Dell

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – phone than real than go to the place and talked to the branch manager, got in in no time only took about twenty miutes to interview. after waited about three weeks to get a respond.

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very straightforward and friendly. Three rounds - First was Technical, Second was writeen and third was HR Screening

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Round Rock, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – 1 on campus interview and 3 on-site interviews.

Interview Question – How will you handle so and so situation   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Straight out of school.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Dell in January 2014.

Interview Details – Inerview process wa smooth... HR is highly co-operative... four rounds fo technical and one round of HR .
Qustions were good and not chilly. You will get good communiation with HR about the interiew process

Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was for a position with the storage product team in Israel,
Second interview consist of two medium difficulty questions but attention to details was required.

Interview Questions

• print the "perimeter" of a binary tree:
    first edge is the leftmost sub-tree from top to bottom,
    second edge are the leafs from left to right,
    third edge is the right most sub-tree from bottom to top
      View Answer
  • reverse the order of words in a string sentence, without using an extra buffer   View Answer

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Interview Details – Walked into a massive hiring process when a new center of excellence was being setup. Had 3 rounds, HR and then a technical round with an architect, and then a managerial round with a few techno functional rounds. Questions were routine + some scenario based questions from the Manager and a few architectural questions from the architect.

Interview Question – There were not much, but a question on what was my most complex assignment yet was met with a seeming disapproval initially on my answer.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in August 2011.

Interview Details – A smooth interview process with one GD, and two rounds of interviews. The GD had random topics with little or no connection to the job requirements. The interview rounds tested knowledge as well as your desire to grow in the company. The focus was primarily on basics, but they also tested your ability to grasp knowledge.

Interview Question – You are given a dynamic stack, with random numbers constantly being pushed in, and popped out. At any given time, what is the smallest number in the stack.
Condition 1 - You are not allowed to scan the entire stack and search for the smallest number.
Condition 2 - You cannot use more storage space than the stack itself.
  View Answers (2)

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in July 2012.

Interview Details – Aptitude,Technical,MR,HR

Interview Question – Suppose a basketball match is going on and apart from conventional manner to record that game i.e. video recording, I want to record that game in a structure, so which structure u will use and with which fields, to record that game so that whenever i go through that structure i'll get the whole description of the match event-wise i.e. what happened at which time.   View Answers (2)

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in January 2009.

Interview Details – It was okay like any other company interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no chance for negotiation

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online at Dell careers. HR called within 2 days and phone interview was arranged within a week.
Phone interview was for an hour. I was wasked general questions about the current job, duties, responsibilities and a few technical questions based on my resume. At the end manager informed that it may be a week or two before any decision may be made. so waiting ..............

Interview Questions

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!