Deloitte

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Williamstown, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

Interview Details – Went through college career center and applied with a cover letter and resume. Was notified through university online portal and put in touch with a recruiter who sent me links to complete a background check. She helped me schedule my interview. It was a forty minute interview with two consultants. One was a get to know you and the other was a business case.

Interview Question – It was a business case question.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Sent my resume in and was contacted right away via email from an HR rep. Interview went relatively smoothly, very basic fit questions based off of my resume alone. (Tell me about your time at ... , what did you learn while working at ... , etc.) Position I was applying for was actually unavailable (they received my resume from an employee referral), but they did offer me the option of applying for a different position just to get my feet in the door which I thought was generous.

Interview Question – None, all straightforward   Answer Question

Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview took almost all day, in which the first half of the day will be a real interview with 4 different people from different functions. The interview was fairly comfortable with 1 on 1 interview. The last one was with the director of the branch. The second part of the interview day was having lunch with Deloitte's staff in Tulsa, in which you will have to interact with your potential co-workers if you are selected. The over all of the interview was great and easy going. I love the way they conduct the interview. It was pretty organized and friendly whereas it will release some of your nervousness.

Interview Question – Pretty much all the questions asked were general and expected. Some of the example of questions:
-Tell me about yourself?
-Why should we hire you?
-What kind of experience do you have?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation for freshly graduated candidates.

Arlington, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

Interview Details – I got in touch with the Deloitte recruiter via my alumni association. A recruiter touched base with me and indicated they were looking to invite several Junior Military Officers to a hiring event. They made adequate travel arrangements for me to fly cross coast. The interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews from various federal consultants. Only one was a case interview. The case interview was VERY qualitative and, in my opinion, not very difficult. The feedback I received was that I was not enthusiastic enough about the case interview. This is fair, considering the problem set could not have been more boring. Perhaps this is an indication that I'm not a good fit for consulting :) After being shown the door the recruiter was nice enough to follow up with me and touch base about possibly interviewing again in the future.

Interview Question – Nothing you wouldn't expect from a behavior interview or a qualitative case interview. I didn't really experience anything challenging or stimulating through the process, but that may be indicative of the career field as a whole.   Answer Question

Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews- staff was friendly, relaxed. No trickery. First interview was a case study involving an operations problem solving problem. Second was organisational effectiveness. All round - fair interviews. Communication was good and regular.

Interview Question – Technical question related to supply chain management   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer from MBB

Wellington (New Zealand)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, was called for a phone interview several days later

Interview Question – Why Deloitte?   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

Interview Details – After 3 rounds of telephonic interviews (including case round over the phone), they flew in candidates from parts of the country for 3 rounds of interviews. These consisted of case study round, behavioral and a partner round of interviews.

They stress on why you want to be in consulting? The case rounds are standard as in any other consulting firm.

It was well organized with lunch provided and all expenses covered by Deloitte.

Interview Question – Why consulting?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

Interview Details – Did two interviews back to back, one was a fit interview, the other a case study, got stuck on the question, have you ever had an "aha" moment? Other questions were things such as, "why consulting?" "Walk me through your resume", "Talk about a time you had to work on a team"

Interview Question – Talk about a time you had an "aha" moment.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte Associate Consultant interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.