Dell

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in December 2012.

I had a phone interview within a few hour of submitting my Resume via a friend who was already employed there. I came in the next day for a face to face interview with three employees and the Manager. I got a job offer in less than a week and it was on!

Not bad at all...

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dell in April 2013.

The turnaround time for this position was very fast. I had another offer pending from another company. They were very accommodating. The questions were somewhat difficult and technology specific. Overall this was a great interview

Interview Questions
    • A question was posed on how to allow vmotion to function with disparate hardware platforms.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dell in February 2009.

I was called out the blue.. apparently my resume on either Dice, Monster, or Carrerbuilder grabbed someone's eye. I met interview team of 2 at an off site location.. the W hotel near Union Square, NY. They were 2 junior employees on the Citigroup account who conducted a clumsy interview.. first asking my situation questions, then technical. When asked and pressed, I did not receive honest answers regarding company culture out of them, as they seemed to be regurgitating the company line.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you've had to work through?   View Answer
    Dell HR bait-and-switched my salary range... they low-balled me by about 30% from what they said I could make, but was forced to take the job due to lack of any other prospects at the time.

Systems Administrative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in September 2009.

I was referred by a former employee at the place at which I use to work. I was interviewed first by phone and latter in person by three system admins and the head of the department. I had to take a drug test and go through a background check before I was hired. The back ground check included a check of my finances.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about your experience in system administration.   View Answer
    • Describe your duties and the problems you have been called upon to solve.   View Answer

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!