview (2 technical and 2 HR rounds). they promissed me to give the offer. But they didnt response for few days. May be due to salary constraint they didnt offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Typical corporate interview process:
    1. Taleo job application
    2. Email from employer to arrange initial "screening call"
    3. Telephone call - 15 mins or so - to confirm your interest in job, qualifications, location, hours, etc.
    4. Email #2 - arrange interview by phone with hiring manager (30mins-45 mins)
    5. 2nd Interview (see above)
    6. Email #3 - arrange face-to-face (in person) interview with hiring manager + peers 2+ hours onsite.
    7. Email #4 - hiring manager -ok we're going to hire you... here's the offer letter and forms to consent to background check and process for drug screening.
    8. Your acceptance of job offer.
    9. Email #5 - confirmation of approval for hire (passed all tests, etc.).
    10. Email #6 - new hire letter w/ start date and orientation details (ever 2 weeks they conduct new hire orientation), so you may end up waiting to actually start work).
    11. Orientation - bring ID (2 forms of ID required, e.g. Drivers license / SS card / Passport).

Interview Questions

• Most questions were very typical of job interviews.

For one role, a Sr. Manager role, I was asked to whiteboard quite a bit (so be prepared to demonstrate your capabilities, knowledge and experience).

Answer Question

Negotiation

No, they gave me "top pay" for the job grade.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

It is good

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotialtion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview and offer was quick. Got offer within a week. Not much scope for salary negotiation.

Negotiation

Every job has it's range of salary. Try to ask for upper limit of your salary range. Once you ask for a figure, that's it.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

1. Tech round more about c# and SQL
    2.Tech Round more about C#, SQL, Web Service, Rest Based service Client side coding,
    IIS, http handlers, http Modules, design patterns

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

There were 2 rounds of Interview. One technical and another HR. The technical interview went really well. But the HR interview went little uncomfortable as the offer was too low. But, there were no much options, I had to accept the offer.

Negotiation

I couldn't manage to get what I have demanded but accepted whichever they offered.

Dell Response

Oct 6, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review of your offer experience. At Dell, it is important to us to offer pay to our candidates that is based on in depth analysis of the role in the marketplace. A lot of data is ... More