Deloitte

Average Difficulty
61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – on-campus first round interviews which usually only consist of 1 or 2. Then in-office second round interviews with 2 or 3 interviews with managers and partners.

Interview Question – What is a time when you failed in a group setting?   Answer Question

Audit Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – 2 interviews and a meet & greet. First interview took place on college campus with one Accounting Manager. Then was asked for a second interview with a meet & greet in the actual office the night before. The second interview was also in the office which consisted of 2 back to back interviews with 2 different partners.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to work as a team and you ran into difficulties.   Answer Question

Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – All the behavioral questions including leadership, time management, communication.

Interview Question – How to organize a writing?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Interview Details – Typically done at a younger age, either through on campus hirings or after having completed an internship. Internship interviews consisted of multiple rounds with senior managers and partners.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were unable to do something on your own and had to rely on your network to solve a problem   Answer Question

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – 1st rounds on campus. Mainly resume questions and conversation.
2nd rounds in house. 3 interviews with Senior Manager up to Partner Level. A couple behavioral questions, but it really depends on who you talk to. One partner kept it conversational while the Senior Manager asked mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Either behavioral or personal only   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Two weeks to decide. They like to wine and dine you. It was a very good experience.

Very Easy Interview

South Bend, IN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed through Notre Dame college recruitment process. Very straight forward interviews with 2 separate 30 min interviews 1 day and then 1 45 min the next day all with partners. Offer made quickly thereafter.

Interview Question – No technical questions asked, all behavorial based   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interviews. First round was through my university's on campus recruiting office. 30min with a Partner; interview was behavioral. Heard back four days later, got second round interview. This round was in-house, 8:30am-2pm. It included a short breakfast, followed by three 30min interviews with two Partners and one Manager. Afterwards a lunch with young professionals. Heard back two weeks later with the offer.

Interview Question – All questions were behavioral. Included: Why Accounting, Why Audit, Why Deloitte.
Tell me about a time where you pursued an issue against general opinion.
How would you describe your role in a team (three options given: piece-maker, leader, quiet person)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation occurred.

Very Easy Interview

Fresno, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – I asked my professor about the Deloitte office in Fresno, CA. He called someone at their office on Tuesday morning. Within 30 minutes they emailed me asking me to meet them for coffee that Saturday. I was offered the job at that interview.

I don't think this is a normal experience, I have a GPA of 3.95 and they were very impressed. Also, a professor referral goes a long way, and he was an amazing professor.

Interview Question – None - very informal interview.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2008.

Interview Details – First a reception and then two rounds of interviews including an on-campus interview of 30 minutes and a half-day interview which includes two rounds of interviews with senior managers and partners and a lunch with first-year associates.

Interview Question – Why did you choose auditing?   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Interview Details – Started the interview process by submitting my resume through the college portal for public accounting interviews. The Big Four accounting firms then came to campus & selected the candidates they wanted to interview. Initial interviews were held with the Recruiting person who either passed you through to the real interviews or declined any further progress. Once you made the next round there was typically a night-time social followed by 3 interviews the at the company office the next day. After my office interviews, I was notified the next day that I received an offer.

Interview Questions