Deloitte Interview Questions in Arlington, VA

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by one face-face interview. The initial phone interview is basically for HR to ensure you can speak proper English and present yourself articulately over the phone. The face-face interview was a lot less intense than I expected.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were the typical 'walk through your resume', tell us what your biggest accomplishment is, and the typical behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Consultant - Strategy & Operations (Supply Chain Practice) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Contacted by Federal Recruiter
    2. 30 minute phone screen
    3. On- Site Interview:
          - Case analysis
          - Behavioral Q's
          - Fit Interview w/ Partner/ Director
    4. 2 days later I received heads up that I had been selected

Overall, my experiences with Deloitte have been great. The HR recruiting process is efficient and effective from start to finish. A dedicated recruiting coordinator will set up your onsite interview logistics and will answer any questions that you have. I want to note that I was very impressed by Deloitte's office building in Roslyn, VA.

Interviews-

1. Case analysis w/ Mgr, very relaxed and conversational. These cases are intentionally sparse with info as the interviewer wants to see your thought process and if you demonstrate the skills of a consultant.

My advice- ask questions, make sure you are clear on the problem, ask for guidance if you need it and master case interview frameworks. Even if you have no idea where to start knowing case frameworks will be a tremendous help. When in doubt, break the case down into segments- pieces.

2. Behavioral/ experience related questions w/ Sr Mgr, this was my favorite interview. I interviewed with a very outgoing, fun, loose personality. I felt at ease and the 30 minute interview was indeed a conversation between the two of us.

My advice- know your resume and demonstrate that your experience and skills are complementary to the firms needs.

3. Fit interview w/ practice area Partner/ Director, be yourself and be clear on the reasons why you are sitting in that chair wanting to work at Deloitte.

My advice- prepare in advance by doing personal assessment.

Risk Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

An HR representation reached out to me after finding my profile through their application program. I had given up applying for jobs there, for lack of feedback. There was an initial interview with the HR representative, about 30 minutes. Very general, kind of just walk through your resume and have a conversation. Invited for an in-person interview, where you have 3 30 minutes interviews. One with a lower level analyst, then a manager, and then a director or partner. They didn't really care too much about my technical skills and seemed more to want people that were analytical thinkers, and could learn new technical skills quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your strength and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

An employee sent in my CV for a specific position back in late November, but I received an email stating that my experience was not a fit for that position and didn't hear anything else for months. I did eventually hear from Deloitte HR in late February, and the process went incredibly fast after that.
    I spoke with a recruiter over the phone, and after discussing my experience she immediately scheduled me to come into the Rosslyn office for a series of three interviews in one day. A week and a half later I went in for the interviews. I stayed in one small room and three employees (manager, senior manager, and principal) rotated around to talk with me.
    There were three interviews: fit, behavioral, and case. The fit and behavioral interviews were very relaxed and mainly revolved around my previous work and how I handled specific situations (how did you handle a situation when your team members did not agree on an issue?). The interviewers were incredibly nice and made me feel immediately at ease. The case interview started a little tense (I was nervous), and they asked me about implementing a new system at a government agency. I wasn't quite expecting this, as I do not have a technical background at all, so make sure you know the SDLC basics. It was a relatively short case, and I relaxed as the interviewer answered my questions.
    It really seemed like the priority was how well you present yourself and how enthusiastic you are about the position and the company. Remember to relax!

Interview Questions

• Case: Talk me through a system implementation at a federal agency.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume in advance of a Deloitte-hosted networking event. Within 18 hours of uploading my resume I was contacted for an initial screening interview. The call was about 40 minutes: What did your manager say on your last performance review? Why are you looking to leave your company? What level do you think you should come into? The next day I was contacted to come in for an in person interview. My interview was scheduled for 10 days later, after work hours. Its as a series of 3, 30 minute interviews. The first was a fit interview: walk me through your resume; have you had to do stakeholder engagement? Asked a question about how I can balance multiple priorities and clients at a time; asked a few clarifying questions about my experience. Second interview was a case study, pretty straight forward; only had time for the interviewer question: what are the organizational challenges. The third was a technical fit interview: what do you like about Human Capital? Where do you see the strengths of your experience? We are considering you for senior consultant--can you talk about your experience with teams?

My interview was on a Thursday and I got a call the following Wednesday confirming information on my application, and informed me they would be making an offer. Offer was made the following Monday. The whole process took less than 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your Resume?
      What experience do you have with working in and managing teams?
      At Deloitte, there is an expectation to work on your client project but also contribute to Deloitte HQ activities--have you worked in a position before where you have to switch back-and-forth from priorities in this way?

Answer Question

Federal Human Capital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first was a structural interview conducted by telephone. The second was a cultural interview conducted by an senior executive. The last was a case study interview.

Interview Questions

• Challenges I experienced in my current job and how I overcame them   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter from Deloitte reached out to me to via email. We arranged a call and spoke for 30 minutes about my background, the position and my salary expectations. The next week I came in and had three 30 minute in-person interviews. The first was a case study with a Specialist Manager, the second a consulting interview with a Senior Manager and the third a technical interview with a Senior Manager. My advice for the case study is to just organize your thoughts, ask questions and think out loud. They're not looking for the correct answer, they're looking to see your thought processes. There are plenty of examples online to help prepare. The last two interviews were very easy. They were just simple conversations about my background and the position at Deloitte and they didn't grill me on anything. This interview went well, but unfortunately everything went downhill afterward.

HR emailed me the next day saying everything went well and that I should expect an offer in 1-2 days. A week later I get an email saying I need to speak with a Director first and that they will schedule that for me in the next 24 hours. A week goes by and I hear nothing. I ask for an update and get no response. Another week goes by and I ask for an update again and they tell me they that will schedule the call with the Director soon. ANOTHER week goes by and they finally schedule the final phone interview with the Director a couple days later.

The phone call was a 20 minute behavioral interview done over the phone while the interviewer was driving. Behavioral interviews are annoying enough as is, but doing it over the phone with someone in their car while their reception was going in and out? I waited a month for this?

Another two weeks go by before I finally get the offer, which ended up being a lowball offer at a position lower than what was discussed. Definitely negotiate any offer--they didn't budge on the salary, but they did offer a signing bonus.

This whole interview process was a negative experience. The employer is typically supposed to treat you well during the interview process since they're trying to convince you to work there. However, Deloitte routinely ignored my emails, provided me with non answers and lacked the courtesy you should extend to any fellow human being, let alone any prospective employee.

If you need a job and have no problems with being worked into the ground by a rude employer for mediocre pay, Deloitte is the place for you.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I first had a 45 minute phone screen which was pretty standard--no surprise questions, although Q1 was "What did your supervisor say about you in your recent performance evaluation?"

After that, invited for in-person interview. Three, 30 minute interviews one right after the other. The first was walking the interviewer through my resume, the second was a case study, and the last was an interview specifically about my technical skills and capabilities.

The process went very quickly and the overall candidate experience I would rate very high.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      Tell me about your client-facing experience
      How do you manage multiple, distinct responsibilities?

Answer Question

Human Capital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

The on campus interview consisted of one behavioral and one individual case. Two weeks later, I received an email that I was invited back for their Blitz day. Blitz was at the Deloitte office and consisted of one behavioral, one group case, and two individual cases.

Pretty standard behavioral interviews. The case interview was not a typical strategy case that you would see in a book like Case in Point, it was much more Human Capital related and none of mine included any numbers or quantitative aspects. That said, they still expected you to take notes and apply a strong framework (people, processes, technology worked well for all of mine) in preparing your answer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me specifics about the statistics software I had listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the pay was solid.

Strategy and Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position at the beginning of September and was contacted by HR in the second week of December.

There was a screening phone call with the HR representative where we discussed my background and salary requirements. Following the phone call I was scheduled for an interview the following week.

The interview was a three part round-robin. The first interview was with a Sr. Consultant and was a case study. The second interview with a Manager was behavioral. And the third interview was technical also with a manager. The behavioral and technical interviews are very conversational so relax and be yourself. Word to the wise, the case study interview is not like the practice case studies on Deloitte's website, but still worth working through. Overall the experience was very good.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem you see at your current job? How would you change it?   Answer Question