Deloitte

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

The interview process began on campus. I received an offer to come for an office visit. I was told to book a flight and hotel. There was another interviewee in at the same time, and the staff kept asking me why I had stayed at a hotel when the other candidate had not. Felt uncomfortable during the interview. Ultimately, would not have wanted to work with those that I had interviewed with.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were straight forward, as expected. I was asked behavioral questions similar to what any of the Big 4 would ask during on campus interviews and during the office visit. The situation that came up regarding the hotel stay was the part of the interview that was the "toughest", since it put me in an awkward position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Intern Interview

Interview process was great. Two rounds of interviews, but both were just conversations and telling the interviewer about yourself. No set questions (not the typical behavioral questions you find on the web). You make your interview the way you want it to go.

Interview Questions
    • It was conversational. Nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

On campus interview then office interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Social then interview the next day

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

applied through university website. had an on-campus interview with a director. later I was called for an on-site visit where I met 2 partners. Offer was communicated by one of the partners within a couple of hours after the visit.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were resume-based and behavioral. No technical questions   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Campus recruiting. Applied through University career site.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

The whole process from the start of sending in your application and first round interview is almost 2 weeks, 5-6 weeks if you move on to second rounds. Deloitte is very fast on sending out there approval to come in for an interview or if you didn't get it. Instructions on registering are clear-cut, although tedious compared to my past experiences.

You will be invited to a social night to meet the firm, and the following day will be your interview.

The partners were very nice, making there way around to each group at the social night to introduce themselves, and overall made a great impression. The younger staff seemed nice and welcoming as well, but that welcoming vibe sort of diminishes when you come to see them in the front lobby pre-interview. I give the younger staff the benefit of the doubt that they could have been nervous for hosting the first time, but overall, there was a significant change in their attitude, regardless if you met them before or not.

My interview was pretty straight-forward and nothing unexpected that you can't prepare for. After the introduction and ice-breaking comments, my interviewer seem to didn't want to open up after that. It was cut-and-dry business talk about the firm and work you will be doing. Very informative but not interesting when my goal was to try to understand about the culture and learn more about her. At one point, she started playing with her hair, possibly looking for split-ends?

Overall, seems like a great company, although my interviewer was nice, I was not impressed based on what she did as it left a bad impression for the firm.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of time you will be working with groups, and there might be a member that is hard to work with.. give an example and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

This is only my review of the first round, I got offered an invitation to their in-office interviews which is in a few weeks. I applied through my university and had an on campus interview. The interview started off with the interviewer asking me to run through my resume briefly and describe everything one there. Once I was done with that he asked me the behavioural question below. After that was done we had a little time for small talk and then he asked if I had any questions. My initial thought was that I tanked the interview but surprisingly I got invited to the in office interview, so you never know.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of when you had to be a leader and help those under you reach a certain standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Campus interview. There is a pre-interview social for interviewees to meet with people from the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

They came on campus to recruit and the process was very nice. First interview was very smooth and it was just a way for you to tell them anything you want about yourself. Second interview was at their office and much more structured. Interviewed with senior manager and partner.