Dell Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell in January 2009.

Interview

It was okay like any other company interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no chance for negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was for a position with the storage product team in Israel, Second interview consist of two medium difficulty questions but attention to details was required.

Interview Questions

• print the "perimeter" of a binary tree: first edge is the leftmost sub-tree from top to bottom, second edge are the leafs from left to right, third edge is the right most sub-tree from bottom to top   1 Answer
    • reverse the order of words in a string sentence, without using an extra buffer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Interview

The onsite interview consisted of 4 (1 of them being with HR) 1:1 interviews, each interview being around 30 mins. each, and they covered both technical/problem-solving and behavioral questions. The sessions were pretty laid-back and informal and started off with some bit of chit-chatting followed by an understanding of what was expected from the role, what I had done previously of the same nature, etc.

Interview Questions

• The "Three Light Switches" riddle, which one can answer (and I could fortunately) on the spot one thinking through but it was a bit unexpected but a good way of testing problem solving in my opinion.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Campus Recruitment Process. 3 rounds. Round 1- Written test. This round had 3 sections. Aptitude, English and Technical. Multiple Choice Questions with no negative marking. Round 2- Technical Interview. Questions asked depend mostly on what you write in your resume. Round 3- HR Interview. General HR questions, the interviewers are very observant.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

A smooth interview process with one GD, and two rounds of interviews. The GD had random topics with little or no connection to the job requirements. The interview rounds tested knowledge as well as your desire to grow in the company. The focus was primarily on basics, but they also tested your ability to grasp knowledge.

Interview Questions

• You are given a dynamic stack, with random numbers constantly being pushed in, and popped out. At any given time, what is the smallest number in the stack. Condition 1 - You are not allowed to scan the entire stack and search for the smallest number. Condition 2 - You cannot use more storage space than the stack itself.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Aptitude,Technical,MR,HR

Interview Questions

• Suppose a basketball match is going on and apart from conventional manner to record that game i.e. video recording, I want to record that game in a structure, so which structure u will use and with which fields, to record that game so that whenever i go through that structure i'll get the whole description of the match event-wise i.e. what happened at which time.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in January 2013.

Interview

HR calls and setup a phone interview with hiring manager. Then there will be four rounds of technical interviews. Once selected then HR negotiation happens. The whole process takes about 1 month or sometime it could take more depending on the selection process.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview

Very straightforward and friendly. Three rounds - First was Technical, Second was writeen and third was HR Screening

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied from school, got an email a week earlier from the 1:1 interview. The interview began with an introduction to the role of summer intern at the company, then asked a few questions about the projects I did in the past.

Interview Questions

• All questions were based on the projects I did in the past   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Nashua, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and get back 2 weeks later. 20 minutes long at first talk. He talked about his team and what the project is, and I talked about what I have done previously. Relaxing and no technical questions. Days later they will have more members in a team to talk with me again.