Dell

Dell Technical Support Associate Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dell in August 2013.

The hiring process consists of 3 rounds.
The HR round- where they ask you to speak of your previous work experience, likes and dislikes, and other stuff.
The operations round - where a manager from the operations team checks if you are technically sound and can pull off the job.
Versant test - is a computerised test over the phone where in we have to recite paragraph and be our best as far as pronunciation and grammar goes.

Interview Questions
  • The operations round had a flurry of questions fired at me and I really got stuck when I had to explain the RAID arrangement for Hard Drives.   View Answer
I was appalled by the salary offered (as a downside)

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in December 2012.

Hiring and interview process had 2 rounds. One with the Operations Manager and the other with HR. Operations round was a basic chk on Tecnical acumen and sustainability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell in July 2011.

Hiring process for Tech Support Associate(Voice) involves 3 rounds.

The first round was with the HR, since I had prior experience this round was pretty straight forward. The HR just wanted a quick introduction about myself and just asked me to wait for sometime to get to the next round.

The second round was the round with operations. This was a face to face interview with a Team Manager and a Senior Manager, They asked me basic questions about c computer hardware and also a few questions about my family background and education. The technical questions included questions about the latest processors in the market, basic hardware such as what each port on the laptop and a desktop kept in the interview cubicle was. Since I had mentioned my completion of CCNA they asked me a few questions about OSI model and networking(ipconfig, what do you do when internet is not working...etc). I had not taken up the certification so they asked me to remove CCNA from the resume! Because CCNA meant Cisco Certified Network Associate and I had not taken up the certification. So heads up, if you have MCSE or CCNA on your resume make sure you're certified.

The third round was a language test. This is done at Dell with an computerized software called as Versant. They handed out a two page instruction manual about how to prepare for the test. It is fairly simple you just have to put on a headset and answer some basic questions the software wants you to answer from a short comprehension it reads before asking the questions.

Overall the interview process was very well organised, but yes be prepared to spend at least 4 - 6 hours, They have a very good interview room so you won't get very bored. The work culture at Dell is very good, they have a lot of emphasis for ethics and integrity. I've been at Dell for 1.2 Years now and can vouch for them in that regards.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I had to answer was about the gaps I had in my career. They wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be quitting soon.   View Answers (2)
    The negotiation phase was very short. The HR just ran through the TnCs of joining and joining date. Dell like many other companies has it's salaries structure fixed and the salary depends on the experience you have. No negotiation was entertained and I just got a this is what we can offer reply from the HR. But the initial offer was in par with my expectations, a little above that actually. So I was happy to accept the offer.

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casablanca (Morocco)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casablanca (Morocco)

I applied online – interviewed at Dell in April 2011.

After complete a technical test and been accepted, an interview with the hiring manager, the future trainer and a memeber of HR takes place.

Interview Questions
    • It was a standard interview, there is no unexpected questions   Answer Question