Dell

Updated Sep 23, 2014

3.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dell in July 2014.

I was contacted by email from a guy from Dell to set up a phone call. After the initial phone call he set up a call with the project manager from the US. I've got an email with the argument of the call, mainly background and motivational, insted it was full of very technical and specific questions.
I received no feedback after this call, just an email for 2 more calls, this time tecnical (they wrote), they already sent me the dates, without asking if I were free. very roude. The first call was with a guy with a very strong indian accent and It was very difficoult to understand, at the second call, nobody showed up and I listened the waiting music for half an hour.
In the mean time, another recruiter from Dell, send me an email for scheduling a call for the same position, very organized company.
They rescedule the last call, blaming a problem with the phone, but I think they simple do not care of the people.

At the end of the process (2 week later the last call), I receive a call telling me they decided not to proced in the process.

Interview Questions
  • What is your opinion about multicast delegate?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell in October 2010.

2 technical rounds and manager round, hr round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2011.

The interview process is very nice and in flow. The HR, technical and Manager rounds have very good questions and reviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about a most complex application processed and about reworks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Good Questions. Well framed. Interviewers are well communicative. I overall cleared three rounds of Interviews(including client interview). Expecting to get the offer within next 15days . Later came to know the requirement is withheld (on hold) for any official reason.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between SetTrans & SetTransObject   View Answer
    • Which function used to change Datawindow SQL Statement   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dell.

It started with .net clr level qns and gradually moved to Design patterns and OOPS. YOu should be very good in OOPS and desing patterns / principles to clear the interview.

Interview Questions
    They were not ready for any negotiation. It was more like a take or leave policy. It did not help that I was applying during the financial crisis time when companies were not recruiting

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell in January 2014.

Applied online, got HR call 1 day later, phone call with hiring manager the next day. Went for the onsite 5 days after I applied. Interview lasted 4 hours (30 min slots with diff team members). Every thing was going well until one developer started asking me stupid/got-cha kind of questions that got me visibly irate which affected the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Random questions like what is the keyword "yield" in C# (I've been a developer for 8 years but never used it). Classic programming problems like write code to reverse a node structure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Good

Interview Questions
    I could negotiate for best offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Initially the recruitment coordinator got in touch and asked about my current job profile which matched their requirements.
    There was a telephone screening and then there was an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of 3 technical interviews and 1 interview with hiring manager. Overall the questions were ok. Focus was more on Java, ExtJS and JavaScript

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions were related to ExtJS specifics and usage of specific properties.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in January 2013.

1 round of technical discussion and then 1 manager round.
    manager asked about the current company's policy and lill bit of salary discussion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Phone screen, ~6 hour on-site interview with 6 people. Multiple technical interviews. Lunch interview. Final management interview. Discussions. Many technical questions. Why want to work at dell.

Interview Questions
    • Whiteboard programming problem. Programming assignment homework.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.