Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was probably the best that I have experienced. I was one of about 12 people getting interviewed and was really impressed with the organization and over all process. I left Deloitte excited to be part of the company. If you lack the integrity of what you put forth in your resume you will not do well.

Interview Question – The business case was probably the most trivial, and only because you either knew what you were talking about or you didn't.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was a simple process! Deloitte gathers pertinent information prior to sending out an offer.

Specialist Senior Interview

Specialist Senior
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was expecting technical interview as should be the case for technical position applied, but no technical questions were asked. The lady who interviewed was not technical, and didn't know much about the programming

Interview Question – None. They look at how well you can communicate. No skills evaluated   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Human Capital Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Interview Details – First submitted my resume through an internal referral at the end of March and was contacted the next day to talk with a recruiter. That was very laid back and really just to get an idea of what you are looking for and to get some more details about your resume. Need to make sure you build a rapport with your recruiter, they're your advocate throughout the process.

Then was scheduled for an initial phone interview with a Senior Manager. Was very behavioral and asked about most difficult class I've ever had and why, other "Tell me about a time when..." questions. Focuses were primarily on leadership and dealing with conflict.

Then was granted a second phone interview with another Senior Manager which was much more technical and went through a lot of the specific research experience that I had. He seemed to be gathering how much experience I had with it and what I felt comfortable with.

From there I was flown in to the Arlington Office, all expenses paid, for three in person interviews. One case and two behavioral interviews. The case was pretty straightforward and based off of actual client engagements that they are working on. Interesting to see what you would be doing and how you would handle solving the issues and the presenting resolutions to the client. Got an email the same day saying that I got positive feedback and was scheduled to talk with the Principal in charge. From there I was given a verbal offer and had the paperwork in the next two days.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. They were very clear about the process, make sure you know about Deloitte itself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't do much negotiation, it's a pretty standard package based on experience and education (I have my masters). Was very fair.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Senior Consultant - Human Capital
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview and one week later I was invited to a 3 part interview (technical, behavior, case study). I prepared and had everything ready to go and the interview was AWESOME! The staff were very kind and I was asked 1000 times if I wanted a beverage. While sitting in the lobby, several employees were stopping by to pick up t-shirts for Deloitte's volunteer day. I inquired about how the company ensures work life integration (I read this was an issue for several employees) and was informed this is an area Deloitte is seeking to improve. Overall a great experience!

Interview Question – What are some challenges you face in your current position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations depend on level of experience and any specialties or clearances you have.

FAS Senior Associate Interview

FAS Senior Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – I answered a position advertised in the Deloitte Portal for a Senior Associate in the Financial Advisory Services group. Once submitted, I received an email from a recruiter within 3 days. I interviewed with two Managers and one Principal within one month of my initial application.

Interview Question – None. The interview was very straight forward on the job requirements.   Answer Question

Federal Consultant Interview

Federal Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

Interview Details – 2-3 Phone Screeners then an interview day with 30 minute interviews with a PPD. Each of the 30 minute interviews will focus on something specific: 1. Typical Background and skills 2. Case Study Interview 3. Behavioral questions but more like the first.

Interview Question – Full Business Case interview.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview is generally 20 minutes and pretty much involves the recruiter getting to know you. Once you go over basic details of your resume they will set up a call with one of the practitioners.

My second interview was with a Specialist Master in the Systems Integration practice. He probed me a bit on my resume just to see if I could speak to what I wrote. He also asked general questions to understand my technical acumen. They look for a couple of things in this conversation: whether to place you in the functional or technical bucket, and if you're good within that bucket. Not a hard interview at all

The 3rd interview consist of 3 interviews consisting of behavioral, case, and "general". My first was the case interview. They asked me how I would approach a new small-scale IT modernization project where we're just updating the legacy system. It was pretty straightforward and I just dropped some SDLC on them. Behavioral is just a typical behavioral interview...just be yourself. The "general" interview is just a chat with Principal, Partner, or Director about your work style and how you feel about certain things like work/life balance

Negotiation Details – I gave them a number...they pushed back a little but it was pretty much take it or leave it to me. Plus I had Booz Allen in the backpocket and they were already taking a lot of their employees.

It's usually good to have a Big 4 or Booz in the mix

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I had to go through a phone interview and 3 in person interview.

Interview Question – Business Cases. behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was able to increase my salary by only 5K. they had a limit and couldn't pay more. some people get sign in bonus

ERS Consultant Interview

ERS Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – There is 1 major interview which lasts 3 hours. You get to meet a manager, senior manager, and a director/partner. Be prepared to answer technical questions, behavioral questions, and know about the company. T

Interview Question – I had a few creative behavioral questions. One of them "do you have experience selling something"? It is hard to answer for someone who has never done sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I just took whatever they offered because I wanted the job. My advice is go ahead and negotiate, as they will not give you a huge pay increase.

ERS Consultant Interview

ERS Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. We went through the normal phone screen. The recruiter did a quick walkthrough of my resume and told me about the position. It took about a week to hear back from the hiring manager. The whole process is through your recruiter. The hiring manager lets the recruiter know the go/no-go decision and the recruiter contacts you. Then your interviews are set up and the recruiter lets you know tithe decision. The recruiter will also do the negotiation for you to the partners. Let the recruiter know everything you can think of about yourself that can help get you the best initial offer from the partners.

Once the recruiter let me know I was approved by the hiring manager, I had 4 interviews in the office back to back. They put you in an interview room and the interviewers rotate between all the candidates there. Interviews: Two behavioral interviews (one with a manager and one with a senior manager). One technical interview, but it was just going through my resume and talking about my experiences. The interviewer would pick a line and say "Tell me more about what that entails". You definitely need to know your resume. One partner interview. It was really just a conversation about the culture. It was to make sure I fit in. I was only asked one question and that was "what areas within ERS are you interested in."(Make sure you have done your research into what the area does)

All the interviews were exactly 30 minutes and they stop on time. They were all like conversations. The behavioral interviewers would ask a "tell me about a time when..." question, I would give my answer and then we would discuss how that applies to the job. I was asked questions like tell me how you have handled working with a difficult team member; why Deloitte (everyone asked me this); why this position; tell me about a time you have worked with a difficult client. Because of all the discussion in between and the time limit, I was not asked that many questions from each interviewer.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would handle a situation where no senior or manager is available and the client needs an answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a offer higher than my current pay and asked for a sign on bonus which I got. I think it does not hurt to ask since they have already shown their interest by giving you an offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte interview questions and advice in Arlington, VA. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.