Deloitte Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Long Hiring Process- Lasted for close to 3 months. Total rounds including versant and vantage - was 6. People are very friendly and approachable. Open door policy is awesome- once don't need to think twice meeting with any leader or professional.

Not negotiable - got a hike of nearly 100%... even though I was still below the market standard

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

This company has an amazing talent acquisition team. My profile was sourced from the company website where I had applied. Kudos to them!

First two were mandatory communication tests which are not very difficult. You need to stay focused while taking them up.

The interviewers are the ones I liked the most. I was kind of nervous at the beginning but when they entered the meeting room, the atmosphere completely changed. They were so professional in their approach that I felt very comfortable talking with them.

The discussion went on for an hour or so. I was satisfied with my performance. I am yet to hear back from the HR!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. All were situation based and there is no right or wrong answers for those.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Question – Some questions from my interview included.
    -tell me about yourself
    -what's your view on the market in 3-6 months
    -what is a risk factor to the ____industry
    -tell me about a stock I should invest in

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question – Some questions from my interview included.
      -tell me about yourself
      -what's your view on the market in 3-6 months
      -what is a risk factor to the ____industry
      -tell me about a stock I should invest in

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Getting a job in Deloitte was a great thing given my background experience.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think I had to face any difficult question. Everything sounded pretty straight.   Answer Question
    Compensation package was hiked a bit.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Deloitte.

Recruitment was via an agency. The interview process was in two phases. The first was with a Manager. He was very friendly, made me feel at ease. I got the feeling he wanted to know if I was a people person in addition to being able to audit financial statements. the second phase was with the audit partner. I think I was more of a formality than any real test of my knowledge. I believe the 2nd interview was to assess me as a person from the partner's point of view.

No negotiations. There is a standard rate by HR

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

It is a good process

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Very slow process and required a lot of follow-up. Nobody from the HR team gets back to you if you apply on their career website called RMS which seems like a complete waste of time. I had to go through a walk-in to get on their radar, nothing worthwhile came out of this experience which in retrospect turned out to be an ordeal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

Deloitte has a very simple interview process which might take upto 3 weeks time.

1st round of technical discussion if you are into IT.
    If shortlisted, then you have 2nd round of technical discussion.
    If shortlisted, then you have a behavioural round conducted by the practise head.

The most crucial interview would be Versant - English communication test. This tests your communication capabilities. You have to take this test to qualify. Depending on the level that you are hired, the % is calculated. This test is similar to MAT/ CAT communication test. You need to pay lot of attention to it.

Interview Questions
    • Versant & Vantage: There are two tests for all HR professionals. Versant tests your spoken english and Vantage tests your Written English skills.   View Answers (2)
    Negotiation is of very less options. Depending on the interview process, you will be positioned. Depending on your position that you are looked at, then the compensation is decided. Usually there is very less room for negotiation as the bands are fixed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

First is the HR round, then Technical and Partner round to get through the interview. Study all the relevant standards and tax laws and all those you have studied in CA final examination.

Interview Questions
    Take as per company policy if you cant bargain

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

Had two rounds of Technical and one HR round

Interview Questions
    • Explain how I played a team leader role and back it up by examples   Answer Question
    They agreed and matched my expectations