Dell

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Very intensive but well put togethet

Interview Question – Why do I want to work for dell?   View Answer

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – One time phone interview with immediate manager, the team lead and two members. They took turns asking technical questions. The questions were scenario based as they wanted to know what your logic was in troubleshooting the problem. They they also provided scenarios of customer service and wanted to find out how you would handle it.

Negotiation Details – In the application, they had you fill out what you wanted as your salary. There was no negotiation.

Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone calls with a Dell recruiter, and one in-person interview with the hiring manager and senior level associate. The recruiter described the position in great detail and even provided insight into current projects associated with the role. Unfortunately, what the recruiter related in terms of salary and job duties was not offered by the company or team itself. The role was drastically overstated, and what was agreed upon in terms of salary in the initial interviews between recruiter and hiring manager was not offered with no option of negotiation. Basically, the salary range initially offered was 10 to 15 percent higher than what was given. Leadership's explanation, talent is often acquired under market value during a strained economy. The is the company's mentality on the whole.

Interview Question – Nothing. No unexpected or technical questions were asked. Questions mainly had to due with culture and seemed scripted.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was an offer letter, and the offer was not open to negotiation.

Delhi, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in January 2011.

Interview Details – it was very well organised and well structured.

Interview Question – no difficult ques   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very smooth and appreciable

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Had gone for a walk in, interview rounds were planned and executed professionally.

Interview Question – Continuously asking for alternative solutions, even after all options have been exhausted. Probably they were checking how confident I'm about my skills and decipher the outcome as product failure rather than something resolvable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were entertained. Salary was much below market standards and I was promised market correction later, quoting prevailing recession at that time as the reason. No corrections were made eventually.

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dell in September 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with HR/Manager/Senior Manager all very well done and up front from the start.

Interview Question – at 50 years of ages the question from the young HR girl? where do you see yourself in 20 years???   View Answer

Negotiation Details – direct as always HR try to drive down the initial offer that was discussed with the manager. however keep a note of the discussions that you have with the internal managers

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in August 2012.

Interview Details – first round was a gd where i along with my frnd who was equally as good as me. we were on the right track in gd. but a girl was silent n never spoke after giving a start. i was 2nd to talk later my frnd n others. we had a good b.tech aggregate bot the had 80% n we wer with 73. even thought we wer good n active in that session he selected her n said us to leave. very nxt day we both went again n got selected by their other colleague. but we din get call again

Interview Question – nothing was difficult . its just having a chit chat in english   Answer Question

Technical Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in October 2012.

Interview Details – they asked about database, refrential integrity, primary keys, cursors
they asked to code string reversal and perfect no. finding algos
asked a lot of concepts from c and java

Interview Question – how to use pointers in java   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in October 2011.

Interview Details – the first question i faced was "tell me about your self".seems a very easy n straight forward question but it nearly decides your selection into the company.the person asking this question wants to see how much organized and well versed you are.so give a little more time and work on this question.

Interview Question – i didn't really face an unexpected question but yes i was asked to explain my summer internship project which was "android game development".i was asked to explain each and evry step of my project from beginning to end ,that was a bit unexpected   View Answer

Mohali, Punjab (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in June 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was tough. 5 rounds and each round fairly detailed. The Ops round was the toughest since you get rejected even if the slightest hesitancy is detected.

Interview Question – Why are you starting from scratch?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Position was negotiated. HR wanted me at the A4 position but I showed my work experience and negotiated for an A5 getting a higher rank and salary.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!