Dell

Dell Technical Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

Very intensive but well put togethet

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell.

Had gone for a walk in, interview rounds were planned and executed professionally.

Interview Questions
    • Continuously asking for alternative solutions, even after all options have been exhausted. Probably they were checking how confident I'm about my skills and decipher the outcome as product failure rather than something resolvable.   Answer Question
    No negotiations were entertained. Salary was much below market standards and I was promised market correction later, quoting prevailing recession at that time as the reason. No corrections were made eventually.

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in October 2012.

they asked about database, refrential integrity, primary keys, cursors
    they asked to code string reversal and perfect no. finding algos
    asked a lot of concepts from c and java

no negotiations

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mohali, Punjab (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mohali, Punjab (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in June 2008.

Interview was tough. 5 rounds and each round fairly detailed. The Ops round was the toughest since you get rejected even if the slightest hesitancy is detected.

Interview Questions
    Position was negotiated. HR wanted me at the A4 position but I showed my work experience and negotiated for an A5 getting a higher rank and salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

One time phone interview with immediate manager, the team lead and two members. They took turns asking technical questions. The questions were scenario based as they wanted to know what your logic was in troubleshooting the problem. They they also provided scenarios of customer service and wanted to find out how you would handle it.

In the application, they had you fill out what you wanted as your salary. There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in January 2011.

it was very well organised and well structured.

very smooth and appreciable

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in October 2011.

the first question i faced was "tell me about your self".seems a very easy n straight forward question but it nearly decides your selection into the company.the person asking this question wants to see how much organized and well versed you are.so give a little more time and work on this question.

Interview Questions
    • i didn't really face an unexpected question but yes i was asked to explain my summer internship project which was "android game development".i was asked to explain each and evry step of my project from beginning to end ,that was a bit unexpected   View Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in August 2012.

first round was a gd where i along with my frnd who was equally as good as me. we were on the right track in gd. but a girl was silent n never spoke after giving a start. i was 2nd to talk later my frnd n others. we had a good b.tech aggregate bot the had 80% n we wer with 73. even thought we wer good n active in that session he selected her n said us to leave. very nxt day we both went again n got selected by their other colleague. but we din get call again

Interview Questions
    • nothing was difficult . its just having a chit chat in english   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dell in September 2011.

3 interviews with HR/Manager/Senior Manager all very well done and up front from the start.

Interview Questions
    • at 50 years of ages the question from the young HR girl? where do you see yourself in 20 years???   View Answer
    direct as always HR try to drive down the initial offer that was discussed with the manager. however keep a note of the discussions that you have with the internal managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Two phone calls with a Dell recruiter, and one in-person interview with the hiring manager and senior level associate. The recruiter described the position in great detail and even provided insight into current projects associated with the role. Unfortunately, what the recruiter related in terms of salary and job duties was not offered by the company or team itself. The role was drastically overstated, and what was agreed upon in terms of salary in the initial interviews between recruiter and hiring manager was not offered with no option of negotiation. Basically, the salary range initially offered was 10 to 15 percent higher than what was given. Leadership's explanation, talent is often acquired under market value during a strained economy. The is the company's mentality on the whole.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. No unexpected or technical questions were asked. Questions mainly had to due with culture and seemed scripted.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
        View Answer
    There was an offer letter, and the offer was not open to negotiation.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!