Deloitte

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – General Behavioral. Easy Case, there is no need to understand the industries they deal with (relative to standard consulting cases). The thing is they want YOU to know exactly where you want to be in their organization and the minute you show doubt of which area TR vs ARA they start doubting

Interview Questions

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2009.

Interview Details – Case interview - it's not about the answer but how you interact in a group-setting and how your thought process is.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult. Again, they just want to know you as a person as they look for client-ready consultant. Also, they look for personality traits if you would do well in our firm; work hard and play hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate. The fresh grad salaries at Deloitte is exceptional. Haven't heard anyone else beating them.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had an on-campus interview and went to the on-site interview in Chicago. There were 3 1-on-1 interviews and a group case interview. I felt like I was competing with everyone there. I prefer to work in a more collaborative environment where people are not constantly competing for clients or resources.

Interview Question – The case competition was hard since I interviewed with some people who did not understand english very well and two people were trying to lead the group and had to talk every two seconds. No collaboration allowed with the people I interviewed with.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Very Accounting focused. Seemed like a dog eat dog type of company

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for a place on the summer scheme. Process was straightforward - online application, numerical test then onsite interview. Onsite consisted of one competency interview, e tray exercise, case study and lunch with current analysts. E-tray involved sorting and responding to incoming emails, for the case study you had to write an essay. Note the interview was in 2008 but I can only select 2009 here.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard. Standard behavioural questions.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus first round interview which consisted of 30-minute behavioral and 30-minute case interview. The case interview revolved around one problem regarding the recent health care reform. The final round was in-office and consisted of one night with social mixer and dinner with the employees there and one day from 8am to 3pm of interviews (3 behavioral, 1 individual case, and 1 group case).

Interview Question – the most difficult part of the final round is the group case, because it is a human capital question that has little to do with actuarial knowledge. You are put into a team of 2 - 4 and the other candidates are non-actuarial human capital candidates. You are given an hour to work on the long question with an analyst that is supposed to keep you on track (but she was jotting down notes about us the whole time during our discussion). Then we present our powerpoint to 2 managers. They gruel you about your powerpoint afterwards, and if you are not familiar with human capital concepts, you will have a very hard time like I did.   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very tedious but I would understand why. After my fist phone interview where I was given basic interview questions, I made it to the next round which was another phone interview. This time, it was a case analysis. After passing this round, I was interviewed with a bunch of other candidates at the office. At the office, each of us presented in a group and 1:1 with several upper level managers. All in all, I was very impressed by the employees' love for the company. I could tell that the people I spoke to genuinely believed in working for Deloitte and they seem to enjoy what they do. The office employs cutting-edge technology in many areas and is a very comfortable environment to work in. In terms of wok culture, I am probably expected to deliver good results given that my job offer is above average.

Advice to future candidates: Start networking with Deloitte professionals through LinkedIn. Get to know their job scope and feedback on the work culture. Most importantly, be yourself as the stringent interview processes will most likely reveal any false impressions you try to hide.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over the other 50 candidates outside of this room?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. The offer was firm. The company pays above market and offers many attractive benefits other companies can only wish to offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte Actuarial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.