Deloitte

Average Difficulty
61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Initial communications: Reached out by the head campus recruiter and scheduled for two campus interviews, each one 15-30 minutes.
Planning: I was told this was mainly going to be a behavioral interview therefore I mainly planned by thoroughly reviewing my own resume and being prepared with the "STAR" method to respond to behavioral interview questions.
Number of Interviews: 4 total (2 first round on campus, 2 second round in the city)
Perception of the people: Motivated, lot of pride in their firm being better than other Big 4 firms

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "Why do you want to go into Audit versus Deloitte's other offerings (Tax, FAS, ERS, etc.)?"   View Answer

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – There is an interview or phone interview on campus. This is more of a get to know you interview. If you are qualified (minimum GPA of 3.2) and impress the recruiter with your resume you will receive a second interview if there is room in the city you are applying to. The second/office interview will be more behavioral questions (i.e. what would you do if you were in this situation...). There will not be anything too surprising or any case studies. You will meet with a manager or above for each of these interviews.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty standard - nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through school, received offer for LLC, then from that offer for internship, did a good job there and was offered a position full time. Interviews are all behavioral and really lad back.

Interview Question – "You lead this interview, ask me what you want to know? Ok, what else? what else? (For 30 minutes)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - all 1st years are offered the same starting salary.

Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview was on campus, final interviews were in the office. All interviews were very laid back and conversational. They do not expect you to have the skills and knowledge to perform your job, they'll teach you that. They just want to see that you're personable and can communicate with team members and clients.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

Interview Details – aggressive on campus presence was able to attract a lot of students. interview process was fairly easy. no technical questions. behavioral questions only. as long as you had a solid gpa and are confident, you should be able to get an offer.

Interview Question – tell me about a time where you went out of your way to help a stranger.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – >90% of the new hires are through on-campus interviews. Met with two audit managers on campus and brought back for a second interview at the Deloitte office. Met with a senior manager and partner for the second-round. Note, your educational and professional credentials landed you the interview. The interview process itself is based on compatability and whether the interviewers would want to work with you. Be yourself

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The questions were primarily behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Went very smoothly. Deloitte in my chosen location got back to me promptly regarding second round interviews. Heard back on my offer within a week of my interview.

Interview Question – My interviews were mostly conversation between me and the interviewer. I had two interviews. I felt very comfortable in both.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation which I did not have a problem with.

Audit Assistant

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was more of a social type interview. Questions was more to get to you know better. Be prepared however to provide examples of real life situations you've been through and experienced if you want to stand out against other candidates. You are competing against each other.

Got interviewed by Senior Auditor. He was easy going, like I said they want you, so they are not going to scare you they just want to know you better and see if you are the type of individual they want you to be working for the firm. There is a second interview though.

Interview Question – There was one or two technical questions that you need to provide with real life examples, so be prepared for that. The first interview is more behavioral type interview.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

Interview Details – Begins with a campus recruiting type event, followed by an interview on campus provided your resume is acceptable by Deloitte's standards (or you know someone to get yourself an interview). Campus interview includes stock behavioral interview questions, shouldn't be anything that wasn't taught to applicants already. Make sure you address each point appropriately putting additional weight on the resolution (prove how you are able to generate positive results, or, in the event of a negative example, how you learned from the outcome). Succeeding at the campus interview level provides an opportunity for an office visit. Here you will meet with varying degrees of Deloitte employees. The logistics of the interview will be conducted by the HR representative. Interviews will take place with a Partner/Director and a Manager. Usually followed by a lunch with a staff/senior. Make sure you find a way to relate to whomever you are interviewing, and prove you are enjoyable to be around during this stage.

Interview Question – What is your proudest accomplishment? (need to be prepared to brag about yourself)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room in offer, everyone gets about the same and varies by city.

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – apply through campus recruitment. 2 rounds interview

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you deal with sensitive information?
Tell me a time when you deal with multiple tasks?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte Audit Assistant interview questions and advice. All 61 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.