Deloitte

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Applied on campus, two on campus interviews on one day. One based on behavioral and the other one is casual.

Interview Question – Typical Big 4 questions   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on college career services website and was contacted for an on-campus interview. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and was with a Senior Manager. Interview was fairly informal. Interviewer opened with her work history before asking that I tell her a little about myself and about why I was pursuing a career in public accounting.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Only behavioral question was, "Tell me about a time that you worked with a difficult person".   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Two back to back 30 minutes first round interview. One focus on behavioral and other one is conversational.

Interview Question – None. Typical Big 4 questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview for the NYC office. I didn't receive an invite for the next round of interviews because the recruiter and I were not on the same page unfortunately. My resume was given to the company through one of their employees and they did not mention the location I would be looking for. However, performing the phone interview was still good practice for the future.

The recruiter asked very basic information such as which field I would prefer (audit or tax) and how I knew what field I wanted to go into (I already knew I wanted to do auditing).

Interview Question – The phone interview questions are not difficult. They are pretty basic. Unfortunately, I was not looking to work in NY.   Answer Question

Provo, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process included me submitted my resume and lots of information online. A week later I was notified that I would have an on-campus interview, along with the rest of the students who had been approved for an interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were less than honest in your schoolwork   Answer Question

Audit Associate

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2007.

Interview Details – Interviewing with deloitte is going to be very professional, because they have a very professional culture. Nice people, and very easy to talk to and get along with. I started working in the spring and i loved my engagement team.
They definitely ask you a lot of questions that are related to the current events and topics in the news, to see how you adapt and handle conversation. Their were also a lot of behavioral questions that require how you would handle different situations.

Interview Question – Can you tell me a time where you had to gather large amounts of complex information and present it in a short amount of time?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2007.

Interview Details – The interview process while detail oriented, was quite smooth and not strenuous whatsoever. First stage was a phone interview with HR, which seemed for like a screening than an interview. They then brought me in for a face to face with two senior managers who asked the standard interview questions, hypotheticals, situations, etc. They seemed more concerned about my personality and my "way of thinking" then my problem-solving or calculation abilities. All in all the interview process was very relaxed and actually fairly easy. Within about 5-7 days i was notified that they were extending me an offer and i accepted. Simple, easy and stress free.

Interview Question – How would you sell your self to a potential investor?   Answer Question

Audit Associate
Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Interview Details – I emailed a recruiter about any open positions, shortly after she replied stating that she would forward my resume to the Audit Director. By the end of the day, I was told they wanted to set up a Interview via Skype (I live in NY and position was for Dominican Republic location)

The interview was pretty straight forward, obvious questions, why did I want to work in the Dominican Republic, explain my background, and she went through when they usually would get busy throughout the year.

Interview Question – Audit director asked me if I would be prepared to work for their kind of firm when my background only indicated that I worked for medium sized businesses.   Answer Question

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Interview Details – Essays, IQ test, English test, 1:1 interview

Interview Question – What is your great achievement so far? What makes you different from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed at Deloitte in January 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Group interview: 6 short-listed candidates in one group, problem-solving as a team
2. Partner interview: face-to-face free discussion with partner

Interview Question – During group interview, each candidate will contribute both in the discussion and presentation.   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!