Deloitte

Average Difficulty
83 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Very straightforward and somewhat standard to what other big consulting firms ask. The process was kind of slow between the first and second interview. Total of three interviews, each of which included one or two case questions.

Interview Question – Nothing specific but some cases were more difficult than others.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Life.

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Applied to the analyst position through university. First-round interview was on-campus. Two interviews: one case study, and one personality. Personality was a stressful experience; my interviewer started yawning and texting... probably a test of sorts.

Interview Question – If you've done so many cool engineering research projects in college, don't you think you'd be doing society an injustice by leaving academia?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Interview Details – I communicated with a campus recruiter throughout the entire process, which consisted of three rounds. First there is an initial resume/transcript screening, after which you will receive an invitation to schedule a 1 hour interview (I had a legitimate reason to be unavailable for campus interviews, and was able to reschedule and conduct this part over the phone. The interview is in two parts, half an hour each. The first consists of standard behavioral questions, and the second is a mini case analysis. This consists of 5 questions I believe, but most are not able to finish all questions in the time allotted. If you do, they keep another question in their pocket, which is a good thing if you get to answer. After the 1 hour interview, you will be invited into the office for another 1 hour interview. This interview is a two on one case study, and one of your interviewers will likely be a firm partner. For both case interviews, questions alternated between qualitative and quantitative.

Interview Question – As stupid as it sounds, I got tripped up by a question in which I was expected to provide a quantitative response without rounding. The number would have come out to four decimals, but I had to spend several minutes struggling to remember the process of doing long division by hand. You cannot let a question like that waste precious minutes during your interview with a firm partner!   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication was with recruiter. After initial phone conversation, had several phone calls with various people in the firm ranging from consultant to partner which gave a good sense of what the firm was about as far as culture goes. In person interview was a series of three interviews back to back including behavioral and case study questions

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions asked... seems the firm really wants you to do well during the interview... no trick questions or anything to make you feel uncomfortable... although it didn't happen with me, i have heard of some horror stories..   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through an online recruiting channel for the Federal Analyst position. I also attended a webinar organized by Deloitte. I had a first round phone interview, which is what the following questions are from. The interviewer jumped right into 5 behavioral questions, no general "tell me about yourself" etc.

Interview Question – What do you know about the position?
Tell me about a time you had to deal with ambiguity.
Tell me about a time your integrity led to the direct outcome of a professional project.
Tell me about a time you had to use negotiation skills.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Round one on campus. Round two at Deloitte location.

Interview Question – First round consisted of a 30 minute behavioral interview and 30 minute case interview. Second round was an all day event on a Saturday and a dinner the night before. Saturday consisted of a group study, 2 behavioral interviews, and an individual case interview. The group case included analyzing a case with a group of 5, a presentation of your solution to the "client" and then a question and answer session with the "client panel" (Deloitte interviewers).   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Great experience. Applied online. Consisted of behavioral and case interviews. All very straight forward, and the people with whom I interviewed were very professional and engaging. Definitely prepare for case studies, and if you are not very strong on the quant side do some work there. Process took around 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Case interviews   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I went through Deloitte's recruiting process at my University. Overall, it was a great experience and I was able to network with many different people. I submitted my resume and was then called back for a first round interview. There were no surprises in the interview. The first half was a case study and the second half was behavioral. Even though I didn't get an offer, I would highly recommend going through the process. It felt like a crash course on the business world - something that was very useful for a humanities major like myself.

Interview Question – What are some of the factors you consider when making a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – Most behaviors questions. Focus on how well you can communicate.

Interview Question – All general questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a management consulting, Human Capital Analyst position in the fall of 2012. The first interview was with a recruiter by phone and the second interview was with a manager by phone. Both interviews covered my previous experiences and how my knowledge could be leveraged at the firm. Then I was invited to participate in interview day.

Interview day consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews: 1 behavioral, 1 that focused on my experience, and 1 case interview. I used HBR's (Harvard Busienss Review's) change management resources and Case In Point to prepare for the Case Study.

I was informed within 5 days that I was proposed an offer to join the firm.

Interview Question – Case Question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate my starting salary.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!