Deloitte

Deloitte Associate Consultant Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Sent my resume in and was contacted right away via email from an HR rep. Interview went relatively smoothly, very basic fit questions based off of my resume alone. (Tell me about your time at ... , what did you learn while working at ... , etc.) Position I was applying for was actually unavailable (they received my resume from an employee referral), but they did offer me the option of applying for a different position just to get my feet in the door which I thought was generous.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

I got in touch with the Deloitte recruiter via my alumni association. A recruiter touched base with me and indicated they were looking to invite several Junior Military Officers to a hiring event. They made adequate travel arrangements for me to fly cross coast. The interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews from various federal consultants. Only one was a case interview. The case interview was VERY qualitative and, in my opinion, not very difficult. The feedback I received was that I was not enthusiastic enough about the case interview. This is fair, considering the problem set could not have been more boring. Perhaps this is an indication that I'm not a good fit for consulting :) After being shown the door the recruiter was nice enough to follow up with me and touch base about possibly interviewing again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing you wouldn't expect from a behavior interview or a qualitative case interview. I didn't really experience anything challenging or stimulating through the process, but that may be indicative of the career field as a whole.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamstown, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamstown, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

Went through college career center and applied with a cover letter and resume. Was notified through university online portal and put in touch with a recruiter who sent me links to complete a background check. She helped me schedule my interview. It was a forty minute interview with two consultants. One was a get to know you and the other was a business case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

The interview took almost all day, in which the first half of the day will be a real interview with 4 different people from different functions. The interview was fairly comfortable with 1 on 1 interview. The last one was with the director of the branch. The second part of the interview day was having lunch with Deloitte's staff in Tulsa, in which you will have to interact with your potential co-workers if you are selected. The over all of the interview was great and easy going. I love the way they conduct the interview. It was pretty organized and friendly whereas it will release some of your nervousness.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much all the questions asked were general and expected. Some of the example of questions:
      -Tell me about yourself?
      -Why should we hire you?
      -What kind of experience do you have?

Answer Question
    There was not any negotiation for freshly graduated candidates.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2013.

Two interviews- staff was friendly, relaxed. No trickery. First interview was a case study involving an operations problem solving problem. Second was organisational effectiveness. All round - fair interviews. Communication was good and regular.

Offer from MBB

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

After 3 rounds of telephonic interviews (including case round over the phone), they flew in candidates from parts of the country for 3 rounds of interviews. These consisted of case study round, behavioral and a partner round of interviews.

They stress on why you want to be in consulting? The case rounds are standard as in any other consulting firm.

It was well organized with lunch provided and all expenses covered by Deloitte.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington (New Zealand)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Submitted application online, was called for a phone interview several days later

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

Did two interviews back to back, one was a fit interview, the other a case study, got stuck on the question, have you ever had an "aha" moment? Other questions were things such as, "why consulting?" "Walk me through your resume", "Talk about a time you had to work on a team"

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had an "aha" moment.   View Answer