Deloitte

2.8

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2009.

I interviewed with Deloitte spring 2009. They had a lot of behavioral questions, the toughest one asked me to explain a situation where I was wrongly awarded something and had to give it back (or that was the gist of the question). Lucky for me literally 2 weeks before that I had the perfect example happen to me at work.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation when you were wrongly awarded or given something and explain what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

It is done via on campus recruiting. I applied online through my university's career website, and submitted both my resume and unofficial transcript. After being selected for interview on campus, Deloitte had a dinner the night before the interview. The dinner was held in a bar/restaurant and it is optional. The next day was the interview. After the interview, I got a respond from the HR person few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What are your plans in the next 5 years? What about the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

1. Campus career fair - Spoke with one of the audit managers for some time. I applied online through the campus career center as requested and was accepted for an on-campus interview.

2. Pre-Interview Social - Deloitte invited all candidates to a social before the on-campus interviews. We all sat at tables with a Deloitte employee sitting at each table. It was a great opportunity to ask questions and learn about the company. It was a very relaxed evening.

3. On-Campus Interview - This was 30 minutes. I interviewed with an audit manager. Some behavorial questions, but the rest was mostly open for me to ask questions. After this I was accepted for the office visit. It took about a week to get that.

4. Pre-Office Visit Dinner - The night before the office visit there was a dinner at a nice restaurant. Only Deloitte staff and seniors were present (no partners). I felt very comfortable asking anything. This dinner went for about 2 hours.

5. Office Visit - The visit went for about 5 hours. There was an hour for breakfast and a general presentation given by one of the partners. The we went for two back-to-back interviews. One was with a manager and another with a partner. They were both basically me asking questions. They had a couple questions based on my resume, but only a couple. I lead both interviews by asking them questions and having conversation. Then we did an office tour given by some of the staff. After that we went to lunch with the staff that gave us the tours. Again, it was another nice restaurant. I sat with 2 staff and another candidate. The candidate was intent on controlling most of the conversation--it was really forced. I relaxed and interjected where it seemed to be appropriate (went for quality no quantity). After lunch, it was back to the office for another interview with a manager. Again, this was mostly me asking questions. Then we were dismissed.

6. Follow-Up - I received a phone call the same day a couple hours after the office visit. The partner I interviewed with called me and offered me the job.

My Observations...

There are many misconceptions about the Big 4. The staff are the best people to clear this up. Everyone at Deloitte is seriously motivated and proud of what they do and who they work for. They are company people and put clients first. Everyone was very nice and aimiable.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. The offer was more than competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in April 2013.

1st round on-campus, 2nd round in-house

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

Interview consisted of three interviews. A interview with a partner was the first round and an interview with a partner and a manager was the second.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Three interview Process

On-Campus Interview: Interview was with a Director. I think it was a fit test because aside from pretty standard behavioral questions, the interview focused on our experiences that led us to where we were respectively and our goals moving forward. The interviewer did scrutinize my transcript so be prepared to explain blips and dips in grades.

On-site Interview with Manager & Partner: Separate interview but they were both very nice and welcoming. Walked them through my resume and then it became conversational. One focused more on the required questions as opposed to the other but both made it easy to talk to them.

Interview Questions
    • "If there is one thing you want me to know about you by the end of this interview, what would you want me to know?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

The interview process for students is extensive. It consists of spring and summer socials, online applications, 1st round campus interviews and 2nd round office interviews. Students should keep in mind that the real leg work, if they want to land an offer, is done primarily in the spring and summer. Many of the big four firms will already have an idea of most of the people they want to pass through to their second round interviews before they even interview on campus. They will keep a few slots for students that are on the edge or that flew under the radar. However, you will significantly raise your chances of landing 1st and 2nd round interviews by reaching out to recruiters and professionals ahead of time during the summer.

Leverage your school's career services and alumni network to gain the proper contacts, set up meetings and then follow up with the professionals that you meet. Build quality relationships with a few employees at each level of the firm (especially senior and manager level) rather than just trying to meet everyone you possibly can at networking events. When you make quality connections, those people will vouch for you in the interview selection process.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you to describe your leadership style which can be challenging for people. Don't just say you lead by example without expanding, or else the interviewer might just take this as "I'm not really a leader." All of the questions are pretty normal behavioral questions. Hardly any curve balls or technical questions.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase only happens if you have multiple offers and it is pretty minimal. You have to tell the companies what the others have offered you and usually it is not related to intern wages but instead things like a rotation abroad or a crossover internship between audit, tax and advisory. If you do not have multiple offers you have no leverage and you accept, because any internship is a great opportunity.

The tricky part is that if you get an offer at the end of your internship you will not have any other offers to compare your salary to, or negotiate with. Deloitte offered at 48,500 which was competitive with the other companies, but we didn't know this at the time we had to accept. 0

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

Had a phone interview with two people from HR. Mostly behavioral questions with one or two questions geared towards the industry as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the biggest challenge you see facing professional services firms such as Deloitte today and in the near future?"   View Answer
    Called the next day with an offer and I accepted within a week. No negotiation of pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Deloitte knows how to wine and dine future talent. They are engaging and polite people, and know how to entice someone to come into their Big4 realm.

Interview Questions
    • Most behavioral interview questions were pretty basic, just study up and be prepared.   Answer Question
    None, as and intern you take the given hourly salary, which is amazing anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

Very easy process when going through interviews on campus.