Deloitte Audit Intern Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with Deloitte spring 2009. They had a lot of behavioral questions, the toughest one asked me to explain a situation where I was wrongly awarded something and had to give it back (or that was the gist of the question). Lucky for me literally 2 weeks before that I had the perfect example happen to me at work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were wrongly awarded or given something and explain what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview

It is done via on campus recruiting. I applied online through my university's career website, and submitted both my resume and unofficial transcript. After being selected for interview on campus, Deloitte had a dinner the night before the interview. The dinner was held in a bar/restaurant and it is optional. The next day was the interview. After the interview, I got a respond from the HR person few days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans in the next 5 years? What about the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Tampa, FL).

Interview

1. Campus career fair - Spoke with one of the audit managers for some time. I applied online through the campus career center as requested and was accepted for an on-campus interview. 2. Pre-Interview Social - Deloitte invited all candidates to a social before the on-campus interviews. We all sat at tables with a Deloitte employee sitting at each table. It was a great opportunity to ask questions and learn about the company. It was a very relaxed evening. 3. On-Campus Interview - This was 30 minutes. I interviewed with an audit manager. Some behavorial questions, but the rest was mostly open for me to ask questions. After this I was accepted for the office visit. It took about a week to get that. 4. Pre-Office Visit Dinner - The night before the office visit there was a dinner at a nice restaurant. Only Deloitte staff and seniors were present (no partners). I felt very comfortable asking anything. This dinner went for about 2 hours. 5. Office Visit - The visit went for about 5 hours. There was an hour for breakfast and a general presentation given by one of the partners. The we went for two back-to-back interviews. One was with a manager and another with a partner. They were both basically me asking questions. They had a couple questions based on my resume, but only a couple. I lead both interviews by asking them questions and having conversation. Then we did an office tour given by some of the staff. After that we went to lunch with the staff that gave us the tours. Again, it was another nice restaurant. I sat with 2 staff and another candidate. The candidate was intent on controlling most of the conversation--it was really forced. I relaxed and interjected where it seemed to be appropriate (went for quality no quantity). After lunch, it was back to the office for another interview with a manager. Again, this was mostly me asking questions. Then we were dismissed. 6. Follow-Up - I received a phone call the same day a couple hours after the office visit. The partner I interviewed with called me and offered me the job. My Observations... There are many misconceptions about the Big 4. The staff are the best people to clear this up. Everyone at Deloitte is seriously motivated and proud of what they do and who they work for. They are company people and put clients first. Everyone was very nice and aimiable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The offer was more than competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

1st round on-campus, 2nd round in-house

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

Interview

Interview consisted of three interviews. A interview with a partner was the first round and an interview with a partner and a manager was the second.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Three interview Process On-Campus Interview: Interview was with a Director. I think it was a fit test because aside from pretty standard behavioral questions, the interview focused on our experiences that led us to where we were respectively and our goals moving forward. The interviewer did scrutinize my transcript so be prepared to explain blips and dips in grades. On-site Interview with Manager & Partner: Separate interview but they were both very nice and welcoming. Walked them through my resume and then it became conversational. One focused more on the required questions as opposed to the other but both made it easy to talk to them.

Interview Questions

• "If there is one thing you want me to know about you by the end of this interview, what would you want me to know?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Deloitte knows how to wine and dine future talent. They are engaging and polite people, and know how to entice someone to come into their Big4 realm.

Interview Questions

• Most behavioral interview questions were pretty basic, just study up and be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, as and intern you take the given hourly salary, which is amazing anyway.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with two people from HR. Mostly behavioral questions with one or two questions geared towards the industry as a whole.

Interview Questions

• "What is the biggest challenge you see facing professional services firms such as Deloitte today and in the near future?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Called the next day with an offer and I accepted within a week. No negotiation of pay.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bloomington, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

On-Campus behavior based interview with two partners. One from audit and one from tax. The interview took a total of one hour. I was asked primarily questions on based on my resume. A week later I was asked to visit the office in Chicago. I was put in the W hotel on Deloitte's expense. The visit was very relaxed and consisted of HR presentations and two interviews with senior management. At least one of them was an auditor from Andrew Anderson and was very sensitive to anything related to Enron. Most of the questions asked were related to why am I interested in auditing and why Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• To me the most difficult question was: "How do your peers know that you are putting effort in what you are doing?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2011.

Interview

Best way to get an internship with Deloitte is to work with your campus recruiter. Also, make sure the first time you see the interviewer is not in the interview.