Deloitte

Average Difficulty
52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Deloitte Consulting recruiter through LinkedIn - I have 10+ years experience implementing government healthcare systems and 20+ years of solid IT project experience.

I had two calls with the Deloitte recruiter and both went very well. Then I had a technical interview with a senior manager who had lead the technical design work for a very large project they had bid on - the project they were recruiting for - in government healthcare. According to the recruiter, I did extremely well and he schedule the local office visit.

The day before the office interview visit, the recruiter called me and said he had forgotten to ask my current salary. I told him my current salary and there was a long silence. I asked if my current salary was inline with their compensation plan and he said it would not be an issue. The tone of the recruiter's voice was noticably different than it was at the beginning of the call.

The next day I went to the office and started with the case study. The interviewer was young and a bit nerdy but appeared to be very smart. The case study was not related to healthcare IT but according to the recruiter, I nailed it. He said that most people who fail, fail on the case study portion of the interview.

The other two interviews were rather strange. One guy was a partner. He was about my age but appeared to be at least 20 years older. He spent most of our scheduled 30 minutes telling me about the previous day when he arrived at the airport and found the tire on his new MB was flat. He was outraged that the dealer wanted to charge him $1,000 for a new rim - and how he couldn't possibly have bent a rim on his new expensive car. I asked him a lot of questions about why the firm wanted to get into the government healthcare IT space. He admitted that he had no healthcare experience and his response was basically - we've studied the market and that's where the money is.

The other guy, a senior manager, appeared to be recovering from a serious case of jet lag. He asked a few strange questions. He was reading them from his laptop and even he found them difficult to read out loud. They appeared to be a bunch of buzz words strung together in an attempt to form a hypothetical question. I obviously bombed this interview because the questions were so absurd.

I have a master degree from a top tier school and significant industry experience and I thought that two of the three interviews were a total waste of time. This was an opportunity for Deloitte to impress me and to sell me on coming to work for them. After all, they are trying to break into a mature industry that my current company has dominated for three decades. Instead, they appeared to have one bright young consultant and two burned out members of their 'leadership" team who are showing up just to fulfill their obligatory interview time on Friday after a week of being out of town.

I left the interview knowing that I would probably not receive an offer and if I did, I was probably not going to accept it. I was disappointed that I had wasted a day off, but there was one benefit from going through the interview experience. If Deloitte's arcane interview process does not change, and they are only interested in hiring androids, then the companies that dominate the healthcare IT industry do not need to worry about Deloitte winning any new business.

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Business Valuation Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview was over the phone with a manager at the group. Conversation revolved around my interest in valuation, industries that I followed etc. A behavioral round with emphasis on why I decided to enter the field and why I was interested in Deloitte in particular.

Final round at the office with 4 managers. A technical round with basic questions on valuation methods (how will you value a private company, what market multiple would you use to value a bank), financial statement analysis (how are patents recognized on the balance sheet, what ratio would give you an indication of the firm's ability to pay of it's interest expense etc.).

Interview Question – Challenges of valuing a physician practice?   View Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

Audit Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through school, received offer for LLC, then from that offer for internship, did a good job there and was offered a position full time. Interviews are all behavioral and really lad back.

Interview Question – "You lead this interview, ask me what you want to know? Ok, what else? what else? (For 30 minutes)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - all 1st years are offered the same starting salary.

Very Difficult Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – An external recruiter performed the initial contact and pre-screening with me via telephone. She also provided interviewing tips verbally and in writing. Once I passed the pre-screening call, I spoke with a Deloitte recruiting professional. After the second call, I the external recruiter informed me that Deloitte wanted to schedule a set of in-person interviews with four consultants and managers.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was posed to me outside of an interview. A consultant asked me if I would be willing to work 7 days a week (4 days away from home in another city, 1 day in a Deloitte office and 2 days on the weekend).   View Answer

BTA Summer Scholar Interview Interview

BTA Summer Scholar Interview
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – Round 1- 30 min behavioral/30 min case study on financial company who acquired multiple companies and needs to move to one reporting system

Round 2- 45 min with partner on data management

Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – I networked with people from the office, attended Deloitte events, attended info sessions. The interview was two rounds. The first round consisted of a 30 minute behavioral interview followed by a 30 minute Technology case. The second round consisted of a 15 minute behavioral interview with a Partner followed by a 45 minute Technology case with a Senior Manager. Surprisingly, none of the cases had any numbers in them. I found these cases easier than typical S&O cases.

To prepare practice the two cases on the website, read about SDLC, CRM and ERP systems. Be structured in your thought process and take a couple of seconds to think things through.

Interview Question – Give me a situation when you dealt with ambiguity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try and negotiate since it was for an internship position

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – It was very engaging, and all the professionals that I met were extremely helpful as well as passionate about their work.

Interview Question – Would you be able to sleep if you were to give a presentation to a CEO of a firm the next day?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple stages beginning with a phone interview and ending with a 3 hour+ face to face panel-type interview process. Lots of paperwork to fill in.

Interview Question – Are you ready to travel every week? This job will change your social life and you need to be prepared for that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was fine. The firm knew what it wanted to offer and I knew what I wanted to accept.

Human Capital Consulting Associate Interview

Human Capital Consulting Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Interview Details – The practitioners were very friendly and helpful when preparing for the interview. Once you get to the final round of interviews it seems to come down to the question of whether enough people, who have a significant say in the recruitment, like you to pull you in.

ERS Consultant Interview

ERS Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school's portal. Received an email which stated the 1st round interview selections, as well as a dinner the night before.

The email consisted of everyone's names who has been picked and the process for which the interviews will be conducted.

1st round was with two managers 30 minutes back-to-back. Two candidates are selected for that hour window, and they switch with each other midway through. This might create a tunnel vision to compete with one person, which is not true.

Both interviewers asked about behaviors/team work experience with allotted time for questions at the end. One was more focused on the resume.

Received an email one week later with no offer for an office visit.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you and your team had vague instructions on a project and the things you did to overcome that.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 52 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.