Dell

Dell Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in October 2010.

2 technical rounds and manager round, hr round

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2011.

The interview process is very nice and in flow. The HR, technical and Manager rounds have very good questions and reviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about a most complex application processed and about reworks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Good Questions. Well framed. Interviewers are well communicative. I overall cleared three rounds of Interviews(including client interview). Expecting to get the offer within next 15days . Later came to know the requirement is withheld (on hold) for any official reason.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between SetTrans & SetTransObject   View Answer
    • Which function used to change Datawindow SQL Statement   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell.

It started with .net clr level qns and gradually moved to Design patterns and OOPS. YOu should be very good in OOPS and desing patterns / principles to clear the interview.

Interview Questions
    They were not ready for any negotiation. It was more like a take or leave policy. It did not help that I was applying during the financial crisis time when companies were not recruiting

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in January 2014.

Applied online, got HR call 1 day later, phone call with hiring manager the next day. Went for the onsite 5 days after I applied. Interview lasted 4 hours (30 min slots with diff team members). Every thing was going well until one developer started asking me stupid/got-cha kind of questions that got me visibly irate which affected the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Random questions like what is the keyword "yield" in C# (I've been a developer for 8 years but never used it). Classic programming problems like write code to reverse a node structure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Good

Interview Questions
    I could negotiate for best offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Initially the recruitment coordinator got in touch and asked about my current job profile which matched their requirements.
    There was a telephone screening and then there was an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of 3 technical interviews and 1 interview with hiring manager. Overall the questions were ok. Focus was more on Java, ExtJS and JavaScript

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions were related to ExtJS specifics and usage of specific properties.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in January 2013.

1 round of technical discussion and then 1 manager round.
    manager asked about the current company's policy and lill bit of salary discussion

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Phone screen, ~6 hour on-site interview with 6 people. Multiple technical interviews. Lunch interview. Final management interview. Discussions. Many technical questions. Why want to work at dell.

Interview Questions
    • Whiteboard programming problem. Programming assignment homework.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in March 2013.

First Round of Technical interview and Second Round was Client Interview.No Clear requirements from Dell employee and Clients.JD is different before interview and during interview they will have different JD.Even if you are interested to work for other Technologies,they will say you don't have prior experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!