Dell Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Nashua, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and get back 2 weeks later. 20 minutes long at first talk. He talked about his team and what the project is, and I talked about what I have done previously. Relaxing and no technical questions. Days later they will have more members in a team to talk with me again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied from school, got an email a week earlier from the 1:1 interview. The interview began with an introduction to the role of summer intern at the company, then asked a few questions about the projects I did in the past.

Interview Questions

• All questions were based on the projects I did in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Interview

The onsite interview consisted of 4 (1 of them being with HR) 1:1 interviews, each interview being around 30 mins. each, and they covered both technical/problem-solving and behavioral questions. The sessions were pretty laid-back and informal and started off with some bit of chit-chatting followed by an understanding of what was expected from the role, what I had done previously of the same nature, etc.

Interview Questions

• The "Three Light Switches" riddle, which one can answer (and I could fortunately) on the spot one thinking through but it was a bit unexpected but a good way of testing problem solving in my opinion.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

phone than real than go to the place and talked to the branch manager, got in in no time only took about twenty miutes to interview. after waited about three weeks to get a respond.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

1 on campus interview and 3 on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle so and so situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Straight out of school.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in January 2013.

Interview

HR calls and setup a phone interview with hiring manager. Then there will be four rounds of technical interviews. Once selected then HR negotiation happens. The whole process takes about 1 month or sometime it could take more depending on the selection process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Newport Beach, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

They only want the best! This made it vary easy to get the Job. If you have great skill's and alot of energy, they LOVE it! I currently work in Huntsville AL, and if you are realy good here, they treat you like an ARROGANT BASTERD, but the fack of the matter is -> In software contracts today, you have the "One's who get the job done." and the "Haters".

Interview Questions

• Are you the best at what you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, more like "Can you code" and I say Yes, then I show them my code, and they say, yes this is good you get the gig, OR if you don't get the gig, they might say, you must have stayed in school to long and your brain is now mush.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview

Very straightforward and friendly. Three rounds - First was Technical, Second was writeen and third was HR Screening

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

In these paragraphs, you should describe in details what you have to offer the company. You always should note that you make strong connections between your competencies and their job specification. You should pay attention to: Do not repeat resume. Try to write this letter just in an A4. Just show key elements of your competencies that match to job specs.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself? 2. What do you know about Dell? 3. What can you do for Dell? 4. Why do you want to work for Dell? 5. Tell me the latest Dell headline you read. What are your thoughts on how that will impact Dell? 6. If you were in a team involved in a secret Dell project, how would you refrain from telling your significant other, friends, family, etc? 7. Where do you see Dell's products? 8. How can you relate the goals you have for yourself to the goals of Dell?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

1 telephonic round 1 face 2 face round .(Technical + managerial) I did not hve HR round. I am basically from Chennai . I went to gave my interview at Dell at Bangalore. I was orally confirmed that I m selected for the position on Thursday July 2nd. The HR said that HR round can be done telephonic as well and I can expect a call from them on Friday that is on July 3rd. But I did not receive any call from them till date. 4 days has been passed. No HR round and no offer letter. I m just worrying whether I can go by the verbal commitment given by the HR? Please some one help. Has any one faced this situation that verbal commitment of offer is given but no HR round and offer letter in hnd. OR HR round and offer letter will be delayed? What i need to do in this case?

Interview Questions

• THey were basically checking the stability of hte person by asking the same question again and again. They appeared cool.   Answer Question