Deloitte Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

2 rounds on campus; first round was a basic behavioral from an SC/Manager; 2nd round was a 20 minute case, 3rd round was a more formal behavioral with a partner

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

2 interviews, each 30 minutes with 2 different individuals. Neither of these individuals had read my resume. One individual asked me questions from a list on his computer. One took a phone call at the beginning of the interview, lectured to me about how wonderful the company is, and sent/received text messages while I was speaking. The HR person was wildly incompetent: couldn't work out how to get me into the building, took me to the wrong floor, was awkward about introductions. When the HR person followed up with me, he did not give honest feedback about the interview and was very unprofessional. I would never work for Deloitte after this experience.

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New Haven, CT).

Interview

Interview consisted of a resume interview and a case interview. Case interview was very straightforward and followed a logical sequence. It would be difficult to get lost or off track. Math was not too bad either. The case dealt with a healthcare client looking to implement technology like mobile appointment scheduling as a cost saving measure. The only qualitative part of the question asked ways in which these new technologies might be cost saving.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had to deliver any sensitive information to someone. Completely caught me off guard and I couldn't think of a time I had.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Talked with HR representative, then one 45 minute phone case interview and one 45 minute behavioral interview. Both were very relaxed, the Case interviewer took time to get to know you before the start. Similarly, they pick an interviewer with a similar background as you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to complete a projected you were un interested in.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Very straightforward and somewhat standard to what other big consulting firms ask. The process was kind of slow between the first and second interview. Total of three interviews, each of which included one or two case questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific but some cases were more difficult than others.   Answer Question

Life.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied to the analyst position through university. First-round interview was on-campus. Two interviews: one case study, and one personality. Personality was a stressful experience; my interviewer started yawning and texting... probably a test of sorts.

Interview Questions

• If you've done so many cool engineering research projects in college, don't you think you'd be doing society an injustice by leaving academia?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Round one on campus. Round two at Deloitte location.

Interview Questions

• First round consisted of a 30 minute behavioral interview and 30 minute case interview. Second round was an all day event on a Saturday and a dinner the night before. Saturday consisted of a group study, 2 behavioral interviews, and an individual case interview. The group case included analyzing a case with a group of 5, a presentation of your solution to the "client" and then a question and answer session with the "client panel" (Deloitte interviewers).   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Great experience. Applied online. Consisted of behavioral and case interviews. All very straight forward, and the people with whom I interviewed were very professional and engaging. Definitely prepare for case studies, and if you are not very strong on the quant side do some work there. Process took around 4 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

I communicated with a campus recruiter throughout the entire process, which consisted of three rounds. First there is an initial resume/transcript screening, after which you will receive an invitation to schedule a 1 hour interview (I had a legitimate reason to be unavailable for campus interviews, and was able to reschedule and conduct this part over the phone. The interview is in two parts, half an hour each. The first consists of standard behavioral questions, and the second is a mini case analysis. This consists of 5 questions I believe, but most are not able to finish all questions in the time allotted. If you do, they keep another question in their pocket, which is a good thing if you get to answer. After the 1 hour interview, you will be invited into the office for another 1 hour interview. This interview is a two on one case study, and one of your interviewers will likely be a firm partner. For both case interviews, questions alternated between qualitative and quantitative.

Interview Questions

• As stupid as it sounds, I got tripped up by a question in which I was expected to provide a quantitative response without rounding. The number would have come out to four decimals, but I had to spend several minutes struggling to remember the process of doing long division by hand. You cannot let a question like that waste precious minutes during your interview with a firm partner!   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I went through Deloitte's recruiting process at my University. Overall, it was a great experience and I was able to network with many different people. I submitted my resume and was then called back for a first round interview. There were no surprises in the interview. The first half was a case study and the second half was behavioral. Even though I didn't get an offer, I would highly recommend going through the process. It felt like a crash course on the business world - something that was very useful for a humanities major like myself.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the factors you consider when making a difficult decision?   Answer Question