Dell

Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in April 2014.

The interview was for a position with the storage product team in Israel,
Second interview consist of two medium difficulty questions but attention to details was required.

Interview Questions
  • print the "perimeter" of a binary tree:
    first edge is the leftmost sub-tree from top to bottom,
    second edge are the leafs from left to right,
    third edge is the right most sub-tree from bottom to top
      View Answer
  • reverse the order of words in a string sentence, without using an extra buffer   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in January 2009.

It was okay like any other company interviews.

no chance for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in August 2011.

A smooth interview process with one GD, and two rounds of interviews. The GD had random topics with little or no connection to the job requirements. The interview rounds tested knowledge as well as your desire to grow in the company. The focus was primarily on basics, but they also tested your ability to grasp knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a dynamic stack, with random numbers constantly being pushed in, and popped out. At any given time, what is the smallest number in the stack.
      Condition 1 - You are not allowed to scan the entire stack and search for the smallest number.
      Condition 2 - You cannot use more storage space than the stack itself.
        View Answers (2)

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Very straightforward and friendly. Three rounds - First was Technical, Second was writeen and third was HR Screening

I didnt negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in July 2012.

Aptitude,Technical,MR,HR

Interview Questions
    • Suppose a basketball match is going on and apart from conventional manner to record that game i.e. video recording, I want to record that game in a structure, so which structure u will use and with which fields, to record that game so that whenever i go through that structure i'll get the whole description of the match event-wise i.e. what happened at which time.   View Answers (2)

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Applied online at Dell careers. HR called within 2 days and phone interview was arranged within a week.
    Phone interview was for an hour. I was wasked general questions about the current job, duties, responsibilities and a few technical questions based on my resume. At the end manager informed that it may be a week or two before any decision may be made. so waiting ..............

Interview Questions
    • what challenges have you faced in you previous projects. How you solved it?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about designing new application ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

The onsite interview consisted of 4 (1 of them being with HR) 1:1 interviews, each interview being around 30 mins. each, and they covered both technical/problem-solving and behavioral questions. The sessions were pretty laid-back and informal and started off with some bit of chit-chatting followed by an understanding of what was expected from the role, what I had done previously of the same nature, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The "Three Light Switches" riddle, which one can answer (and I could fortunately) on the spot one thinking through but it was a bit unexpected but a good way of testing problem solving in my opinion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell.

Campus Recruitment Process.
    3 rounds.
    Round 1- Written test. This round had 3 sections. Aptitude, English and Technical. Multiple Choice Questions with no negative marking.
    Round 2- Technical Interview. Questions asked depend mostly on what you write in your resume.
    Round 3- HR Interview. General HR questions, the interviewers are very observant.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2013.

HR calls and setup a phone interview with hiring manager. Then there will be four rounds of technical interviews. Once selected then HR negotiation happens. The whole process takes about 1 month or sometime it could take more depending on the selection process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Dell in January 2014.

Inerview process wa smooth... HR is highly co-operative... four rounds fo technical and one round of HR .
    Qustions were good and not chilly. You will get good communiation with HR about the interiew process

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!