Dell

Dell Storage Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Storage Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Started out well. The recruiter contacted me and responded to my questions. I was set up for a tech interview. The tech interview was pleasant and I answered all of the questions. The next step was to be an onsite.

Two weeks passed and I sent an email to the recruiter for feedback. At this point she was no longer returning my calls which is rude but typical. A week passed and then she wrote me saying that the interview went well and the she would be letting me know what the next steps were to be. A day later I got a generated form letter saying that I was rejected. Needless to say the recruiter ignored my subsequent email asking for clarification.

While this sort of arrogance is common I think that Dell is hardly a major player in professional services and frankly, their hardware is flimsy. The buyer's market may allow for such shenanigans but the tide is turning and the demographics of the American workforce is shifting. Soon enough it will be a seller's market again and I for one will not forget how I was treated by potential employers.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in May 2013.

Went through a recruiter who scheduled the phone interview. It took approximately 30 minutes, with 3 engineers of the team on the call. The questions were mostly technical and not much else. It was difficult to understand some of the questions because the interviewer has an accent and the call quality was not great at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in April 2011.

Interview process is very fast; 1 phone interview, next week in-person interview.
    Solid technical interview; Easy for technically sound engineers.

Interview Questions
    • If you are expert in appropriate job related skills.
      just refersh on C, C++, algorithms and relevant
      HW skills.

Answer Question

Offered a one level lower grade engineering position than current
    grade level at current employer; Dell is conservative on job
    designations or pay/benefits that comes with that designation.
    They offer very good salary initially but one gets stuck at this level
    for long; Overall Dell offer balances with current offer on long run.