Deloitte

2.9

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

The process was relatively fast. Big 4 accounting firms are 'BIG" on referral hires versus outside applications, just FYI for anyone looking to work for them. I was referred by someone within, through a former co-worker of mine. We spoke about my work experience, and then I was referred to another person about a few days later who spoke to me about my work experience. She then forwarded up my information and i received the interview within a week.

The interviews itself, again depend on location, the position applied for, and the people who interview you. They have your resume in front of them, so try not to lie and they usually know if you know what you're talking about. There 3 interviews, each back to back, lasting 30 mins. The first one primarily asked about work experience; things such was was rewarding, what could i have done different and just to explain each jobs responsibilities while I was there. The second and third interviews were open-floor. I did most of the question asking, with them asking a few as well. This is the part where you want to show that you did research on them, which should be factored into your questions. Don't be too technical, they each told me the like people with personalities. The key word to hit on is PERSONABLE, that word will take you VERY far. That same week I was informed that I they had chosen me.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a question that was too difficult. I think each experience depends on the location of the office for the interview and the people interviewing you as well as the position you are applying for. Each of the three individuals I met with were very pleasant to talk to. It felt more like a conversation than a interview.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

I was contacted late June 2014 and the process took approximately 3 weeks (only because of July 4th, or it would be 2 weeks). This is for FEDERAL BTA, which means you will be working on government stuff.

I was called by the recruiting coordinator. She was nice and wanted to help me as much as possible. We talked a bit about what the job was about and its location (consider it a very laid back interview, but dont discount that you can 'fail' it), and she asked me about relocation and salary and basic requisites like US citizenship and all that, then she paired me up with an interviewer.

1st Round- Technical Interview:
    As someone with a STEM degree, I was paired up with a developer for a initial technical phone interview. Be very careful, it is indeed technical. The person will be a senior specialist who knows their stuff and will definitely know when you are trying to play him/her. They will DEFINITELY scour your resume and ask you questions from it. Here are some questions I wrote down for yall:
    what is the difference between scripting and object oriented languages?
    what is the primary thing about oo languages?
    how to SELECT from a table (relational database)?
    what is a relational database?
    What is the steps in SDLC?
    What are JOIN?
    What is AJAX? You know what it means? What is it used for? Give me an example if an AJAX website.

They can ask other meta questions. However do not base your preparations off of my exact questions. Base them of the format or depth. I told them I knew Java and the interviewer decided to test my knowledge on concepts. So kinda at least understand all terms and stuff you used in your resume.

2nd Round- All in one:
    I had a case, technical and culture fit/behavioural interview. 3 different people in different timeslots, singularly, in one day spanning 2 hours. Now, my situation is most likely going to be different from most of the reader's, because I had special arrangements. I had to do a teleconference (video chat) interview rather than a regular normal fly-to-location - face to face interview that my peers most likely did. So since I would be working in another state, I was asked by Deloitte to go their office in my current state (which is not where I am gonna work) and video chat them from there. Interesting experience, but each interview was exactly 30 minutes with the interviewers being cut off/interrupted when another has to come in (its all automatic). So yeah...
    But it was great and super prompt. I had the interview on friday and heard on monday.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Know your SDLC. Know your technical stuff (if you are STEM major, like myself) , practice case interviews and you should be fine. I am quite sure what they really want is a personable person (this is super important) who knows their stuff. See below:   View Answers (2)
    As someone who was out of college 6 months prior, I had some say into what I wanted, because for some reason i was regarded as an experienced hire since I wasnt hired right out of college. However I was careful about it, because I had needed the job. So it ended being the avg that BTAs get paid with a signing bonus for relocation needs.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

The interview process was probably the best that I have experienced. I was one of about 12 people getting interviewed and was really impressed with the organization and over all process. I left Deloitte excited to be part of the company. If you lack the integrity of what you put forth in your resume you will not do well.

Interview Questions
    • The business case was probably the most trivial, and only because you either knew what you were talking about or you didn't.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was a simple process! Deloitte gathers pertinent information prior to sending out an offer.

Specialist Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

I was expecting technical interview as should be the case for technical position applied, but no technical questions were asked. The lady who interviewed was not technical, and didn't know much about the programming

Interview Questions
    • None. They look at how well you can communicate. No skills evaluated   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

First submitted my resume through an internal referral at the end of March and was contacted the next day to talk with a recruiter. That was very laid back and really just to get an idea of what you are looking for and to get some more details about your resume. Need to make sure you build a rapport with your recruiter, they're your advocate throughout the process.

Then was scheduled for an initial phone interview with a Senior Manager. Was very behavioral and asked about most difficult class I've ever had and why, other "Tell me about a time when..." questions. Focuses were primarily on leadership and dealing with conflict.

Then was granted a second phone interview with another Senior Manager which was much more technical and went through a lot of the specific research experience that I had. He seemed to be gathering how much experience I had with it and what I felt comfortable with.

From there I was flown in to the Arlington Office, all expenses paid, for three in person interviews. One case and two behavioral interviews. The case was pretty straightforward and based off of actual client engagements that they are working on. Interesting to see what you would be doing and how you would handle solving the issues and the presenting resolutions to the client. Got an email the same day saying that I got positive feedback and was scheduled to talk with the Principal in charge. From there I was given a verbal offer and had the paperwork in the next two days.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. They were very clear about the process, make sure you know about Deloitte itself.   Answer Question
    Didn't do much negotiation, it's a pretty standard package based on experience and education (I have my masters). Was very fair.

Senior Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Started with a phone interview and one week later I was invited to a 3 part interview (technical, behavior, case study). I prepared and had everything ready to go and the interview was AWESOME! The staff were very kind and I was asked 1000 times if I wanted a beverage. While sitting in the lobby, several employees were stopping by to pick up t-shirts for Deloitte's volunteer day. I inquired about how the company ensures work life integration (I read this was an issue for several employees) and was informed this is an area Deloitte is seeking to improve. Overall a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • What are some challenges you face in your current position?   View Answer
    Negotiations depend on level of experience and any specialties or clearances you have.

FAS Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I answered a position advertised in the Deloitte Portal for a Senior Associate in the Financial Advisory Services group. Once submitted, I received an email from a recruiter within 3 days. I interviewed with two Managers and one Principal within one month of my initial application.

Interview Questions
    • None. The interview was very straight forward on the job requirements.   Answer Question

Federal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

2-3 Phone Screeners then an interview day with 30 minute interviews with a PPD. Each of the 30 minute interviews will focus on something specific: 1. Typical Background and skills 2. Case Study Interview 3. Behavioral questions but more like the first.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

Phone interview is generally 20 minutes and pretty much involves the recruiter getting to know you. Once you go over basic details of your resume they will set up a call with one of the practitioners.

My second interview was with a Specialist Master in the Systems Integration practice. He probed me a bit on my resume just to see if I could speak to what I wrote. He also asked general questions to understand my technical acumen. They look for a couple of things in this conversation: whether to place you in the functional or technical bucket, and if you're good within that bucket. Not a hard interview at all

The 3rd interview consist of 3 interviews consisting of behavioral, case, and "general". My first was the case interview. They asked me how I would approach a new small-scale IT modernization project where we're just updating the legacy system. It was pretty straightforward and I just dropped some SDLC on them. Behavioral is just a typical behavioral interview...just be yourself. The "general" interview is just a chat with Principal, Partner, or Director about your work style and how you feel about certain things like work/life balance

I gave them a number...they pushed back a little but it was pretty much take it or leave it to me. Plus I had Booz Allen in the backpocket and they were already taking a lot of their employees.

It's usually good to have a Big 4 or Booz in the mix

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

I had to go through a phone interview and 3 in person interview.

Interview Questions
    i was able to increase my salary by only 5K. they had a limit and couldn't pay more. some people get sign in bonus

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!