Deloitte

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.9

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

2 on campus interviews

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

It is always a pleasure to talk to anyone in Deloitte. everyone from the hiring staff to the partner are really good and polite to talk. They will always focus on the work life balance and other important things about your development. They are more welcoming in nature

Associate Interview

The phone interview was lengthy and other party seemed disinterested. While a big company, i would look to see what else is out there.

Associate Interview

The interviewers are quite friendly and no hard question. I really enjoy talking to their people.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question. All questions are based on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

two rounds of interviews. First round is mainly behavioral questions. Second round has some case study and technical interview questions.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interviewed with three different people. Director, Manager, and Senior Associate. Interviews with each person were supposed to be 30 minutes but extended to about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly about previous work experience, and how it relates to position I was being interviewed for. There were behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Phone interview, and then 1-1 interview with 3 people

Did not negotiate. Big mistake

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2013.

Applied for non-consultant track position in Deloitte Consulting through the Experienced Hire process, though the position was entry-level and it looked like the other interviewees were recent college grads like myself. Filled out very detailed job application with work history on the Deloitte website as well as submitting a resume/cover letter.

Four weeks later, I got a call from a Deloitte recruiter who wanted to schedule a phone screen for the following week. We talked some about the duties of the position and he asked me for a salary range. When I answered, he responded that their budget was capped a little lower than what I had asked for, and I said that I was still interested. He told me he was going to pass me along to the next round, and soon after I got an email from another person (a scheduler) wanting to set up a phone screen with the actual hiring manager. That call took about 45 minutes, as we talked about Deloitte, what the group does within Deloitte, what the position would be, etc. Both phone screens were very informational, and not at all like an interview. There was a definite vibe of just wanting to get a feel for me and make sure I knew what the position was all about. Afterwards, the hiring manager said she wanted to bring me in for a final face-to-face interview. I set up a time with the scheduler for the following week.

When I arrived at Deloitte, the place was mostly deserted, since much of the office space there serves as a home base for consultants who spend the majority of their time onsite with clients. We used an empty office, and I interviewed with three separate people in half-hour blocks, one right after the other. The first interview was with the hiring manager, who mostly answered my questions, and gave me a really thorough breakdown of the culture and working environment at Deloitte and within the group, as well as telling me about the structure and the other employees.

The second interview was with a team lead. I would have been her direct report. She conducted a traditional interview with very typical questions - why do you want to work here, what in your experience makes you a good fit, etc. I'm paraphrasing, but it was nothing that threw me for a loop. I felt that she and I had a very good rapport, and I felt really great after the second interview.

The third interview was with another group member at the same grade as the second interviewer, but outside the direct hierarchy. She did a behavioral interview with ten questions, and took extremely copious notes - in a half hour, she completely filled both sides of her sheet of paper. They were doing all their interviews in two afternoons and were on a very tight schedule, so after half an hour she walked me to the elevator and that was that.

I had a really excellent interview experience at Deloitte. All three interviewers were friendly and set me at ease, and I had a great feeling when I left. I was told that, whoever they hired, they were looking to make an offer the following week. Before I heard back from them, however, I received an offer from another firm paying significantly more than Deloitte was able to for that position. After giving Deloitte notice that I had gotten another offer and not hearing anything back, I accepted the other offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty straightforward, there's not one that stuck out as being particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

Applied for the job online through a referral. Got a call about 2 months later requesting a phone interview. Scheduled an in person interview later that week. Interview consisted of 8 one-on-one interviews, and lunch with two employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

The interview consisted of several one on one and group interviews where primarily personality questions were asked. A lot of questions on my part were required to keep the interview flowing at times, so have questions ready.

Interview Questions
    • What goals do you have in working for a big four company?   Answer Question