Deloitte

2.7

75 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I networked and applied online for the position, heard back within a week to schedule a first-round interview on campus. The first-round grilled me on my resume and had a behavioral section afterwards. I was asked about experience working in teams and how I deal with stress from what I remember.

I was invited to a second-round a few weeks later and interviewed with two partners and a senior manager. They were exceptionally friendly and the whole interview seemed like more of a social than an actual interview. I mostly just chatted about my experience, their careers, families, hobbies, etc. Be prepared to walk someone through your resume and answer a few behavioral questions but for the most part just be friendly and open to conversation. Don't be afraid to ask questions or chat about more personal matters like family and vacation.

Interview Questions
  • I had a low-ish GPA so if your GPA is not quite up to par, be prepared to explain and show what you have done to compensate or remedy. For the record, I had a 3.2-ish and was directly asked about my GPA.   Answer Question
There was little negotiation, but my kindly recruiter raised my starting salary slightly. I would not be afraid to ask for more if you think it necessary.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

2 half-hour interviews back to back with managers on Campus. Before the interview, there was a pre-interview event the night before, and basically just talk with recruiters. After a few weeks, Deloitte will just send an email to notify whether you get to the second round or not

Audit Assistant Interview

Behavioral interview... no big surprises... same questions in multiple interviews and in general interviewers could care less about following any script. Just be prepared to answer questions about working in a "team environment" and most "challenging situations" that you've encountered.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were really difficult   View Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

The hiring process takes about a month. I talked briefly about my experience with HR. Then I had an interview with audit manager - went through resume and had a few behavioral questions. Finally, I was brought on-site to meet with partners.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Talked through experience on the resume and had some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

First interview on the phone. They asked very basic questions, but behavioral questions were included. They even asked me 2~3 accounting questions. I did not expect those, so I did poorly.

Second interview took 1.5 hours. I met three people: one partner, one director and one manager. They asked questions based on your resume, but it was more like a chat or networking with your interviewer. The point is to let them like you and make them enjoy talking to you or listening to your words.

Was invited to the dinner with them. Some other employees in the office also attended. They were very much and joked around. It was a fun night, yet I was too tired to talk much.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to change your career (path)? What is your ideal working environment? What is your goal for this coming 5 years?   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

The interview started with an office tour followed by a presentation and a panel with younger associates to answer questions and share their experiences. Afterward, you had two behavioral interviews with either a partner or a manager. Everyone throughout the process was very friendly. Would definitely recommend the company based solely on the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Went to the company presentation on university campus and met with recruiters and university job fair. First round of interviews were on campus for 30 minutes. Final round interviews at the office for around 4.5 hours and received me offer the same day I'm the afternoon. Fairly quick, laid back recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few general behavioral questions, most of the interview was conversational.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Got an interview through my college (Deloitte came to campus). Interviewed with a partner who asked behavioral type questions and reviewed my resume. Made it to second round interviews (treated to dinner the night before), second interview in the office with a different partner.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were unable to complete a task assigned to you   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Interviews are almost all behavioral, you will most likely do 2 or 3 with senior ranking members of the Audit team. Also, if you have greeters or facilitators between meetings, those people will also be evaluating you so be on your best behavior.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to work with a difficult person who didn't pull their weight and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Initial communications: Reached out by the head campus recruiter and scheduled for two campus interviews, each one 15-30 minutes.
    Planning: I was told this was mainly going to be a behavioral interview therefore I mainly planned by thoroughly reviewing my own resume and being prepared with the "STAR" method to respond to behavioral interview questions.
    Number of Interviews: 4 total (2 first round on campus, 2 second round in the city)
    Perception of the people: Motivated, lot of pride in their firm being better than other Big 4 firms

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was "Why do you want to go into Audit versus Deloitte's other offerings (Tax, FAS, ERS, etc.)?"   View Answer