Deloitte Audit Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview

The interview started with an office tour followed by a presentation and a panel with younger associates to answer questions and share their experiences. Afterward, you had two behavioral interviews with either a partner or a manager. Everyone throughout the process was very friendly. Would definitely recommend the company based solely on the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to the company presentation on university campus and met with recruiters and university job fair. First round of interviews were on campus for 30 minutes. Final round interviews at the office for around 4.5 hours and received me offer the same day I'm the afternoon. Fairly quick, laid back recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• There were a few general behavioral questions, most of the interview was conversational.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

on campus interview. I attended all the info sessions and pre-night event. First round was all about behavior questions with a partner and a senior manager. Two interviews with a partner and a senior manager on site as well, but more about fit questions. Overall, people there are fantastic and passionate about their stuff.

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Got an interview through my college (Deloitte came to campus). Interviewed with a partner who asked behavioral type questions and reviewed my resume. Made it to second round interviews (treated to dinner the night before), second interview in the office with a different partner.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were unable to complete a task assigned to you   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Interview

Interviews are almost all behavioral, you will most likely do 2 or 3 with senior ranking members of the Audit team. Also, if you have greeters or facilitators between meetings, those people will also be evaluating you so be on your best behavior.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to work with a difficult person who didn't pull their weight and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial communications: Reached out by the head campus recruiter and scheduled for two campus interviews, each one 15-30 minutes.
    Planning: I was told this was mainly going to be a behavioral interview therefore I mainly planned by thoroughly reviewing my own resume and being prepared with the "STAR" method to respond to behavioral interview questions.
    Number of Interviews: 4 total (2 first round on campus, 2 second round in the city)
    Perception of the people: Motivated, lot of pride in their firm being better than other Big 4 firms

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was "Why do you want to go into Audit versus Deloitte's other offerings (Tax, FAS, ERS, etc.)?"   1 Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

Interview

There is an interview or phone interview on campus. This is more of a get to know you interview. If you are qualified (minimum GPA of 3.2) and impress the recruiter with your resume you will receive a second interview if there is room in the city you are applying to. The second/office interview will be more behavioral questions (i.e. what would you do if you were in this situation...). There will not be anything too surprising or any case studies. You will meet with a manager or above for each of these interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard - nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation.

Audit Assistant Interview

Interview

>90% of the new hires are through on-campus interviews. Met with two audit managers on campus and brought back for a second interview at the Deloitte office. Met with a senior manager and partner for the second-round. Note, your educational and professional credentials landed you the interview. The interview process itself is based on compatability and whether the interviewers would want to work with you. Be yourself

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The questions were primarily behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Went very smoothly. Deloitte in my chosen location got back to me promptly regarding second round interviews. Heard back on my offer within a week of my interview.

Interview Questions

• My interviews were mostly conversation between me and the interviewer. I had two interviews. I felt very comfortable in both.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation which I did not have a problem with.

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Interview

Interview was more of a social type interview. Questions was more to get to you know better. Be prepared however to provide examples of real life situations you've been through and experienced if you want to stand out against other candidates. You are competing against each other.

Got interviewed by Senior Auditor. He was easy going, like I said they want you, so they are not going to scare you they just want to know you better and see if you are the type of individual they want you to be working for the firm. There is a second interview though.

Interview Questions

• There was one or two technical questions that you need to provide with real life examples, so be prepared for that. The first interview is more behavioral type interview.   Answer Question