Dell Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of several rounds. Aptitude and other rounds. Technical round was the most interesting and finally the HR round to just tell you that you are through and we are happy to have you work for the organization. :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you are a fresher, just take the job If you are a lateral, then you know what you have to do. ;-)

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell (Noida (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

I joined Dell Services 2 years before through a Walk in Drive. First of all there was a written test that consist of 3 parts Technical, Logical Reasoning and English. Followed by that there were 2 rounds of interview which comprises of Technical, Logical Capability and mainly checking of your ability to cope up with difficult situation and presence of mind.

Interview Questions

• At what angle will you throw a ball so that it will come back to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA in my case as we are here through Walkin.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

IT was good and the questions were from SQL and Core Java, since i worked in the Java, J2EE Platform the questions were shooted from Core Java and J2EE. And few were from the PL/SQL.

Interview Questions

• There few algorithms and query optimizations questions shooted with few programs with optimization logics..   Answer Question

Negotiation

good compensation and benefits

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

3 interviews 1. Technical phone call. No problems, good casual conversation with the interviewer. 2. Panel interview. Challenging interview, but seemed interesting. Tough but fair questions. 3. Technical phone call with the head office. The interviewer was a half hour late and asked me frankly irritating and contradictory questions such as defining that I wouldn't be working with databases in this position, but then following that by a question about database joins.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

Aptitude, technical round where some programs are asked and logic was to be written and explained.Algorithms are generally asked to be explained Finally an hr round to discuss about the package.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied with my resume through the career center of my school. I honestly did expect they were going to call me, however somehow got an interview a or so week later. The interview took place at my University and was about 30 min. all technical questions. After that I received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Simple data structures questions (diff. between stack and a queue) and questions about my school projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

1, Technical interview 2.Technical interview 2 3. HR Discussion It was a good experience with lot of new learning. It was a good experience with lot of new learning. It was a good experience with lot of new learning.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

one phone interview asking all the details on the resume. get response inviting for onsite in one week. On site interview: interviewed with five engineers. All technical questions. not so difficult.

compensation not competitive

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell (Pune (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

One online test very basic and one one interview with manager

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell (Noida (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

First round was aptitude. 3 sections quant, verbal, programming aptitude. each section has separate cutoff. Very few ppl could clear apti round due to sectional cutoff. verbal was easy. quant and prog moderate difficulty. Second round was technical 2:1 interview. Took an hour. Questions picked from technologies and skills mentioned in resume. General awareness questions (eg. on god particle, father of computer etc.). Asked to write program on fibbonacci series, quick sort. Asked various questions on project undertaken and to write few lines of code of the project. Final HR round had typical HR questions plus few puzzles. Be confident.