Dell Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of several rounds. Aptitude and other rounds.
Technical round was the most interesting and finally the HR round to just tell you that you are through and we are happy to have you work for the organization. :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you are a fresher, just take the job
If you are a lateral, then you know what you have to do. ;-)

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell (Noida (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

I joined Dell Services 2 years before through a Walk in Drive. First of all there was a written test that consist of 3 parts Technical, Logical Reasoning and English.
    Followed by that there were 2 rounds of interview which comprises of Technical, Logical Capability and mainly checking of your ability to cope up with difficult situation and presence of mind.

Interview Questions

• At what angle will you throw a ball so that it will come back to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA in my case as we are here through Walkin.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

IT was good and the questions were from SQL and Core Java, since i worked in the Java, J2EE Platform the questions were shooted from Core Java and J2EE. And few were from the PL/SQL.

Interview Questions

• There few algorithms and query optimizations questions shooted with few programs with optimization logics..   Answer Question

Negotiation

good compensation and benefits

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

one phone interview asking all the details on the resume.
    get response inviting for onsite in one week.

On site interview:
    interviewed with five engineers. All technical questions. not so difficult.

compensation not competitive

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell (Pune (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

One online test very basic and one one interview with manager

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell (Noida (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

First round was aptitude. 3 sections quant, verbal, programming aptitude. each section has separate cutoff. Very few ppl could clear apti round due to sectional cutoff. verbal was easy. quant and prog moderate difficulty.
    Second round was technical 2:1 interview. Took an hour. Questions picked from technologies and skills mentioned in resume. General awareness questions (eg. on god particle, father of computer etc.). Asked to write program on fibbonacci series, quick sort. Asked various questions on project undertaken and to write few lines of code of the project.
    Final HR round had typical HR questions plus few puzzles. Be confident.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

I received a call for a phone screen 3-days after posting to a position. The manager did a skills interview and a review of the position. A week later a group interview was scheduled. First couple of interviewers were standard, with no goofy questions. The third interviewer was from another department that had absolutely no involvement with the group I was interviewing for, and he had no questions for me. I questioned him about his position and how this group would help his group, but he had no feedback. We spoke about the company culture and wrapped up the whole thing in 10 minutes. The third person would have been a peer. His stated concern was that this position was created to eliminate other positions in the department.

Interview Questions

• So you are here to eliminate our jobs?   1 Answer
    • I don't work with these guys and have no idea what I am doing in this interview, so I don't have any questions for you.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2008.

Interview

There was an initial screening. This was a phone screen. General questions were asked based on my resume such as to list an experience where something went wrong , an experience where I demonstrated exceptional ability I am proud of and so on.
    Heard back from them in about a week and onsite interviews were scheduled. There were 3 1:1 sessions onsite and I met the manager of the team alongside the members for a group chat. The interviews were straightforward and easy. Heard back from them 2 days later

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position at ***. What are the problems faced by you there?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

We had a written round which included both aptitude and technical questions. After written round shortlisted members were called for interview. IT included 1 technical and 2 HR rounds. In technical they asked general questions and asked some puzzles. The 2 HR rounds were just a general talk in which they test our confidence level and our personality.

Interview Questions

• They asked about linked list just the general defintion and type of linked lists   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

I was selected and appeared for the Interview through campus placements . The first round was a written test with multiple C/C++ and Quant based questions.

Second round was technical followed by a HR Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation!!!!