Deloitte Audit Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

It was on campus with two interviewers. One was a manager and one was a partner. One was more serious, the other tried to keep a comfortable environment and had more personality. At the end of the day they just want to hear your unique experience and potential to be a good employer.

Interview Questions

• Tell them about a difficult experience I had to overcome.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Assistant Interview

Interview

Talked with HR representative, then one 45 minute phone case interview and one 45 minute behavioral interview. Both were very relaxed, the Case interviewer took time to get to know you before the start. Similarly, they pick an interviewer with a similar background as you.

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied through school's career services. Soon after I got an email from the recruiter and I was invited to an office right away without having a phone call interview.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed with one partner and two managers, and the partner was very sharp in asking questions. She was asking questions after questions about the related topics.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. Did a phone interview and got invited in-house. Interview questions were extremely straightforward so as long as you do your homework and come prepared, you'll be fine. Super fun and nice people!

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with campus recruiter, and got an interview to Deloitte office. Went to office visit to interview with audit partner and audit director. The partner did not ask many behavior questions, mainly chatting. Audit director asked many behavior questions and questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with uncooperative team members?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate

Audit Assistant Interview

Interview

The first stage was a 30 min phone interview - was very casual and relaxed. Had a nice conversation with an audit senior manager, who asked the typical "why accounting/audit /Deloitte?" questions initially. Had strong answers for those, which comprised most of the interview time. The interviewer then asked one behavioral question and following that, I was given the chance to ask questions. The second stage included 2 30 min office interviews with a partner and a senior manager. Both interviews were very relaxed and comfortable. The interview with the partner was essentially a regular conversation - we talked about traveling around the world and he asked essentially zero behavioral questions. The interview with the senior manager was slightly more structured with a few questions geared towards understanding how you manage priorities, assignments and working with others on your team. Overall, the interview process was very nice, efficient and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• looking back on your life, if there's one thing you wish you had done differently, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I networked and applied online for the position, heard back within a week to schedule a first-round interview on campus. The first-round grilled me on my resume and had a behavioral section afterwards. I was asked about experience working in teams and how I deal with stress from what I remember. I was invited to a second-round a few weeks later and interviewed with two partners and a senior manager. They were exceptionally friendly and the whole interview seemed like more of a social than an actual interview. I mostly just chatted about my experience, their careers, families, hobbies, etc. Be prepared to walk someone through your resume and answer a few behavioral questions but for the most part just be friendly and open to conversation. Don't be afraid to ask questions or chat about more personal matters like family and vacation.

Interview Questions

• I had a low-ish GPA so if your GPA is not quite up to par, be prepared to explain and show what you have done to compensate or remedy. For the record, I had a 3.2-ish and was directly asked about my GPA.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little negotiation, but my kindly recruiter raised my starting salary slightly. I would not be afraid to ask for more if you think it necessary.

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

2 half-hour interviews back to back with managers on Campus. Before the interview, there was a pre-interview event the night before, and basically just talk with recruiters. After a few weeks, Deloitte will just send an email to notify whether you get to the second round or not

Audit Assistant Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview... no big surprises... same questions in multiple interviews and in general interviewers could care less about following any script. Just be prepared to answer questions about working in a "team environment" and most "challenging situations" that you've encountered.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really difficult   1 Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

Interview

The hiring process takes about a month. I talked briefly about my experience with HR. Then I had an interview with audit manager - went through resume and had a few behavioral questions. Finally, I was brought on-site to meet with partners.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Talked through experience on the resume and had some behavioral questions.   Answer Question