Deloitte

Average Difficulty
61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – 1st round on campus was relatively easy, they flew a manager down from SF to LA and so the interview was really easy. The 2nd round in SF was with one manger and one partner. Both were pretty conversational.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were trying to achieve something and you faced something that got in the way of getting it?   Answer Question

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Interview Details – First round on campus, two 1:1 back to back 30 min interviews
All basic behavioral questions. Pushed a little but nothing crazy.
Second round invited to office in LA, three back to back 1:1 interviews with senior manager, partner, and director. Second round was most chill interview process ever, barely asked any behavioral questions, just getting to know you and see if they'd like being around you.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – Campus recruitment attends my university accounting career fair. From there, you are selected for an interview based on your resume and interaction with local recruiters and past students currently working with Deloitte.

Interview Question – Very informal interview with a conversational flow.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went on to other Big 4 Accounting Firm

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

Interview Details – They were very friendly. They took all of the applicants out to dinner before hand so that we would feel comfortable in our interview. It was easy to apply for an interview, all you had to do was enter your resume. The day following the dinner were the interviews. You had an interview with a partner and then with a Senior.

Interview Question – What is a time where you displayed leadership qualities and used them to reach a goal?   Answer Question

Newark, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was an interview on campus. I waited for about 5 minutes to speak with the interviewer. The interview took about 30 minutes. Basic questions about behavior and situation circumstances were asked. The interview was very civil.

Interview Question – Name a time when a team member was not meeting expectations and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral interview. Remember a time when...kind of questions. I would recommend coming up with canned responses in advance for all the typical questions. Time you were challenged, time you overcame adversity, time you motivated another person, etc. Also got asked what I was proudest about on my resume. That said, GPA is the most important thing to them when they look for an intern. So if you don't have an amazing GPA, you ought to consider the other firms before Deloitte as they may not give you the consideration you deserve. They are however, very nice and honest. They don't just tell you that you will play kickball and go to Lady Gaga concerts like other firms do.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to overcome adversity   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Interview Details – An audit manager form Fort Worth office interviewed me. He introduced himself then asked me a few behavior questions. He seemed very nice, and it was hard to guess what he was thinking.

Interview Questions

Des Moines, IA

Interview Details – I applied for the position online at their website and at my university's database for the onsite interview. The only applicants to receive interviews were those that applied at both, not just online through the university's database. The interview was about 45 minutes, a lot of behavioral based questions, interest in accounting/audit, and then a good mix of conversation between questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member and how you devised a creative solution to the problem.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had my 1st round interview on-campus at the career services center. I was interviewed by a partner in Audit from the pittsburgh office that was very nice, approachable, had a sense of humor, and conversational. It really depends on who you are interviewed by, but from my experience, it seems that the higher level up interviewers seem to ask less, if any behavioral questions and judge the interview more on the conversation you had with them to see if your personable (they may be able to read you better). The 2nd round interview took place in the pittsburgh office. It consisted of an introduction, two 1:1 back-to-back interviews (very similar to the 1st round interviews), coffee and breakfast with some of the staff, lunch at a fancy restaurant, and a closing. Everyone was very friendly, down-to-earth, and seemed to be enjoyable to work with.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to convince or persuade someone   Answer Question
  • Name a time you were a team leader and how you deviated tasks to reach an overall goal.   Answer Question
  • Name a time where you introduced a new idea to a situation and the result.   Answer Question
  • Name a time where you asked for feedback to improve your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Be yourself, relax, and friendly.

Dallas, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Deloitte spring 2009. They had a lot of behavioral questions, the toughest one asked me to explain a situation where I was wrongly awarded something and had to give it back (or that was the gist of the question). Lucky for me literally 2 weeks before that I had the perfect example happen to me at work.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you were wrongly awarded or given something and explain what you did as a result.   Answer Question