Dell

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in November 2010.

I was referred by a current employee who I had worked with on a three year project. I had one phone interview with teh hiring manager before receiving the offer.

Interview Questions
  • On this interview, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. What was unexpected was how easy the interview was.   Answer Question
I negotoiated with HR, but I later learned I low-balled myself. I had not expected the process to progress so quickly and I had not done sufficient research on the salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in September 2011.

Questions were generic related to Project Management

Interview Questions
    • In order of priority what are most important aspects- people, processes, communications   View Answers (2)

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in September 2010.

It was the quickest hiring process of my career. All it took is 8 days from first call from a job consultant to getting the offer letter. Round 1 - General HR, Round 2 - Technical by Program Director, Round - 3 (Webex) with Account Head and Round 4 - HR negotiations. Thats about it.

Interview Questions
    • It was more on what I had done so far within my domain. No stupid questions were asked. Both rounds were max 25 min time to the point questions related to my expected role. All my queries were answered promptly without hiding much information.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiated much as I wanted to move to NCR. However, I got 22% hike from previous salary and wa happy with it.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Dell.

Interviewer was the hiring manager so it was easy for me to get to know my would be manager instantly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were centered around the job so I answered based on my personal experiences. No questions were too difficult   Answer Question
    The final salary offer was from HR. Be sure to agree on the salary with HR.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!