Deloitte

61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The interview process began on campus. I received an offer to come for an office visit. I was told to book a flight and hotel. There was another interviewee in at the same time, and the staff kept asking me why I had stayed at a hotel when the other candidate had not. Felt uncomfortable during the interview. Ultimately, would not have wanted to work with those that I had interviewed with.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were straight forward, as expected. I was asked behavioral questions similar to what any of the Big 4 would ask during on campus interviews and during the office visit. The situation that came up regarding the hotel stay was the part of the interview that was the "toughest", since it put me in an awkward position.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Interview process was great. Two rounds of interviews, but both were just conversations and telling the interviewer about yourself. No set questions (not the typical behavioral questions you find on the web). You make your interview the way you want it to go.

Interview Question – It was conversational. Nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – On campus interview then office interview

Interview Question – The questions were more of a conversation.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process for students is extensive. It consists of spring and summer socials, online applications, 1st round campus interviews and 2nd round office interviews. Students should keep in mind that the real leg work, if they want to land an offer, is done primarily in the spring and summer. Many of the big four firms will already have an idea of most of the people they want to pass through to their second round interviews before they even interview on campus. They will keep a few slots for students that are on the edge or that flew under the radar. However, you will significantly raise your chances of landing 1st and 2nd round interviews by reaching out to recruiters and professionals ahead of time during the summer.

Leverage your school's career services and alumni network to gain the proper contacts, set up meetings and then follow up with the professionals that you meet. Build quality relationships with a few employees at each level of the firm (especially senior and manager level) rather than just trying to meet everyone you possibly can at networking events. When you make quality connections, those people will vouch for you in the interview selection process.

Interview Question – They may ask you to describe your leadership style which can be challenging for people. Don't just say you lead by example without expanding, or else the interviewer might just take this as "I'm not really a leader." All of the questions are pretty normal behavioral questions. Hardly any curve balls or technical questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase only happens if you have multiple offers and it is pretty minimal. You have to tell the companies what the others have offered you and usually it is not related to intern wages but instead things like a rotation abroad or a crossover internship between audit, tax and advisory. If you do not have multiple offers you have no leverage and you accept, because any internship is a great opportunity.

The tricky part is that if you get an offer at the end of your internship you will not have any other offers to compare your salary to, or negotiate with. Deloitte offered at 48,500 which was competitive with the other companies, but we didn't know this at the time we had to accept. 0

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Three interview Process

On-Campus Interview: Interview was with a Director. I think it was a fit test because aside from pretty standard behavioral questions, the interview focused on our experiences that led us to where we were respectively and our goals moving forward. The interviewer did scrutinize my transcript so be prepared to explain blips and dips in grades.

On-site Interview with Manager & Partner: Separate interview but they were both very nice and welcoming. Walked them through my resume and then it became conversational. One focused more on the required questions as opposed to the other but both made it easy to talk to them.

Interview Question – "If there is one thing you want me to know about you by the end of this interview, what would you want me to know?"   Answer Question

Interview Details – Social then interview the next day

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were unsuccessful in college   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Audit Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of three interviews. A interview with a partner was the first round and an interview with a partner and a manager was the second.

Interview Question – Asked why I wanted to work in the specific answer.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Deloitte knows how to wine and dine future talent. They are engaging and polite people, and know how to entice someone to come into their Big4 realm.

Interview Question – Most behavioral interview questions were pretty basic, just study up and be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, as and intern you take the given hourly salary, which is amazing anyway.

Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Interview Details – applied through university website. had an on-campus interview with a director. later I was called for an on-site visit where I met 2 partners. Offer was communicated by one of the partners within a couple of hours after the visit.

Interview Question – All the questions were resume-based and behavioral. No technical questions   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting. Applied through University career site.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!