Dell Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email from a guy from Dell to set up a phone call. After the initial phone call he set up a call with the project manager from the US. I've got an email with the argument of the call, mainly background and motivational, insted it was full of very technical and specific questions. I received no feedback after this call, just an email for 2 more calls, this time tecnical (they wrote), they already sent me the dates, without asking if I were free. very roude. The first call was with a guy with a very strong indian accent and It was very difficoult to understand, at the second call, nobody showed up and I listened the waiting music for half an hour. In the mean time, another recruiter from Dell, send me an email for scheduling a call for the same position, very organized company. They rescedule the last call, blaming a problem with the phone, but I think they simple do not care of the people. At the end of the process (2 week later the last call), I receive a call telling me they decided not to proced in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion about multicast delegate?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dell (Chennai (India)).

Interview

It started with .net clr level qns and gradually moved to Design patterns and OOPS. YOu should be very good in OOPS and desing patterns / principles to clear the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not ready for any negotiation. It was more like a take or leave policy. It did not help that I was applying during the financial crisis time when companies were not recruiting

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is very nice and in flow. The HR, technical and Manager rounds have very good questions and reviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions about a most complex application processed and about reworks.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell in October 2010.

Interview

2 technical rounds and manager round, hr round

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

Good Questions. Well framed. Interviewers are well communicative. I overall cleared three rounds of Interviews(including client interview). Expecting to get the offer within next 15days . Later came to know the requirement is withheld (on hold) for any official reason.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SetTrans & SetTransObject   1 Answer
    • Which function used to change Datawindow SQL Statement   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in May 2010.

Good

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could negotiate for best offer.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

First Round of Technical interview and Second Round was Client Interview.No Clear requirements from Dell employee and Clients.JD is different before interview and during interview they will have different JD.Even if you are interested to work for other Technologies,they will say you don't have prior experience.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

1 round of technical discussion and then 1 manager round. manager asked about the current company's policy and lill bit of salary discussion

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

Initially the recruitment coordinator got in touch and asked about my current job profile which matched their requirements. There was a telephone screening and then there was an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of 3 technical interviews and 1 interview with hiring manager. Overall the questions were ok. Focus was more on Java, ExtJS and JavaScript

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions were related to ExtJS specifics and usage of specific properties.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen, ~6 hour on-site interview with 6 people. Multiple technical interviews. Lunch interview. Final management interview. Discussions. Many technical questions. Why want to work at dell.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard programming problem. Programming assignment homework.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.